ShiftySamurai

Counselor Safety Briefing - 1/29/18

3 hours ago, Dreofanarchy said:

You obviously aren’t a very skilled counselor if you need pocket knives. This is a good thing, makes it challenging. 

Lawl, everyone needs at least one for the laggy Jasons with force grab 

7 minutes ago, SDA said:

...but she didn't get him down.

So, the only time the prime defensive tool in the game was used in the film series... it didn't do its job.

I actually chuckled.

Actually wasn't it established that the sling trap was set by Paul?

"Damn Paul and his wilderness b*llsh*t".

8 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

Get lost tool! people like you are why the game has sucked the past 3 months, we don’t need casual gamers like you, this is Friday the 13th, try watching a movie, you obviously aren’t a fan.

I wouldn't say Im casual. Ive almost 1k hours in the game. Dont confuse me with the frequent whiners. I actually care about the game being good.

9 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

Looking at all your posts, I would guess you are a Jason troller , and stated playing the game after October , well it  looks like you should go start playing a new game, the devs are reverting to the game they brought us at launch..... don’t let the door hit you on the way out

Actually no. I try to play the game while everyone's beating on Jason.

16 hours ago, Tom said:

👆THE GAME SHOULDN'T HAVE EVER CHANGED FROM THE DAY 1 CODE PERIOD...YOU CRYBABIES AND CASUALS AND NOOBS HAVE BEEN SPOILED FOR MONTHS ON END...BEGGING THEM TO MAKE JASON EASIER BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW

HOW TO WORK TOGETHER AS A TEAM..AS YOU SHOULD...WHAT'S SO FUN ABOUT TEABAGGING AND BEATING THE SNOT OUT OF JASON..ROUND AFTER ROUND...5 COUNSELORS SITTING AND DANCING AT THE COP EXIT..ALL WITH

FIRECRACKERS...POCKET KNIVES AND SPRAYS...IT GETS BORING..THIS IS WHAT'S KILLING THE GAME...THEY SUCKED THE SKILL AND STRATEGY OUT OF THE GAME...THIS UPDATE IS VERY MINOR...PEOPLE WERE QUITTING OUT IN DROVES...3 IN A ROW WHEN

THEY WERE SELECTED AS JASON...MOST PEOPLE HAVE COUNSELOR AS A PREFERENCE BECAUSE IT TAKES NO SKILL..WE STILL NEED A FULL REVERT...HIS TRAPS...SLASH RANGE AND HIT DETECTION ARE HORRENDOUS...HOPEFULLY THIS WILL

HELP...I'VE BEEN KILLED ON MY HOST..PLAYING AS JASON..ON DAY 1 CODE...BEFORE THE NOOB FRIENDLY WINDOWS..BROKEN GRAB ECT...YOU CASUALS NEED TO START WORKING WITH YOUR TEAM..OR BEAT IT...WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE

ANYWAY...LEARN HOW TO PLAY AS A COUNSELOR PROPERLY NOW...TRUST ME..A LOT MORE NEEDS TO BE DONE..BUT THIS IS GOING TO DEFINITELY HELP BRING THE GAME BACK TO LIFE...

Before you start typing in caps like a drama queen you might not wanna assume everyone likes playing the game like that, cause I for one dont. I always try work as a team, but it's kinda hard when everyone's russian and are trolling. That's why I mainly play with friends on public servers now cause we know how to work together. Even now whenever I play Jason I think it's too easy to get 8/8, and only struggle when people group up on you. The counselors don't need nerfs, the devs are trying to balance the game in the wrong ways. For starters fixing Jasons attacking during combat stance will help alot with groups, and stop listening to whiners like you will do the game good.

18 hours ago, xF13Godx said:

“We need pocket knives” No. We dont.  Some people are actually good enough to the point where we don’t need pocket knives cause we can run Jason around the map.  Pocket knives need to be rare to find again. It makes zero sense to have almost every counselor have 2-3 pocket knives.  I want the feeling of relief when I find a pocket knife like I had when the game first came out.

If you see nearly every counselor with 2 or 3 knives you're not playing Friday The 13th. Sorry.

22 hours ago, SHODANFreeman said:

Taking the fun away?  You mean making it so they have a chance to lose?

Things must be different on the EU servers, cause most games everyone dies, or all but 2-3 survive

22 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

If "fun" for counselors is teabagging Jason and beating him up, then yeah, we can lose those guys. The game as intended is supposed to be scary for counselors, not a dance party. If you want to be a superhero, maybe you should find another game more suitable to your interests.

I agree with you there, the stuff with Jason becoming a Pinata isnt fun, which is why the devs need to fix it. Instead of nerfing things across the board they need to think more on Jason buffs that will benefit him in situations. As I mentioned before he needs his attacking fixing when hes using combat stance. Whenever I've gone up against groups this is the issue I run into. If you start slashing they soon run off.

16 minutes ago, J.J. said:

Actually wasn't it established that the sling trap was set by Paul?

"Damn Paul and his wilderness b*llsh*t".

Unsure, I thought in the movie that was a character/audience misdirect, i.e., he'd be VERY concerned about hanging upside down in a trap... if the head counselor wasn't out setting random snares. 

18 hours ago, Tiffany said:

We don't need like 15 of them per map though. The knife balance was fine before they opened the campfire to spawning.

I'm yet to see that many to be honest. I dont have a problem if they nerf the knife spawns, but just dont make them impossible to get, cause I see this time and time again were people die cause they have no knives. If there's 15 this wouldn't be happening. The devs said the break free mechanic is a false sense of security, so if they nerf knives into the group they should alter the break free mechanic.

3 minutes ago, JayDoesGames said:

Things must be different on the EU servers, cause most games everyone dies, or all but 2-3 survive

I see a mixed bag of results when Comes to escapes . What I see far more, is jason getting absolute beaten Senseless by councilors, groups waiting at exits, tea bagging,  hitting jason with multiple weapons just from one cabin eg flare gun then, pick up baseball bat, pick up wrench - a weapon cache for an apocalypse exists currently on these maps.  Grabbing, slashing or knive use is slanted too much in the councilors favour to escape from with an abundance of pocket knives, med sprays - it's piss easy to escape even as an newbie councilor. This is why the Devs are changing it and It's now time for councilors to actually develop some skill to escape. 

1 hour ago, J.J. said:

Well you may as well remove the phone box from this game entirely now as it's essentially useless if pocket knifes are going to be rare as every Jason puts up to 3 traps there and this is just giving them more incentive to do it. Isn't the phone badge hard enough to get already due to the 1 in 8 chance of finding the cell?

Phone-trappers ruin the game. If i'm host and I see a bunch of traps at the phone I ALWAYS leave and let the Jason know why i'm closing the game. If he wants to be unfair i'll be unfair also. 

This might be the most childish comment I've ever read on this site. That's saying something. Hopefully a ban will karma it's way to you and you'll be unable to screw other players over for using a viable tactic.

In other words if the phone is trapped, adapt. Use a car, a boat, remove the traps so you can call. It's not rocket science. 

56 minutes ago, Thor_Bjarnason said:

Muffin's owner is trying to rescue a guy with a pocket knife from a Jason sling trap in Part II. So the poster is not entirely wrong. Not saying he's right about everything else, but yeah, a pk does exist in one of the movies.

I don't get the fuzz. If item spawns are reduced to a pre campsite-armory levels, there is still enough to fix phones, cars and boats. Acting as if trapping objectives is a kind of cheat? Really and honestly? Yeah, I hope players like that quit the game.

I have zero issues with pocketknives. I have big issues with damn near everybody having one or more likely 2+

25 minutes ago, JayDoesGames said:

I agree with you there, the stuff with Jason becoming a Pinata isnt fun, which is why the devs need to fix it. Instead of nerfing things across the board they need to think more on Jason buffs that will benefit him in situations. As I mentioned before he needs his attacking fixing when hes using combat stance. Whenever I've gone up against groups this is the issue I run into. If you start slashing they soon run off.

Nerfing across the board? Reducing gear to reasonable levels isn't a nerf across the board. The gear was intended to be last ditch save your ass for the most part. People trying to fight Jason need to die as often as not. When every Deb, A.J. ,and La Choppa can outfight Jason, there is a problem. 

Jason definitely needs combat stance updated. I agree slashing against fighters often quickly shows them the error of their ways. 

4 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

I have zero issues with pocketknives. I have big issues with damn near everybody having one or more likely 2+

My failure of fuzz-understanding was directed at counselor-hyperboleing. We are definetly on the same page.

I don't have issues with pocket knives either.
I have issues with people exploiting bugs and gangin up on Jason without him being able to defend himself

35 minutes ago, JayDoesGames said:

I'm yet to see that many to be honest. I dont have a problem if they nerf the knife spawns, but just dont make them impossible to get, cause I see this time and time again were people die cause they have no knives. If there's 15 this wouldn't be happening. The devs said the break free mechanic is a false sense of security, so if they nerf knives into the group they should alter the break free mechanic.

People are supposed to die in the game... You shouldn't NEED a knife to survive. 

Also, knives are meant to be a luxury, not everyone should be able to get one. They need to take it back to how it was when there were just three per round (plus the Tommy Jarvis knife, making 4).

• Thanks 1

Here's to this game actually being a horror again 👏🎉👏

23 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

This might be the most childish comment I've ever read on this site. That's saying something. Hopefully a ban will karma it's way to you and you'll be unable to screw other players over for using a viable tactic.. 

Not childish at all. If i'm the host it's MY match and in MY matches phone-trapping is unacceptable and the offending Jason will ruin it for everyone as I will end the game and let him know why. Those are my rules, don't like them then by all means leave MY match.

• Sad 1

Just now, J.J. said:

Not childish at all. If i'm the host it's MY match and in MY matches phone-trapping is unacceptable and the offending Jason will ruin it for everyone as I will end the game and let him know why. Those are my rules, don't like them then by all means leave MY match.

when dedicated servers (soon (tm)) arrive  you will lose your power trip abilities.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, J.J. said:

It's not your match. I'd suggest you drop quickplay and play with like minded people in private games. Or hope people are not bothering to report you left, right and center for dropping games. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, kohagan said:

when dedicated servers (soon (tm)) arrive  you will lose your power trip abilities.

They're not coming dude. Keep dreaming :P

But oh well, I can still use my hosting ability while I can. I probably won't even be playing the game anymore by the time the new millennium hits and the dedicated servers arrive XD

46 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

It's not your match. I'd suggest you drop quickplay and play with like minded people in private games. Or hope people are not bothering to report you left, right and center for dropping games. 

I am HOST therefore it is MY match. Good day to you sir :)

7 minutes ago, J.J. said:

Phone trapping unacceptable? Well Jason players should be able to defend objective points should he not. Why don't you just have a rule for your games where Jason must stay in his shack that way he can't use any of his tools to deter you from escaping. Sorry but your rule is just pathetic, Jason is supposed to use his traps to block and defend the objective points from counselors and counselors are supposed to use what is available to them to counter. If that is too hard for you that you have to implement rules where it blocks the jason player from being able to defend an objective then this game isn't for you.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, J.J. said:

You're a baddie. That's all. 

18 hours ago, Locksheer said:

Look if you want to restore balance.  Stop these little changes that wont matter as the trolling Jason killers are still going to be trolling Jason killers.  To stop the teaming up everyone is complaining about turn team killing back on.  When machetes and axes kill the person Jason is carrying people get very hesitant to attack giving Jason the time he needs to kill with the grabs kills.  

Also if you look back at the time table of complaints no one complained about people teaming up on Jason when team killing happened because getting in a group and attacking was just as likely to get you attacked by another player accidentally.  Though it took a couple months from the change before players realized how it had effected gameplay that is the root of everyones problems.  

The reason friendly fire was taken out of Quick Play is because people were abusing it and completely ruining the experience for others. Instead of using weapons against Jason they were intentionally attacking other counselors. Stealing his kills even. Alot of players actually quit the game entirely because of it. Not to mention people were going way off tangent doing counselor vs counselor brawls, which completely negates the focus of the game.

1 minute ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Phone trapping unacceptable? Well Jason players should be able to defend objective points should he not. Why don't you just have a rule for your games where Jason must stay in his shack that way he can't use any of his tools to deter you from escaping. Sorry but your rule is just pathetic, Jason is supposed to use his traps to block and defend the objective points from counselors and counselors are supposed to use what is available to them to counter. If that is too hard for you that you have to implement rules where it blocks the jason player from being able to defend an objective then this game isn't for you.

Escape points shouldn't be so easily defended. If Jason puts traps by the phone box it's pretty much impossible to phone the cops. It's essentially any easy mode for the Jason's. And with even less pocket knifes they might as well just take the phone box out of the game. If it can't be used what's the point of it being there?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Kannon Blasphemy said:

The reason friendly fire was taken out of Quick Play is because people were abusing it and completely ruining the experience for others. Instead of using weapons against Jason they were intentionally attacking other counselors. Stealing his kills even. Alot of players actually quit the game entirely because of it. Not to mention people were going way off tangent doing counselor vs counselor brawls, which completely negates the focus of the game.

People quitting as a justification for any change has to be considered very carefully.

Many people find a new game when they mentally accept that they will never be top tier in their current.

It doesn't mean weight should be given to it when determining how to balance the game.

There is a grey area there of course.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J.J. said:

Escape points shouldn't be so easily defended. If Jason puts traps by the phone box it's pretty much impossible to phone the cops. It's essentially any easy mode for the Jason's. And with even less pocket knifes they might as well just take the phone box out of the game. If it can't be used what's the point of it being there?

I'm sure there will be enough pocket knives to disarm 2 traps on a phone. If teamwork is used it can be overcome no problem. The sky is not falling here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J.J. said:

Ok first off Jason is supposed to be the dominant one in the match and he should be able to defend the objectives, that being said even with a reduction in pocket knives you can still spawn in with thick skin, medic perk and either have hypochondriac or find a med spray, tank the trap and heal. You don't need pk's to disarm the trap, since the oct patch 99% of counselor players weren't using pk's to disarm traps they were hoarding them to troll jason. There is viable options to counter Jason's traps you either are just to lazy to come up with a counter or you suck and need to implement rules to favor you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1