ShiftySamurai

Counselor Safety Briefing - 1/29/18

6 hours ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

I've seen all the films. I watch them religiously every Friday the 13th it's my tradition. My point is If you're an advanced player you should have no problem killing the majority of the counselors as it is right now. Also i don't survive as a counselor all the time. Sometimes i do and sometimes i don't.  it just depends on the different circumstances in each round. Now these changes have gone in Jason's favor in the extreme. I like the challenge playing as Jason right now if you want to make it easier then maybe your skills as Jason isn't up to par.

It isn’t all about you though. The problem is that EVERYBODY should want to play as Jason. At the moment, virtually NOBODY does. He just isn’t a fun experience for a vast majority of players, and if a vast majority of players find him no fun, then he’s broken. 

4 hours ago, sickassgamer said:

But now how are we supposed to deal with the bear traps Jason places in front of cars and fuse boxes?

TAKE. THE. TRAP. How long have you been playing?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lostosrach said:

Developers listen to Noobs. I'm sad for that. Devs broke my favorite game, they broke all balance.

Dude how can u say that without having actually played the update. That’s  pretty shit bull :)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, JarMa13 said:

i deserve a pocket knife in every round.

i am 100% opposed to less knives and will complain until you bring them back.

This is BULLSHIT

792.jpg

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Sogreth said:

Wrong. This is a multiplayer game, and they need to keep BALANCE in mind.

If people want a super OP Jason that can 8/8 every game, then play bots. Or maybe when the Devs work on more single player content, you can have your broken Jason there. But if they want people to keep coming back to their game, they will want to keep balance between Jason and Counselor. 

I don't think that you understood concept of this game. This is not Counter Strike.

19 hours ago, Sid77 said:

Don't tell me that this part refers to a sort of perk that brings in a pocket knife... If that's the case EVERYBODY will start with a pocket knife, it is so obvious. 

Flew right over your head huh??? RIP

6 minutes ago, HighlifeTHC said:

Dude how can u say that without having actually played the update. That’s  pretty shit bull :)

It's not supposed to be a "balanced" game.....

39 minutes ago, hallowhitch31 said:

Hello F13 community! Been with the game since the Kickstarter and am a lifelong fan of the franchise. First time posting here. 

I'm torn about the update. As someone who has their preference set to Jason, I understand the frustrations w/ the pocket knives, abundance of weapons, and trolls--but I pride myself on being able to take all of that bullshit and still slaughter an entire lobby. There are always going to be skilled counselors who slip through your fingers, and my hat's off to them. I don't enter every game feeling entitled to lay waste to everyone just because I'm Jason Voorhees, I know I have to work for it. And who cares if some little asshole counselor dances on you or teabags you while you're toppled over? When did we get so sensitive? Let your Jason gameplay do the talkin'. 

That said, I am excited to see how these changes affect the experience, but I don't want the scales to tip too far into Jason's favor because I think a somewhat semblance of balance is key here. I just want to enter an era of playing this game where I don't spend 15 minutes trying my damndest to kill the counselors, to only then have some butthurt host kill the lobby. Infuriating. 

Anyway, looking forward to some Part 5 action today! 

Awesome post bro. It's a thrill killing the counselors that troll you. Most of the time i get them then other times i don't. That's part of the fun.You're absolutely right people are too damn sensitive these days, taking things way too personally. We should just enjoy the game and stop bitching that Jason isn't as OP as they would like him to be. Do we really want to see matches where Jason slaughters everyone in 5 minutes or less almost every time. I'm afraid we are going to start seeing alot of these matches end more quickly now. It should take roughly 10 to 15 minutes to kill the counselors in my view. Hopefully the devs will fix this before alot of these new counselor players leave in frustration.

• Like 1

Good! It wasn’t right that over half of the lobby could have two to three knives in a game and they would be able to heal multiple times in a chase. I’m glad that there will less bladed weapons to make killing Jason harder, but I’m not sure how I feel about less non-bladed weapons like wrenches (except bats because they stun Jason easily). Shotguns and flare guns should also be affected so we don’t have three or four counselors running around with them at once.

2 minutes ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

Awesome post bro. It's a thrill killing the counselors that troll you. Most of the time i get them then other times i don't. That's part of the fun.You're absolutely right people are too damn sensitive these days, taking things way too personally. We should just enjoy the game and stop bitching that Jason isn't as OP as they would like him to be. Do we really want to see matches where Jason slaughters everyone in 5 minutes or less almost every time. I'm afraid we are going to start seeing alot of these matches end more quickly now. It should take roughly 10 to 15 minutes to kill the counselors in my view. Hopefully the devs will fix this before alot of these new counselor players leave in frustration.

In my view, it’s better to have Jason kill everyone within 10 minutes and move on to the next match than it is to watch a bunch of dipsticks at the exit for 20. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, disco romance said:

Playing against Jason should be extremely tough, he should feel OP. Playing as Jason should be fun, not frustrating. A little challenge is fine, but Jason shouldn't have trouble killing counselors. Regardless of skill level, you can only do so much against players that hoard pocket knives (which don't even exist in the films, which you should know because you are such a die hard fan.)

LOl actually there is at least one movie that has a pocket knife in it maybe you should go watch them yourself. Once again if you're having a lot of trouble killing counselors then just step your game up.

3 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

In my view, it’s better to have Jason kill everyone within 10 minutes and move on to the next match than it is to watch a bunch of dipsticks at the exit for 20. 

Now THIS I can wholly agree with. Pow-wows at the exit just to troll is wasteful & lame. Also, if you're Tommy and no one else is on the map, and the cops are there... Fucking LEAVE. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HookerBarbie said:

I'm surprised that I'm actually here for this. I tend to keep them for bear traps, but this will make the game more thrilling for sure. Will encourage the ten year olds who play this to stop standing around like they're untouchable and actually go and fight to survive for once. 

Nah, they'll just hide under beds until somebody else calls the police or gets the car going. 

23 minutes ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

LOl actually there is at least one movie that has a pocket knife in it maybe you should go watch them yourself. Once again if you're having a lot of trouble killing counselors then just step your game up.

As a guy who plays a mighty good Jason, why is my bullshit meter going off? My gut check tells me you are lucky to kill half a lobby in quickplay, and wouldn't last a night in private. 

2 minutes ago, Sir Jack said:

Is the update online allready?

I doubt it. Updates usually go live in the afternoon to evening hours EST.

Most of the updates have released between 4-7 p.m. EST.

20 hours ago, BlackWidowofLaPorte said:

"The camp is not responsible for damage to property or person. Upon discovering that damage or death has occurred, a missing person report will be filed within 90 days, or as soon property and premises have been thoroughly cleaned and bleached, and the doors and windows have been replaced."

Ok Phone guy this isn't give nights at freddys XD

Endorse the changes completely, didn't see it addressed in the first ten pages- will items be re-centered (mostly back in drawers) or will there be pre-patch item count spread out over all the terrain?

Do I still have incentive to go to the very northwest corner of the Jarvis map, for example?

Well you may as well remove the phone box from this game entirely now as it's essentially useless if pocket knifes are going to be rare as every Jason puts up to 3 traps there and this is just giving them more incentive to do it. Isn't the phone badge hard enough to get already due to the 1 in 8 chance of finding the cell?

Phone-trappers ruin the game. If i'm host and I see a bunch of traps at the phone I ALWAYS leave and let the Jason know why i'm closing the game. If he wants to be unfair i'll be unfair also. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, J.J. said:

Well you may as well remove the phone box from this game entirely now as it's essentially useless if pocket knifes are going to be rare as every Jason puts up to 3 traps there and this is just giving them more incentive to do it. Isn't the phone badge hard enough to get already due to the 1 in 8 chance of finding the cell?

Phone-trappers ruin the game. If i'm host and I see a bunch of traps at the phone I ALWAYS leave and let the Jason know why i'm closing the game. If he wants to be unfair i'll be unfair also. 

cry_baby_taschentuecher_01.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

[re: pocket knive in movies]

Muffin's owner is trying to rescue a guy with a pocket knife from a Jason sling trap in Part II. So the poster is not entirely wrong. Not saying he's right about everything else, but yeah, a pk does exist in one of the movies.

I don't get the fuzz. If item spawns are reduced to a pre campsite-armory levels, there is still enough to fix phones, cars and boats. Acting as if trapping objectives is a kind of cheat? Really and honestly? Yeah, I hope players like that quit the game.

2 minutes ago, Thor_Bjarnason said:

Muffin's owner is trying to rescue a guy with a pocket knife from a Jason sling trap in Part II. So the poster is not entirely wrong. Not saying he's right about everything else, but yeah, a pk does exist in one of the movies.

...but she didn't get him down.

So, the only time the prime defensive tool in the game was used in the film series... it didn't do its job.

I actually chuckled.