ShiftySamurai

Counselor Safety Briefing - 1/29/18

10 minutes ago, BlackWindStigma said:

While I'm enthused about Jason becoming a menace I can't help but think that this update might lean unfairly towards Jason.  Don't get me wrong, there s way too many pocket knifes and Jason needs to be buffed but as someone who primarily plays Deborah my biggest concern is going to be the traps. With less pocket knifes on the map counselors will want to keep them (especially if the reworked grab benefits Jason) and so traps are going to become more of a deterrent.  Sure you can trigger the trap but with less med sprays that s quite a risk and with the buffs Jason is receiving, triggering a trap is going to be a real no-no. I have a feeling lobbies with randoms are going to become a real pain.

With that being said this could also be a very good thing.  Maybe players are going to have to play there counselors to there strengths a lot more and teamwork is going to be really critical in trying to even get a few people out alive.  Only time will tell.  Look forward to dying again :D

Exactly...that is how the game SHOULD be played. 

1 hour ago, Sogreth said:

I mean, the same could be said to Jason players.

Anyone who uses the phrase "GIT GUD" in anything other than a joking or ironic manner is a giant, giant dildo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dandan10 said:

Ok I thought maybe one of each item gone but this reduction is absurd, you've gone to far one way now, especially with a faster Jason and better grab, this will not be fun for someone like me who prefers counselor play

YOU PREFER PLAYING AS A COUNSELOR...BECAUSE PLAYING AS JASON HAS SUCKED FOR MONTHS NOW...THIS IS A VERY MINOR UPDATE...GONE TOO FAR...YOU ARE LUCKY HE'S NOT FULLY REVERTED TO DAY 1 CODE...YOU NOOBS AND

CASUALS NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY THE GAME PROPERLY AS A COUNSELOR..HE STILL HAS BROKEN TRAPS...HIT DETECTION...NERFED SLASH RANGE...THIS IS A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION...TRUST ME..IT'S STILL CATERED TO COUNSELORS...I BEAT UP AND TEABAG JASON EVERY

GAME...IT'S NOT FUN OR SCARY ANYMORE...IT'S BORING...YOU COUNSELORS THINK YOU ARE GOOD DANCING AT THE COP EXIT BECAUSE HE'S BEEN NERFED BEYOND BELIEF..

#PEOPLELIKEYOU #NOOBS...MORE CHANGES INCOMING...WE ARE LOOKING TO BRING THIS GAME BACK TO WHAT IT ONCE WAS...A TRUE SURVIVAL HORROR GAME

7 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Anyone who uses the phrase "GIT GUD" in anything other than a joking or ironic manner is a giant, giant dildo.

Nothing wrong with dildos,  those are fun. 

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

YOU PREFER PLAYING AS A COUNSELOR...BECAUSE PLAYING AS JASON HAS SUCKED FOR MONTHS NOW...THIS IS A VERY MINOR UPDATE...GONE TOO FAR...YOU ARE LUCKY HE'S NOT FULLY REVERTED TO DAY 1 CODE...YOU NOOBS AND

CASUALS NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY THE GAME PROPERLY AS A COUNSELOR..HE STILL HAS BROKEN TRAPS...HIT DETECTION...NERFED SLASH RANGE...THIS IS A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION...TRUST ME..IT'S STILL CATERED TO COUNSELORS...I BEAT UP AND TEABAG JASON EVERY

GAME...IT'S NOT FUN OR SCARY ANYMORE...IT'S BORING...YOU COUNSELORS THINK YOU ARE GOOD DANCING AT THE COP EXIT BECAUSE HE'S BEEN NERFED BEYOND BELIEF..

#PEOPLELIKEYOU #NOOBS...MORE CHANGES INCOMING...WE ARE LOOKING TO BRING THIS GAME BACK TO WHAT IT ONCE WAS...A TRUE SURVIVAL HORROR GAME

Welp, not making a point if you yell things at them and calling them noobs, yes, we suffered a horrible nerf for Jason but go full caps and telling them to get good is not really helpful either.

People should hold off on shitting all over the new patch until it is actually implemented. It might not be as bad as some of you are expecting.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Shaild said:

Welp, not making a point if you yell things at them and calling them noobs, yes, we suffered a horrible nerf for Jason but go full caps and telling them to get good is not really helpful either.

Bro...relax with the caps...it's no big deal...not yelling at anyone...these casuals have ruined the game...I play on a PS4 PRO and an XBOX ONE X...only get like 4 people or 5 tops on XBOX...I truly believe this is like this because the game has lacked skill and the strategy

has been gone ever since they nerfed the windows with the invisible force field and the window animation...no more splash damage done to counselors due to broken glass falling on them...it's people like that that aren't going to stick around anyway...his fun is to teabag

Jason game after game..we don't need those trolls..he's the same guy that would quit out in a heartbeat if the game selected him as Jason...This game needs to be scary again...A lot more needs to be done...This will restore the player base..a lot of people have left the

game because of these horrendous nerfs...Everything I am saying is 100% truth...I've been killed playing as Jason on my host..on day 1 code with a good team working together...people need to network together..it's way too easy to survive and escape now as a counselor..Bottom line...

Just now, Tom said:

Bro...relax with the caps...it's no big deal...not yelling at anyone...these casuals have ruined the game...I play on a PS4 PRO and an XBOX ONE X...only get like 4 people or 5 tops on XBOX...I truly believe this is like this because the game has lacked skill and the strategy

has been gone ever since they nerfed the windows with the invisible force field and the window animation...no more splash damage done to counselors due to broken glass falling on them...it's people like that that aren't going to stick around anyway...his fun is to teabag

Jason game after game..we don't need those trolls..he's the same guy that would quit out in a heartbeat if the game selected him as Jason...This game needs to be scary again...A lot more needs to be done...This will restore the player base..a lot of people have left the

game because of these horrendous nerfs...Everything I am saying is 100% truth...I've been killed playing as Jason on my host..on day 1 code with a good team working together...people need to network together..it's way too easy to survive and escape now as a counselor..Bottom line...

Sorry, didn't want to sound rude or anything, like, yeah i agree that the casuals complained a lot  bc they died a lot (something normal) and they ruined what we had making Jason a joke (what we have), never said anything against the casuals that won't stick with the game, as fast as they can go out, the better (the toxic ones, i'm ok with people that enjoys the game from time to time).

1 minute ago, Shaild said:

Sorry, didn't want to sound rude or anything, like, yeah i agree that the casuals complained a lot  bc they died a lot (something normal) and they ruined what we had making Jason a joke (what we have), never said anything against the casuals that won't stick with the game, as fast as they can go out, the better (the toxic ones, i'm ok with people that enjoys the game from time to time).

Right on?????

Less pocket knives and weapons? Now you're speaking my language. This patch won't necessarily "make Jason scary again" but hopefully counselors treat him as a threat and with respect and not a punching bag.

@ShiftySamurai have the shotguns been reduced as well? Running with three other counselors with shotguns was pretty insane.

people probably wouldn't have such hard feelings about stuff, if the devs or their spokesperson, i dunno didnt go silent for weeks/months after they put a patch out.

Or maybe if they would actually patch bugs out, Jarvis match has been broken to hell since it was released. 

Hopefully this new build of the game fixes more stuff than it breaks this time, but i wont hold my breath

1 hour ago, Hell Toupee said:

I'm sorry if this has been stated already, but I don't really want to go through 10 pages of posts. @ShiftySamurai or anyone else who may know, can we expect this at 9 pm PST tonight?

I've asked the question already on the twitter feed...I was hoping 12am on the dot EST...they told me between 12-2 pm on wed day EST...not happening tonight...unfortunately

16 minutes ago, Tom said:

I've asked the question already on the twitter feed...I was hoping 12am on the dot EST...they told me between 12-2 pm on wed day EST...not happening tonight...unfortunately

Well, balls. At any rate, thanks for the answer!

22 minutes ago, Tom said:

That's weird, considering the patch itself comes out tomorrow. O.o

I used the pocket knife  to disarm Jason traps especial when Jason uses all his traps in an entire  spot.Less pocket knifes simple means others will horde them up.When I am Jason I simple didn't care how many pocket knives I got to the neck , simple because once the counselor has used the knife I have a trap down.I chase them down without mercy.Jason is a beast oh little a pocket knife compare to his weapon which massive. 

7 hours ago, ShadowStalkerV said:

Nice to know people on the forum are friendly ?

We definitely bite here...

I do agree though that "vistors" sounded intriguing. Why leave it plural if it's a mistake?

5 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Depends who you are and which end you’re on....

A real bad bitch doesn't care which end you're on

tenor.gif

• Haha 3

These changes, along with the tweaks being done to Jason himself, are exactly what the game needed. I am beyond thrilled to hear that pretty much every complaint that I've had (except the windows - for the love of god PLEASE go back to the way the windows worked when the game first released, the new "invisible force field around the outside of the window" thing that happens as a counselor climbs in is clunky, bizarre and unrealistic) has been answered.

Well done, Friday team.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sogreth said:

Wrong. This is a multiplayer game, and they need to keep BALANCE in mind.

If people want a super OP Jason that can 8/8 every game, then play bots. Or maybe when the Devs work on more single player content, you can have your broken Jason there. But if they want people to keep coming back to their game, they will want to keep balance between Jason and Counselor. 

1 vs 7. If that's not balanced enough for you, go play something else. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

A real bad bitch doesn't care which end you're on

As the old saying goes:

A real bad bitch will lose faith in the man that lets that rubber go in his can. 

Was that from Shakespeare or the Bible?