scorpio

Retro Jason / Weekly Challenges/EXP + Tape Drop rates

I know back in August? that when the new website went up it advertised that Retro Jason would be removed for a few months to make some changes (which many assumed meant he would be becoming his own Jason) and there was talk about fixing the intro/outro cutscenes when picking Retro Jason to show Retro Jason, instead of just Part 3 Jason, which as far as I am aware it still shows! 

Is there any update on this? Are there still plans to make Retro Jason his own Jason rather than a skin and will this intro/outro cutscene be eventually changed to show when someone has picked Retro Jason over Part 3 Jason? 

Also, another thing advertised on the 'new website' when it was launched were Weekly community challenges (which I assume would give us bonus EXP upon completion?). Are these still in the works? or have they been dropped at this point? @ShiftySamurai

Again, thanks for any information you can give regarding these things. :) 

On a side note, I'd love for the EXP gained/Tape drop rate to be tweaked a bit. I've found the game to be a lot more enjoyable during the events as there was a higher chance to get a tape, but I have yet to get any tapes outside of the event's. The drop rate, I feel, is way too low and when there are so many tapes, between the Pamela Tapes and now the Jarvis tapes, it just feels unnecessary and unrewarding for the drop rates to be so low. EXP gains are also very low/slow to get outside of the events, but perhaps this is as I play on XB1 so I experience the occasional Dashboard still/a lot of hosts quitting, etc, which makes grinding up levels very slow. Even a slight tweak to EXP gain would be greatly appreciated, tho I feel the Tapes drop rate is what needs the biggest tweaking! Thank you for taking this feedback into consideration! :) 

In regards to Retro Jason:

On 1/26/2018 at 1:28 PM, ShiftySamurai said:

News on Retro Jason? No, we'll be talking about other things shortly, but for now we are focused on what is in the next update.

I got a Tommy tape and a Pamela tape in the same game last night. They are pretty rare though. I know a lot of people have trouble finding them.

46 minutes ago, Truth said:

I got a Tommy tape and a Pamela tape in the same game last night. They are pretty rare though. I know a lot of people have trouble finding them.

I will say that I found substantially more Pamela Tapes when I had set my preference to Counselor Only.  Now that I have it set to No Preference, I'm seeing them with far less frequency.  My guess is the playing as Jason puts a dent in the acquisition rate since he can't obtain them.

I don't have any extra knowledge on changes to Retro Jason except that we are more focused on the coming update. 

Finding tapes should be rare, but I'll see if we can't look into the numbers. Hearing that some people who have been playing for 6 months and only have 2 or 3 tapes doesn't sound right, but it could be that people aren't finding them, or other players keep picking them up. Luck definitely plays a part in collecting.

1 hour ago, ShiftySamurai said:

I don't have any extra knowledge on changes to Retro Jason except that we are more focused on the coming update. 

Finding tapes should be rare, but I'll see if we can't look into the numbers. Hearing that some people who have been playing for 6 months and only have 2 or 3 tapes doesn't sound right, but it could be that people aren't finding them, or other players keep picking them up. Luck definitely plays a part in collecting.

I feel like a lot of these people are the speed looters, ironically. Several tapes I've found (including one of the tapes I mentioned above) were found in cabins with open doors and drawers. They just happened to miss the ONE drawer that really mattered. Same goes with the fuse. Probably 75% of the time I find it, the cabin was already "checked".

or other players keep picking them up. Luck definitely plays a part in collecting.

Luck is a huge factor. I've found most of my tapes when I would spawn near 3 cabins with no one else around.

I think that's the right move. My favorite is Retro, and I'm looking forward to him becoming his own entity -- with his own stats and intro (complete with 8-bit music) and all.

However, I'm sure you've all decided to put it on the back-burner until you can get the top issues smoothed over. Once the vast majority is quite happy with gameplay, I'd love to see work done on Retro Jason. (I think he needs seven traps like Part 2!)

Also, it would be funny if you made the round end if Retro Jason got into the water -- as he would short himself out since he's a pixelated character from an electronic game.  :lol:

I feel like Retro Jason should be his own Jason and a skin. 

Weekly Challenges need to start up soon and playing offline should count when a challenge involves being Jason or simply finishing matches. 

I agree that the tapes should be rare, but people who have played since launch (like me), shouldn't only have one or two tapes.  

2 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

I feel like Retro Jason should be his own Jason and a skin. 

Weekly Challenges need to start up soon and playing offline should count when a challenge involves being Jason or simply finishing matches. 

I agree that the tapes should be rare, but people who have played since launch (like me), shouldn't only have one or two tapes.  

So if Retro Jason was (hypothetically) made into his own Jason, what would his unique weapon be? Would he still use a machete or would he use something else? 

55 minutes ago, scorpio said:

So if Retro Jason was (hypothetically) made into his own Jason, what would his unique weapon be? Would he still use a machete or would he use something else? 

In the old game, he either used an axe, a machete or he was bare handed. So it would likely be one of these.

He could get barehanded specialty kills. idk. He might need a weapon.

7 minutes ago, Caulus said:

In the old game, he either used an axe, a machete or he was bare handed. So it would likely be one of these.

He could get barehanded specialty kills. idk. He might need a weapon.

So he would punch doors down? Awesome! I'd love that!

27 minutes ago, Truth said:

So he would punch doors down? Awesome! I'd love that!

Or just kick doors in. One kick and they're down. lmao

I still say Retro Jason should be the fastest and LAST running Jason since he ran in the game.

+ Can Run

+ Morph

+ Shift

- Traps

- Destruction - 7 hits to break a door down

- Stun Resistance

I would've given him weapon strength as a weakness, but NES Jason could make quick work of counselors who didn't have potion, so I feel it should be neutral, same for water speed since he was like a speed boat in the game.

This combined with allowing Roy to run would help even out the distribution of run/can't run.

Can Run

1. Part 2

2. Part 3

3. Part 4

4. Roy

5. NES

Can't Run

1. Part 6

2. Part 7

3. Part 8

4. Part 9

5. Part 10

6. Savini

Pretty even...only off by one.

Any sort of custom Jasons they may add could be changed up.

I wish Savini could run, I know he can 'walk fast' but it's sooo tedious to catch up with counselors. Hopefully the speed boost this patch will help! :)