ShiftySamurai

Counselor Safety Briefing - 1/29/18

Ok I thought maybe one of each item gone but this reduction is absurd, you've gone to far one way now, especially with a faster Jason and better grab, this will not be fun for someone like me who prefers counselor play

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mmoises1213 said:

Thank you for going back to killing all counselors and making it impossible to escape and fight back. Love it!

GIT

GUD

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dandan10 said:

Ok I thought maybe one of each item gone but this reduction is absurd, you've gone to far one way now, especially with a faster Jason and better grab, this will not be fun for someone like me who prefers counselor play

That's but a fraction of the Jason experience. 

Sucks don't it?

Consider that each time a counselor metagame'd Jason's hitbox and stood around taunting has led to your gameplay becoming difficult and more stressful.

This is what ego and arrogance bring.

Hopefully, this makes you feel better about the situation.

;}

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JayDoesGames said:

I hope it does. We need pocket knives.

“We need pocket knives” No. We dont.  Some people are actually good enough to the point where we don’t need pocket knives cause we can run Jason around the map.  Pocket knives need to be rare to find again. It makes zero sense to have almost every counselor have 2-3 pocket knives.  I want the feeling of relief when I find a pocket knife like I had when the game first came out.

11 minutes ago, Dandan10 said:

You mean easy mode counselor play.

I do not prefer being a counselor and was doing just fine as one when Jason was more OP than he will be tmrw. Unless you quit playing in light of the update, you'll be just fine. Just add a dash more thought and effort.

I don't think there is a problem with at having at least 3 knives per map plus Tommy having a knife any more then 4 total per game is kinda crazy, I don't feel there are to many wrenches i do feel that Jason's mask is way to easy to knock off with sometime just one slice by Tommy way to quick his mask should be harder to get off. I have been doing well with Jason with how things are now usually get all kills either way. 

...so many updates!

#1: I'm pumped to be getting Roy and a Pinehurst map, obviously.

#2: The Jason buffs are ok, but I didn't see anything in there that would affect the game too much.

#3. The changes to the counselors are ok, but again, I didn't see anything that would affect the game too much.

You put #2 & #3 together, though...

I think the main thing to remember about this is that we're talking about a game where potentially 8 people play at once. If Jason is too strong, then we have potentially 7 people not having fun. I have seen people on here saying that Jason needs to be accurate to the films and be an unstoppable beast and no counselors should survive. Well, that's not movie accurate. Someone always survives the movies and they implement all kinds of tactics to stun Jason and get away...because you need tension and suspense in horror movies.

That being said, the counselor survival rate shouldn't be 50% or higher as often as it is. To blame it solely on Jason nerfs and counselor buffs just isn't fair, though. Sometimes a Jason player is just really bad. I've seen them just walk around with no apparent strategy plenty of times. I think the combo of changes they're going to implement is just enough to sway things a little more back to Jason's favor, but it's not going to cripple the counselors.

The biggest nerf to the counselors is, and likely will always be, the people playing as counselors that don't use a microphone. I play on Xbox and the amount of people that don't use microphones is insane considering this is a co-op game and MICROPHONES COME WITH THE SYSTEM. There's literally no excuse for it.

I guess this was just a long winded way of saying I don't really have a strong opinion one way or the other about these changes. I don't see it dramatically changing anything one way or the other. I think a vocal minority of players on both sides (Jason and counselors) just seem to want an easy mode and not have to work for their victories and XP.

• Like 2

Please tell me you guys are going to get rid of that god forsaken invisible bubble that protects consolers when they go through windows. That was such dumb addition. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Crispen_Glover said:

Please tell me you guys are going to get rid of that god forsaken invisible bubble that protects consolers when they go through windows. That was such dumb addition. 

100% agreed...Never understood why the window mechanics were changed to begin with.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Annajim528 said:

Since y’all are taking stuff away from counselors you should give us a new way to escape .. for example assembling bikes and escaping that way would be cool .. since they are there anyway .. but bottom line to this game is .. you either suck or you don’t .. to much whining going on 

Use the bikes and yell to the others: You are all doomed!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tjohnnyblue said:

100% agreed...Never understood why the window mechanics were changed to begin with.

or even if they don't get rid of it at least make it impossible for consolers to hit Jason from a closed door to make it even...

I wish the windows would be fixed for PS4. When one person enters a window you can’t stand close to the window. Regardless of if you are jason or another counselor. It glitches the player backwards where you are either hung or pushed away and if you’re running from Jason he can catch you, or if you’re playing as Jason you can’t grab or swing at the windows 

Okay, here is an idea I think it will make Jason players, counsellor players, and Gun Media devs  happy:  

Make it so that the players can adjust Jason difficulty and item spawn quantities.  How it will work: whoever has control of the room can change:

Jason's speed: 0%, +5%, +10%, +15%, +20%

Jason's damage: 0%, +5%, +10%, +15%, +20%

Jason's stun resistance: 0%, +5%, +10%, +15%, +20%

Jason's scan radious: 0%, +5%, +10%, +15%, +20%

Pocket knife max spawn: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

Baseball bat max spawn: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

Etc, the list goes on for the rest of the items.

If the player does not like the rules in the room they can ask the room host for a change, or can opt to go into a different room, or start her/his own room and invite people in.  

Developers should not spend time  fixing piddly disputes between counselors and Jason players.  Devs should be spending their time fixing bugs and adding content.

More good news. Jason is being buffed and the counselors are being de-buffed. That's the way it should be.

Now just fix the chain stunning of Jason and all will be right with the world.

5 hours ago, JayDoesGames said:

Well judging by the reponse elsewere to these new changes, I'd say that taking the fun away from counselor players is a sure fire way to kill the game off faster. Congrats.

?THE GAME SHOULDN'T HAVE EVER CHANGED FROM THE DAY 1 CODE PERIOD...YOU CRYBABIES AND CASUALS AND NOOBS HAVE BEEN SPOILED FOR MONTHS ON END...BEGGING THEM TO MAKE JASON EASIER BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW

HOW TO WORK TOGETHER AS A TEAM..AS YOU SHOULD...WHAT'S SO FUN ABOUT TEABAGGING AND BEATING THE SNOT OUT OF JASON..ROUND AFTER ROUND...5 COUNSELORS SITTING AND DANCING AT THE COP EXIT..ALL WITH

FIRECRACKERS...POCKET KNIVES AND SPRAYS...IT GETS BORING..THIS IS WHAT'S KILLING THE GAME...THEY SUCKED THE SKILL AND STRATEGY OUT OF THE GAME...THIS UPDATE IS VERY MINOR...PEOPLE WERE QUITTING OUT IN DROVES...3 IN A ROW WHEN

THEY WERE SELECTED AS JASON...MOST PEOPLE HAVE COUNSELOR AS A PREFERENCE BECAUSE IT TAKES NO SKILL..WE STILL NEED A FULL REVERT...HIS TRAPS...SLASH RANGE AND HIT DETECTION ARE HORRENDOUS...HOPEFULLY THIS WILL

HELP...I'VE BEEN KILLED ON MY HOST..PLAYING AS JASON..ON DAY 1 CODE...BEFORE THE NOOB FRIENDLY WINDOWS..BROKEN GRAB ECT...YOU CASUALS NEED TO START WORKING WITH YOUR TEAM..OR BEAT IT...WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE

ANYWAY...LEARN HOW TO PLAY AS A COUNSELOR PROPERLY NOW...TRUST ME..A LOT MORE NEEDS TO BE DONE..BUT THIS IS GOING TO DEFINITELY HELP BRING THE GAME BACK TO LIFE...

1 hour ago, Sogreth said:

I mean, the same could be said to Jason players.

It's 7 vs 1. When the 1 is not only out numbered but has his attack hit box bugged, grab cone bugged, gets his ability to interact or attack glitched out, and eats 7 pocket knives whenever he DOES get a non hand through their face but still misses grab, it's not a matter of "Lulz Jason, Git Gud".

Having the "One" be outnumbered and his mechanics outright broken while the 7 are Over powered with functioning mechanics who proceed to troll and bully the one because they KNOW how broken and underpowered he is, using the "Lulz git gud" argument there is incredibly stupid.

Tomorrows patch will simply even the playing field. Good Counselors will still prevail. Jason players won't be easily trolled anymore and the only affected group will be shitty counselors who masquered as good counselors due to how easy mode it was for counselors last patch.

They're the ones who need to "Git Gud" or go home.

And this is coming from a Counselor main, not a Jason main :P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Sogreth said:

Wrong. This is a multiplayer game, and they need to keep BALANCE in mind.

If people want a super OP Jason that can 8/8 every game, then play bots. Or maybe when the Devs work on more single player content, you can have your broken Jason there. But if they want people to keep coming back to their game, they will want to keep balance between Jason and Counselor. 

You should give us some examples of balance, because right now there's none and maybe you have some better ideas (some folks in the forums have some super good ideas for a good balance), i encourage you to share some ideas if you have them. By the way, i can sense someone coming but i want to be the one, first timer here, you should go to the Introduce Yourself section and make a post, is the rules :ph34r:

While I'm enthused about Jason becoming a menace I can't help but think that this update might lean unfairly towards Jason.  Don't get me wrong, there s way too many pocket knifes and Jason needs to be buffed but as someone who primarily plays Deborah my biggest concern is going to be the traps. With less pocket knifes on the map counselors will want to keep them (especially if the reworked grab benefits Jason) and so traps are going to become more of a deterrent.  Sure you can trigger the trap but with less med sprays that s quite a risk and with the buffs Jason is receiving, triggering a trap is going to be a real no-no. I have a feeling lobbies with randoms are going to become a real pain.

With that being said this could also be a very good thing.  Maybe players are going to have to play there counselors to there strengths a lot more and teamwork is going to be really critical in trying to even get a few people out alive.  Only time will tell.  Look forward to dying again :D

1 hour ago, Sogreth said:

I mean, the same could be said to Jason players.

The same has been said to Jason players since October when the game became Friday the 13th the game bloody Jason piñata edition!