ShiftySamurai

Counselor Safety Briefing - 1/29/18

Can we have AJ's booty embiggened in her swimsuit now?  This is the important change the game needs, obviously.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

"The camp is not responsible for damage to property or person. Upon discovering that damage or death has occurred, a missing person report will be filed within 90 days, or as soon property and premises have been thoroughly cleaned and bleached, and the doors and windows have been replaced."

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

@ShiftySamurai What about the shotguns, have they been reduced as well? Saw a group of 3 counselors, all with shotguns last night. That's crazy in my opinion.

To be kinda frank, shotguns aren't really THAT huge of a problem. It's possible to miss with them, they have only one shotshell loaded in the chamber each, and if your team isn't hell bent on killing Jason then doing extra damage to him makes his Rage mode activate faster. If shotguns become a problem, it's moreso the counselors in the match are experienced Jason hunters, in which case any high damage weapon would do the trick.

I wouldn't mind see less of them as well, but it's not that gamebreaking to me either if they're not changed. Especialy since Jason is going to be walking/jogging faster, making it easier for Jason to dodge the shotshell pellets.

13 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Good morning, counselors.

We have received multiple reports that many of you are bringing more pocket knives than could possibly be necessary to camp. In addition to pocket knives, there is an abundance of sharp-edged and blunt instruments that can be used as weaponry.

The following changes will be made to acceptable behavior when we next open the camp:

• Pocket knives will be far less available throughout the camp, though special visitors will still be allowed to bring a personal pocket knife.
  • We have limited access to some pieces of hardware that can be used as weaponry, including an abundance of machetes and wrenches, that have later been found left around the camp. – These items will still be at the camp, but there will be less available.

Special note: Due to the abandonment of expensive medical inventory – Med Sprays - all over the grounds, we have been forced to reduce the amount available.

Please remember to do your part to eliminate the wasting of expensive and necessary camp supplies.

Good news! This was something we were all expecting. Does this include the abundance of shotguns, flare guns, and fire crackers as well? The concern would probably be with shotguns more so than the latter. 

Thanks again for the announcement and keeping us up to date. I’m very excited for tomorrow :JasonPt3: 

Well judging by the reponse elsewere to these new changes, I'd say that taking the fun away from counselor players is a sure fire way to kill the game off faster. Congrats.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Sid77 said:

Don't tell me that this part refers to a sort of perk that brings in a pocket knife... If that's the case EVERYBODY will start with a pocket knife, it is so obvious. 

Tommy. Tommy is the special visitor.

• Like 1

Just now, ShiftySamurai said:

Thank you for clarifying. Cheers.

16 minutes ago, Yobo1987 said:

Ouch... 

Let's atleast hope you hade time to fix some bugs and glitches.

They are ruining the gameplay. 

Also the badges don't track achievements or hits. 

bugs have almost no effect... it's the game play that they are fixing is what is messing with everything

i'm glad they are doing something about it but i'm curious about how much less available the pocket knives will be.

Just now, ShadowStalkerV said:

But he could have said “Tommy Jarvis” but instead he says “Special Visitors.” Hmm... kinda peculiar don’t ya think? 

....Dude, Shifty just stated plainly that Tommy is the special visitor.

Don't turn the obvious forum satire into a tinfoil hat conspiracy.

• Like 2

How many pocket knifes? 7 is ridiculous, but less than 3 is ridiculous as well.

4 minutes ago, ShadowStalkerV said:

But he could have said “Tommy Jarvis” but instead he says “Special Visitors.” Hmm... kinda peculiar don’t ya think? 

4 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

He was being creative about it. Don't worry.

In other words, get those Jason kills in tonight before it's difficult again!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

To be kinda frank, shotguns aren't really THAT huge of a problem. It's possible to miss with them, they have only shotshell loaded in the chamber each, and if your team isn't hell bent on killing Jason then doing extra damage to him makes his Rage mode activate faster. If shotguns become a problem, it's moreso the counselors in the match are experienced Jason hunters, in which case any high damage weapon would do the trick.

I wouldn't mind see less of them as well, but it's not that gamebreaking to me either if they're not changed. Especialy since Jason is going to be walking/jogging faster, making it easier for Jason to dodge the shotshell pellets.

Shotguns much like flare guns and firecrackers en masse, as abundant as they are currently, make it far easier for counselor’s to chain stun Jason while starting the car, repairing objectives, completing call to the police. 

Not that any of these things should be infringed upon but due to the excessive amounts of firepower that can chain stun continuously is the real cause of concern. 

@ShiftySamurai

As I sit here listening to Operation: Mindcrime, I read this awesome piece of information!  If the next patch fixes lockup problems (both Jason and counselors) and other prominent bugs, you guys may have gotten me back BIG time!  Keep up the momentum! 

• Like 2

Just now, MyNameisJason said:

Shotguns much like flare guns and firecrackers en masse, as abundant as they are currently, make it far easier for counselor’s to chain stun Jason while starting the car, repairing objectives, completing call to the police. 

Not that any of these things should be infringed upon but due to the excessive amounts of firepower that can chain stun continuously is the real cause of concern. 

I"m lovin' your thoughts on the second amendment. But the main problems (pocket knives, healing sprays) are going to get their teeth kicked in, plus some bug fixes hopefully. As long as all goes well with the patch, the devs can start focusing on other areas later. I personally wouldn't mind see firecrackers being used for another purpose another than just a stun weapon for counselors who are carrrying a heavy objective part in hand.

I think they should just give Jason an instant kill button from anywhere with instant recharge, so all Jason players have to do is press that button 7 times. DO IT.

• Haha 1

I love it. I want to fear Jason as a counselor, not treat him like a chore or hurdle that can be jumped over to win.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JayDoesGames said:

Well judging by the reponse elsewere to these new changes, I'd say that taking the fun away from counselor players is a sure fire way to kill the game off faster. Congrats.

Taking the fun away?  You mean making it so they have a chance to lose?

• Haha 2

Thank God, I'll actually feel like I can play jason  again. I think the next objective you guys need to tackle is  the chain stunning of Jason. 

• Like 1

So among other patches can you please make grab like a special ability cause its impossible to escape and he can spam it, ignoring actually trying to brawl with jasons really powerful machete, you have the baseline for fighting but refuse to expand it, and I would love to see a jason actually use somehing that' not just ur dead the games either cheese games mechanics as you said stun chance or just run in circles for 2 minutes and feel like you did nothing for yourself, other than feel like you did nothing because you had no chance other than stall jason while everyone else runs off what I'm trying to say is make the game fun for both counselor and jason not just oh look I lost the lottery of fun

• Like 1

As a Jason player (preference) I am very happy with the news that there will be less health spray/pocket knifes in play. The less machetes/less wrenches doesn't matter to me much, the most hassle I get from counselors weapons wise seems to be an abundance of Baseball Bats and Shotguns. 

As for the other balances to the Jasons, I'm happy with the speed increase, how happy will depend on just how much of an increase they give him, ideally I should be able to catch up to counselors that keep running in a straight line. The only thing majorly missing which I hope gets addressed in the next patch is a fix to hitboxes for Jasons melee attack, it's terrible, especially with Savini Jason. Counselors can be standing literally right in front of me not moving and yet Savini Jason can somehow completely miss multiple times with the slash animation, something that happens similarly, but less frequently, with the other Jasons too! 

Two other things I'd LOVE to see implemented in future patches = 1) Bring back the window mechanics to how they were at the start, where we didn't have an animation and we could actually hit counselors going thru them as Jason. 2) Make it so the dance emotes have a timer they are forced to run down once activated. What I mean is, have it so that if someone activates it and starts dancing, that emotes run cycle (lets say 5 seconds) has to complete before they can move again. This would force players to be more careful where they were doing the emotes, and would stop trolling, especially near exits. If people then were to troll, jokes on them, coz Jason would just teleport to them and grab them before they could stop dancing. The constant dancing/trolling has really turned this game toxic - this could be a potential cure - in this scenario people could still do the dance emotes etc but at their own risk, meaning they'd more use them inside and not to troll Jason near exits, etc! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

I"m lovin' your thoughts on the second amendment. But the main problems (pocket knives, healing sprays) are going to get their teeth kicked in, plus some bug fixes hopefully. As long as all goes well with the patch, the devs can start focusing on other areas later. I personally wouldn't mind see firecrackers being used for another purpose another than just a stun weapon for counselors who are carrrying a heavy objective part in hand.

You’re right, counselor’s will be hurting with fewer med sprays and pocket knives so shotguns and the like won’t be as much of a headache. But if you have two or three coubselors with a shotgun plus tommy at the car it’s gonna be interesting lol. 

Edit: thanks auto correct