ShiftySamurai

Counselor Safety Briefing - 1/29/18

26 minutes ago, JarMa13 said:

i deserve a pocket knife in every round. . 

i am 100% opposed to less knives and will complain until you bring them back.

This is BULLSHIT

1gcex1.jpg

2 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

Yay. A braggart taking the easy way out. I sincerely hope you're not killing whole lobbies with the quick and easy. 

On a whim for my own selfish gratification.

I sincerely hope you don't think I care what people like you think about it.

I owe them nor you nothing, particularly consideration.

I play the game within the rules and how you emotionally deal with it is of no concern to me save for the times it's amusing.

If you throw your controller through your TV screen I consider my mission accomplished.

The way Jason players have been treated recently, to have you actually take the position you have, is hysterical.

Counselors have an unfathomable amount of karma headed their direction.

And no, I don't care if 99% of them quit.

8 minutes ago, Caliph said:

I play the game within the rules and how you emotionally deal with it is of no concern to me save for the times it's amusing.

If you throw your controller through your TV screen I consider my mission accomplished.

The way Jason players have been treated recently, to have you actually take the position you have, is hysterical.

You sound like the kind of guy who drops out of a lobby when you don’t get Jason and wouldn’t have the first clue how to play as a counselor. 

8 minutes ago, erichsalvesen said:

You sound like the kind of guy who drops out of a lobby when you don’t get Jason and wouldn’t have the first clue how to play as a counselor. 

That's nice dear.

Ok, pocket knives needed to happen but medsprays?! You guys made pretty much anyone who plays as Jason now into slashers and now we gotta deal with that. Have y’all thought about taking a more balanced approach instead of jumping from one extreme to another? Like I said, glad y’all are reducing the amount of pocket knives. But some stuff was fine as is.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brogan322 said:

Yeah, Jason cannot hear you if you mute him... 

Doesn’t matter to my main point that people are always forgetting that Jason has ears. And even if they do, a lot of people don’t know how to mute individual players once the game begins. 

3 hours ago, Tom said:

I meant tues...not wed...got confused guys with the 12am new day shit...lol

Oh shit, then hopefully it should be out at any time now for me. I hope everyone enjoys it! Here's to new shit and hopefully a step back in the right direction.

1 hour ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Playing as Jason should be a challenge??? No. Clearly you’ve never seen the films. Playing as a COUNSELOR should be a challenge. Surviving should be rare. 

I've seen all the films. I watch them religiously every Friday the 13th it's my tradition. My point is If you're an advanced player you should have no problem killing the majority of the counselors as it is right now. Also i don't survive as a counselor all the time. Sometimes i do and sometimes i don't.  it just depends on the different circumstances in each round. Now these changes have gone in Jason's favor in the extreme. I like the challenge playing as Jason right now if you want to make it easier then maybe your skills as Jason isn't up to par.

The problem with jason being a pinata has to do with people mostly using Chad, Vanessa while exploiting to get unlimited health sprays, pocket knives. There are already finite items in the game and anything done to limit items is just going to affect regular users who already die to jason in a usual and consistent manner. Also, I doubt people are going to want to play a game where 7 of the 8 players find few to no items to survive and do nothing except have their characters die within 2 minutes of the game starting. The possible result is that all of the people who just want to play a video game will stop playing, people who cheat the game unnaturally will become more frequent and then the game dies out.

In either event, I hope that there are good changes not readily mentioned that do help the councilors survive against jason in a meaningful way, regardless of the fact that the unrealistic things some in the community think they want is probably not good for people who want to play a video game. Not everyone views this piece of software as a tribute to jason killing camp councilors and I doubt 7 out of 8 people are going to want to only do that for a prolonged time (or however long the lifespan of this game) without a reasonable means to survive against jason.

1 hour ago, JarMa13 said:

i deserve a pocket knife in every round. You need them to set off traps and to protect 

Even with the knives as they are.  Instead of making it easier,  tell players to work harder 

So, it's ok for the game to be super easy for the no-name counselors but it needs to be hard for the STAR of the franchise? Lol.

P.S, you deserve nothing.

• Like 1

On paper I agree with the changes regarding both, Jason and the counselors. Of course I'll have to wait and see how this will play out in the end.

People who complain about the reduction of items: The increase after the last patch was NOT meant to be as huge as it got. It was stated numerous times by the devs and Shifty that something went wrong there and was about to change. If there's two knives and two sprays less per map, there'd still be a lot to go around. Now there's bigger need for guarding and helping each other.

Whoo! I might actually be afraid of Jason and have a reason to play again! This is a serious buff to Jason, so it might make part markers on the map easier to deal with (although I still think there should be an option to turn them off).

I'm only going to miss getting a pocket knife for taking out a trap on an objectives more than using it against Jason here, well maybe not that security in the car. 

Now I worry it'll be a 'no you go first' at any objective with a trap on it. 

It does sound like this patch could address most of the issues however so I am looking forward to it.

• Like 1

This is BULLSHIT! 

There are already too many times i cant find a knife.Plus im ALWAYS searching for spray. 

Its like the complainers are just people who suck at the game and arent giving a realistic portrayal. 

As Jason i still kill everyone. Yes knives piss me off but so what,  thats life.

Everyone agrees this is LAME

and increasing jasons grab, radius is absurd  .He already grabs you when youre a car length away from him,  what more do u want? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, JayDoesGames said:

I hope it does. We need pocket knives.

Looking at all your posts, I would guess you are a Jason troller , and stated playing the game after October , well it  looks like you should go start playing a new game, the devs are reverting to the game they brought us at launch..... don’t let the door hit you on the way out

2 hours ago, Caliph said:

I'm just saying that bragging about being the lowest common denominator is weak. If you do something worth bragging about, have at. 

14 hours ago, JayDoesGames said:

Well judging by the reponse elsewere to these new changes, I'd say that taking the fun away from counselor players is a sure fire way to kill the game off faster. Congrats.

Get lost tool! people like you are why the game has sucked the past 3 months, we don’t need casual gamers like you, this is Friday the 13th, try watching a movie, you obviously aren’t a fan.

16 minutes ago, JarMa13 said:

This is BULLSHIT! 

There are already too many times i cant find a knife.Plus im ALWAYS searching for spray. 

Its like the complainers are just people who suck at the game and arent giving a realistic portrayal. 

As Jason i still kill everyone. Yes knives piss me off but so what,  thats life.

Everyone agrees this is LAME

and increasing jasons grab, radius is absurd  .He already grabs you when youre a car length away from him,  what more do u want? 

I dont know where you could possibly be going wrong with sprays. If you need one then simply check any of the bathrooms. And if you fail there then check a campsite. I always have one in the first minute of gameplay. Finding a map is harder a lot of times. 

4 minutes ago, sickassgamer said:

But now how are we supposed to deal with the bear traps Jason places in front of cars and fuse boxes?

The same way, it will just be more of a meaningful sacrifice on your part. 

It's obvious these counselor main scrubs aren't happy their troll tools are going bye bye.

If the game isn't fun because you actually have to work as a team and can't 1 v 1 Jason, sucks to be you. Learn how to play or go play something else. People were surviving before the October/December patches just fine. If you have that much of an issue, it means you don't play up to par.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

It's obvious these counselor main scrubs aren't happy their troll tools are going bye bye.

If the game isn't fun because you actually have to work as a team and can't 1 v 1 Jason, sucks to be you. Learn how to play or go play something else. People were surviving before the October/December patches just fine. If you have that much of an issue, it means you don't play up to par.

There are definitely a lot of players that are confusing a stockpile of sprays and knives with actual skill. Sure, there are a lot of people that are very good at playing whack-a-mole with Jason’s head, but it’s unbelievable how many think they are God’s gift to shit just because they got away purely because they managed to stick a shiv in his neck, even though they have been slashed and grabbed multiple times. These people need to be taken down a peg or two. 

• Like 2