ShiftySamurai

Counselor Safety Briefing - 1/29/18

Wow Pinehurst was huge, I didn't even manage to explore half the map in 40 minutes. I'm guessing a "Pinehurst Small" is coming soon? :P

3 hours ago, lightningbolt said:

however, the ability of the councilors to defend themselves has been crippled beyond belief and is IMHO overkill.

not really. I had a hell of a time fighting Jason as Jenny last night and even though I still died, it actually felt exhilarating like it used to.

if you REALLY want to teabag a masked killer, Dead by Daylight is on stage right, friendo. A fun game in its own right that's probably more your bag anyway.

On 1/29/2018 at 1:16 PM, JayDoesGames said:

Well judging by the reponse elsewere to these new changes, I'd say that taking the fun away from counselor players is a sure fire way to kill the game off faster. Congrats.

I totally agree with you on this one. Catering to one side of players really leaves a bad taste behind. I played the new pinehurst and never got anything, no med, no nothing. I can see this game going downhill from here with nothing for counselors to fight back with, no fun, or excitement. This is for jason players now.

On 1/31/2018 at 5:10 AM, Creighton_Duke said:

not really. I had a hell of a time fighting Jason as Jenny last night and even though I still died, it actually felt exhilarating like it used to.

if you REALLY want to teabag a masked killer, Dead by Daylight is on stage right, friendo. A fun game in its own right that's probably more your bag anyway.

No, not really.

On 1/30/2018 at 10:55 PM, Tiffany said:

What is the point of Jason being given traps if it's guaranteed that every counselor can find a pocket knife somewhere and disarm it without alerting him? It would be a moot mechanic.

Also, eating traps is NOT a certain death if you're a calculated player who actually tries. If you coordinate with people or hear/see a group being barraged by Jason, eat a trap and heal and I can almost guarantee he will not teleport to kill you unless he finished the people he's working on. Or wait until he has wasted his morph. Or just eat it, heal and haul ass. He's probably out of traps unless he's playing as Part 2.

How the hell are you suppose to heal now with no fucking med kits or fucking lock picks to stop the traps, at the cars/fusebox?? Are all of you people half brain dead??? Are you all just psychopath's that like to play Jason 24/7 who get off on "killing" , dont even get me started on the 8 year olds that play this game. I will say it again. The game will be dead, no one who likes to play counselor will be playing anymore, and all you die hard Jason psycho's will not have anyone to play with due to this bullshit. ITS A LOSE LOSE in the end regardless. Everything needs a balance, and if its going to be one sided, well, you all know what happens when something isn't balanced, shit goes south quick. So hope ft13 makes a new game where two jasons can go at it, because the way their going, being single sided with the players, wont get this game on ANY top 1 list, let alone have any player base left. One more thing, what's the point of even going into cabins anymore if there's fuck all in the drawers, and dozens of machete's laying around?? What, maps, maps and more maps? Is the cabins pointless now too?? Might as well take the cabins out or put LESS cabins, if all you jason players want to do is kill without any skill now, oh and the walkie talkie with two in a cabin. Oh wait and can't forget about people leaving because they got killed because there's fuck all to defend yourself with, real smart, real fucking smart. You can bet your ass that there will be another game like this out and not so biased, which will actually give a rats ass about ALL it's players. Better yet SELL THE GAME TO ANOTHER TOP COMPANY WHO HAS EXPERIENCE.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LuxxyLuxx said:

How the hell are you suppose to heal now with no fucking med kits or fucking lock picks to stop the traps, at the cars/fusebox?? Are all of you people half brain dead??? Are you all just psychopath's that like to play Jason 24/7 who get off on "killing" , dont even get me started on the 8 year olds that play this game. I will say it again. The game will be dead, no one who likes to play counselor will be playing anymore, and all you die hard Jason psycho's will not have anyone to play with due to this bullshit. ITS A LOSE LOSE in the end regardless. Everything needs a balance, and if its going to be one sided, well, you all know what happens when something isn't balanced, shit goes south quick. So hope ft13 makes a new game where two jasons can go at it, because the way their going, being single sided with the players, wont get this game on ANY top 1 list, let alone have any player base left. One more thing, what's the point of even going into cabins anymore if there's fuck all in the drawers, and dozens of machete's laying around?? What, maps, maps and more maps? Is the cabins pointless now too?? Might as well take the cabins out or put LESS cabins, if all you jason players want to do is kill without any skill now, oh and the walkie talkie with two in a cabin. Oh wait and can't forget about people leaving because they got killed because there's fuck all to defend yourself with, real smart, real fucking smart. You can bet your ass that there will be another game like this out and not so biased, which will actually give a rats ass about ALL it's players. Better yet SELL THE GAME TO ANOTHER TOP COMPANY WHO HAS EXPERIENCE.

I have my preference set to counselor and have not had a problem finding health sprays in any of the rounds I've played. Maybe try looking harder? :D

2 hours ago, LuxxyLuxx said:

Haha, I've never seen a nine year-old get so uppity about eight year-olds ;)

Champ, most of us are playing counselor most games and we're still doing fine. We're having more fun while doing it, even while dying a bit more often. And of course you found jack shit on Pinehurst - it's a big map about which you currently know nothing. Give it time (or don't...seems like you're the sort not to be missed).

23 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

I have my preference set to counselor and have not had a problem finding health sprays in any of the rounds I've played. Maybe try looking harder? :D

I've had a lot of trouble finding hairsprays though :(

4 hours ago, J.J. said:

I've had a lot of trouble finding hairsprays though :(

And where's the corkscrew? You know that fancy corkscrew for the wine bottle?

• Like 1

The new changes are a great improvement and create a funner play experience for both counselors and Jason, at least in my opinion.

On 1/29/2018 at 12:00 PM, ShiftySamurai said:

Good morning, counselors.

We have received multiple reports that many of you are bringing more pocket knives than could possibly be necessary to camp. In addition to pocket knives, there is an abundance of sharp-edged and blunt instruments that can be used as weaponry.

The following changes will be made to acceptable behavior when we next open the camp:

• Pocket knives will be far less available throughout the camp, though special visitors will still be allowed to bring a personal pocket knife.
  • We have limited access to some pieces of hardware that can be used as weaponry, including an abundance of machetes and wrenches, that have later been found left around the camp. – These items will still be at the camp, but there will be less available.

Special note: Due to the abandonment of expensive medical inventory – Med Sprays - all over the grounds, we have been forced to reduce the amount available.

Please remember to do your part to eliminate the wasting of expensive and necessary camp supplies.

I lot of us really appreciate at least getting some news, and so far, everything looks great. Glad they hired you. 

On 2/1/2018 at 9:43 PM, Dr. Lecter said:

Haha, I've never seen a nine year-old get so uppity about eight year-olds ;)

Champ, most of us are playing counselor most games and we're still doing fine. We're having more fun while doing it, even while dying a bit more often. And of course you found jack shit on Pinehurst - it's a big map about which you currently know nothing. Give it time (or don't...seems like you're the sort not to be missed).

The NaCl was strong in his posts!

On 30/01/2018 at 10:29 AM, Sogreth said:

I mean, the same could be said to Jason players.

There's a lot of "good" Jason players out there, that I've seen struggle.

But there's good and then there's using just running Jasons, or Jasons with high shift and/or traps and darts coupled with head punches and choke kills. You know, cheap Jason players. They get the job done, I guess. :unsure:

On 2/1/2018 at 7:33 PM, LuxxyLuxx said:

Are you all just psychopath's that like to play Jason 24/7 who get off on "killing"

YES!!!! :j2::JasonPt3::JasonPt4::JasonPt6::JasonPt7::JasonPt8::JasonPt9::sadchappa: