Jump to content
ShiftySamurai

Counselor Safety Briefing - 1/29/18

Recommended Posts

Not sure how nerfing Sprays and Weapons was the way to go...

Knives, yes. There were too many. But now Medic is going to be a MUST perk, more than it already is now. It'll be worse then pre-nerf Thick Skin.

And with the buffs to Jason, it just seems like a HUGE nerf to slow Counselors, while being a minor hindrance on faster ones (Chad and Vanessa).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SHODANFreeman said:

embiggened

My new favorite word.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sogreth said:

Not sure how nerfing Sprays and Weapons was the way to go...

Knives, yes. There were too many. But now Medic is going to be a MUST perk, more than it already is now. It'll be worse then pre-nerf Thick Skin.

And with the buffs to Jason, it just seems like a HUGE nerf to slow Counselors, while being a minor hindrance on faster ones (Chad and Vanessa).

The problem is that people used Medic even with the high amount of med sprays available. In terms of usefulness, Medic is a contender for best perk in the game; you esseentially get four inventory slots worth of items instead of threee just by equipping the perk.

Also, counselor nerfs are welcome at this point. The people who play slower counselors will know how to adapt, and honestly I don't think Jason will receive a huge speed boost. More than likely the slowest counselors (Jenny as well as Eric) will still be able to outjog even a running Jason.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

My new favorite word.

I think you'll find that it's a perfectly cromulent word.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sogreth said:

Not sure how nerfing Sprays and Weapons was the way to go...

Knives, yes. There were too many. But now Medic is going to be a MUST perk, more than it already is now. It'll be worse then pre-nerf Thick Skin.

And with the buffs to Jason, it just seems like a HUGE nerf to slow Counselors, while being a minor hindrance on faster ones (Chad and Vanessa).

The faster ones tend to have lower intelligence, so they’re going to have to rely on those slower, higher intelligence characters and with the lack of weapons they’re going to need to be a little more mindful of their weapon breaking. It should force more team play within the game. If not, well then, no survivors. 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really looking forward to see how this update will change the tide of matches.. Though i'm still praying this update will hold the right fixes for Jenny's neck and other visual bugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what it’s going to feel like to die as a counselor again. I can’t wait to have our game back.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Toddarino said:

I wonder what it’s going to feel like to die as a counselor again. I can’t wait to have our game back.

No kidding. I really hope that sense of dread returns. I love this line though “can’t wait to have our game back”. That’s just, spot on man. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You just know these changes at camp took place due to some overzealous lawsuits...

 

(love the direction you guys are headed with the next patch!) :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, silencedeffect said:

Really looking forward to see how this update will change the tide of matches.. Though i'm still praying this update will hold the right fixes for Jenny's neck and other visual bugs.

Lol what’s wrong with Jenny’s neck?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to hear...definitely a step in the right direction...I must have been hit with over 15 pocket knives last night...I mean everyone had multiples...plus multiple heal sprays...keep up the good

work...now just revert the traps and the windows...and we'll be back to a very thrilling adrenaline addictive fueled game again!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Riot stick decrease! Oh noes, what will @Riot_Dame do!? 

 

Find em' all as usual with her OP personal luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So basically you guys just nerfed the hell outta counselors to the point where we can’t do anything. Niceeee guess I’m switching to last year a game that’s gonna be more balanced than this will be

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The medspray nerf really wasn't necessary... Now you have to equip thick skinned and 2x medic perk to survive the part 6 throwing knife maniac. Jarvis house already lack medsprays.

Also sort of mixed about nerfing the amount of weapons. It depends just how many weapons have been removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Sogreth said:

Not sure how nerfing Sprays and Weapons was the way to go...

Knives, yes. There were too many. But now Medic is going to be a MUST perk, more than it already is now. It'll be worse then pre-nerf Thick Skin.

And with the buffs to Jason, it just seems like a HUGE nerf to slow Counselors, while being a minor hindrance on faster ones (Chad and Vanessa).

It'll be fine...Teamwork is essential...this update is still nowhere near day 1 code...it needs to be reverted completely to make the game scary again...I guess we will see how this update plays

out...it's way to easy as a counselor now...I was hit with 15 pocket knives last night...besides the broken grab...LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very happy about this! Thank you :) Faster Jason, new map, Roy, more throwing knives, less pocket knives and med sprays...I haven't played in a while but I'm excited to get back to it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Brandon Brenlla said:

So basically you guys just nerfed the hell outta counselors to the point where we can’t do anything. Niceeee guess I’m switching to last year a game that’s gonna be more balanced than this will be

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

3 minutes ago, Kalist said:

The medspray nerf really wasn't necessary... Now you have to equip thick skinned and 2x medic perk to survive the part 6 throwing knife maniac. Jarvis house already lack medsprays.

Yeah it was. Now those perks will actually mean something and you have to decide whether you want to equip with that or go with another perk. This will make the game more fun and varied...trust me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

The problem is that people used Medic even with the high amount of med sprays available. In terms of usefulness, Medic is a contender for best perk in the game; you esseentially get four inventory slots worth of items instead of threee just by equipping the perk.

Also, counselor nerfs are welcome at this point. The people who play slower counselors will know how to adapt, and honestly I don't think Jason will receive a huge speed boost. More than likely the slowest counselors (Jenny as well as Eric) will still be able to outjog even a running Jason.

Where do you get this info from? Jenny, Eric (and Mitch), with their 3 Speed can only out jog NON-running Jasons.

Counselors need a speed score of 6 or higher to out jog Running Jasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brandon Brenlla said:

So basically you guys just nerfed the hell outta counselors to the point where we can’t do anything. Niceeee guess I’m switching to last year a game that’s gonna be more balanced than this will be

Jason's looks to back where he should be, able to compete against a team of counselors. If you think a well coordinated team can't do anything, you need more common sense. If you expect to be able to lonewolf your way to victory every time, nope. Jason should be able to take out a majority most times if the game is balanced. 

But if you're switching games, I'll just say "Bye, Felicia" and move on. 

8 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Find em' all as usual with her OP personal luck.

 

tenlikesplus.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Good morning, counselors.

We have received multiple reports that many of you are bringing more pocket knives than could possibly be necessary to camp. In addition to pocket knives, there is an abundance of sharp-edged and blunt instruments that can be used as weaponry.

The following changes will be made to acceptable behavior when we next open the camp:

  • Pocket knives will be far less available throughout the camp, though special visitors will still be allowed to bring a personal pocket knife.
  • We have limited access to some pieces of hardware that can be used as weaponry, including an abundance of machetes and wrenches, that have later been found left around the camp. – These items will still be at the camp, but there will be less available.

Special note: Due to the abandonment of expensive medical inventory – Med Sprays - all over the grounds, we have been forced to reduce the amount available.

Please remember to do your part to eliminate the wasting of expensive and necessary camp supplies.

Are you going to change the amount of shotguns? It feels like a war zone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brandon Brenlla said:

So basically you guys just nerfed the hell outta counselors to the point where we can’t do anything. Niceeee guess I’m switching to last year a game that’s gonna be more balanced than this will be

Good luck on last year...it won't be out for 2 more years...lol...this little update isn't even close to the day 1 code that was awesome...learn to play #gitgud is what you people need to do...no more

 

catering to #noobs and #casuals more changes to come...hopefully reverting traps and windows...try working with your team...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×