ShiftySamurai

Counselor Safety Briefing - 1/29/18

This is nice and all, but how about next time you just fix everything that's already broken? It was very annoying constantly getting stuck in cars or running around the map with half your body under the map Etc. I love new things but they just add more trouble when you don't fix the old things.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lisa Pevc said:

This is nice and all, but how about next time you just fix everything that's already broken? It was very annoying constantly getting stuck in cars or running around the map with half your body under the map Etc. I love new things but they just add more trouble when you don't fix the old things.

I second this! They need to release a patch consisting ONLY of bug fixes and no new content. The bug list is already too big and content, such as new maps, just makes it bigger.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lisa Pevc said:

I rarely have those problems, but they're always working on fixing stuff like that.  Software development isn't a zero sum game.  They work on many things at once that have no relation or impact on each other.

4 minutes ago, scorpio said:

As a Jason player (preference) I am very happy with the news that there will be less health spray/pocket knifes in play. The less machetes/less wrenches doesn't matter to me much, the most hassle I get from counselors weapons wise seems to be an abundance of Baseball Bats and Shotguns. 

As for the other balances to the Jasons, I'm happy with the speed increase, how happy will depend on just how much of an increase they give him, ideally I should be able to catch up to counselors that keep running in a straight line. The only thing majorly missing which I hope gets addressed in the next patch is a fix to hitboxes for Jasons melee attack, it's terrible, especially with Savini Jason. Counselors can be standing literally right in front of me not moving and yet Savini Jason can somehow completely miss multiple times with the slash animation, something that happens similarly, but less frequently, with the other Jasons too! 

Two other things I'd LOVE to see implemented in future patches = 1) Bring back the window mechanics to how they were at the start, where we didn't have an animation and we could actually hit counselors going thru them as Jason. 2) Make it so the dance emotes have a timer they are forced to run down once activated. What I mean is, have it so that if someone activates it and starts dancing, that emotes run cycle (lets say 5 seconds) has to complete before they can move again. This would force players to be more careful where they were doing the emotes, and would stop trolling, especially near exits. If people then were to troll, jokes on them, coz Jason would just teleport to them and grab them before they could stop dancing. The constant dancing/trolling has really turned this game toxic - this could be a potential cure - in this scenario people could still do the dance emotes etc but at their own risk, meaning they'd more use them inside and not to troll Jason near exits, etc! 

I honestly think grab and pocket knife need a rework...  like maybe grab can only kill once a counselor has reached low health otherwise the jason stabs counselor then throws counselor on ground  and pocket knives could prevent that damage. Grab could be on a 30 second cool down. So it' not just a spam for Insta kill mechanic And so the game can be more reliant on the combat system. The combat could be more on blocking jason at the moment ut his for an auto parry animation this makes it more skill based and make it auto so you can' just run once you parry him for a free Stun or game messes up etc. And make block not just sit there it' either parry or get hit

1 minute ago, Raisinlord74 said:

I honestly think grab and pocket knife need a rework...  like maybe grab can only kill once a counselor has reached low health otherwise the jason stabs counselor then throws counselor on ground  and pocket knives could prevent that damage. Grab could be on a 30 second cool down. So it' not just a spam for Insta kill mechanic And so the game can be more reliant on the combat system. The combat could be more on blocking jason at the moment ut his for an auto parry animation this makes it more skill based and make it auto so you can' just run once you parry him for a free Stun or game messes up etc. And make block not just sit there it' either parry or get hit

Jason isn't supposed to be someone you can go toe to toe with.  That's the reason they're making him harder.  If he gets near you, you should, in most cases, die.

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

....Dude, Shifty just stated plainly that Tommy is the special visitor.

Don't turn the obvious forum satire into a tinfoil hat conspiracy.

Nice to know people on the forum are friendly 😒

I think a key problem with the pocket knives is that counselors were given the ability to burn a pocket knife to undo one of Jasons traps, but nearly all counselors I know of just run into it and then use a health spray, especially those that have the Health Spray Perk - which thanks to the Epic Perk event, most have the Epic Perk for bonus health Sprays. Maybe (just spit balling here) they should make it so Jason traps instant kill you, making them more dangerous and then forcing players to actually HAVE to burn the pocket knives on the traps in order to escape! Either that or give each Jason 2 more traps!? - Just thinking of ways to encourage players to burn their pocket knives on the traps, instead of just hoarding them for instant saves from Jasons grab! 

4 minutes ago, SHODANFreeman said:

Jason isn't supposed to be someone you can go toe to toe with.  That's the reason they're making him harder.  If he gets near you, you should, in most cases, die.

Exactly!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ShadowStalkerV said:

Nice to know people on the forum are friendly 😒

Sorry about being blunt, but it sucks seeing conspiracy threads pop when the truth was already posted, so I wanted to nip that in the bud before it sprouted.

I noticed you're a newcomer, welcome to the forums. Have you created an introduction thread yet in the intro section?

1 minute ago, Trident77 said:

Sorry about being blunt, but it sucks seeing conspiracy threads pop when the truth was already posted, so I wanted to nip that in the bud before it sprouted.

I noticed you're a newcomer, welcome to the forums. Have you created an introduction thread yet in the intro section?

No, did not know I had to. 

44 minutes ago, JayDoesGames said:

Well judging by the reponse elsewere to these new changes, I'd say that taking the fun away from counselor players is a sure fire way to kill the game off faster. Congrats.

No it won’t. Those complaining weren’t going to stick around any way. This is what the true F13 fan wanted. They wanted a tough night at Crystal Lake. These changes will save the game, not the opposite. The real fans are finally being listened to. Making it tough to survive as a counselor IS THE FUN. It’s akin to a game like Dark Souls, the challenge leads to a far more euphoric feeling when overcome. Same here. Surviving against cinemas most prolific killer is a true achievement. At least it used to be and hopefully will be again. Sorry, to those who don’t like that idea, well, buzz off. This games community doesn’t need nor want you around. 

• Like 19

5 minutes ago, SHODANFreeman said:

Not saying you should not just saying that if he grabs someone it's bull how within .5 of a second he can go invincible in a cutscenes around 6 other people which is kinda bad and I didn't say how much damage the grab could do it could do 75 percent of a counselors health so one hit after a grab could kill I just want the combat system to actually be useful it's in the game but it's useless.

2 minutes ago, ShadowStalkerV said:

No, did not know I had to. 

Well, it's nice to know a bit about anyone who's new, so you should consider it.

43 minutes ago, JayDoesGames said:

Well judging by the reponse elsewere to these new changes, I'd say that taking the fun away from counselor players is a sure fire way to kill the game off faster. Congrats.

If "fun" for counselors is teabagging Jason and beating him up, then yeah, we can lose those guys. The game as intended is supposed to be scary for counselors, not a dance party. If you want to be a superhero, maybe you should find another game more suitable to your interests.

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, John Wick said:

No it won’t. Those complaining weren’t going to stick around any way. This is what the true F13 fan wanted. They wanted a tough night at Crystal Lake. These changes will save the game, not the opposite. The real fans are finally being listened to. 

I love playing a game for 5 minutes then having to wait for another 10 f13 the game... outdated graphics. Outdated gameplay... outdated year

2 minutes ago, Raisinlord74 said:

Not saying you should not just saying that if he grabs someone it's bull how within .5 of a second he can go invincible in a cutscenes around 6 other people which is kinda bad and I didn't say how much damage the grab could do it could do 75 percent of a counselors health so one hit after a grab could kill I just want the combat system to actually be useful it's in the game but it's useless.

No, Jason can take enough damage and abuse from scrawny little counselors as it is. Absolutely no changes are needed to improve the combat on the counselors side. Don’t get grabbed. Problem solved.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Raisinlord74 said:

The most I'd be willing to concede is that grab kills could maybe be interruptible even once the animation starts, as long as Jason hasn't actually killed them yet, but only if you land a stun, and it should probably auto-break your weapon.

Just now, Raisinlord74 said:

I love playing a game for 5 minutes then having to wait for another 10 f13 the game... outdated graphics. Outdated gameplay... outdated year

No one cares bud. Like I said, you aren’t needed. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, SHODANFreeman said:

The most I'd be willing to concede is that grab kills could maybe be interruptible even once the animation starts, as long as Jason hasn't actually killed them yet, but only if you land a stun, and it should probably auto-break your weapon.

I'm trying to make it easier for the devs not harder.. wouldn't an actual game to expect more of them then they can do touching uninterruptible animation is a bigger problem than usual for devs heck adding emotes took 4 months

The changes I especially like are the reduction to the wrenches as well as machetes.

Both of those weapons are among some of the best. Since high stun isn't a good choice for damage weapons (stunning Jason does little-to-no damage), machetes are more useful than axes. The wrench is a staple with its high stun/durability. And because we now know thanks to the updated weapon list that several stun weapons are crappier than thought before (pan, pot, stick), that means the list of dependable stun weapons is low.

Yeah, the reduction to items is nice, but that's merely returning the game to the state it was before. Now that fighting Jason is going to be more difficult, I have a feeling that people are going to switch their preferences once again...