Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
scorpio

Pre-Uber Jason (Jason at start of Jason X)/Other potential Jasons Discussion

Recommended Posts

So I know we are getting Uber Jason in the future, but what about Pre-Uber Jason (the Jason at the beginning of Jason X)? 

I've seen a while back another thread discussing this with the devs apparently saying that Pre-Uber would not be added to the game. Many were hoping for a reason to be given but the thread was closed down and there wasn't really a proper explanation as to why Pre-Uber Jason wouldn't be added to the game. It seem implied that he would never be added to the game?! 

It would be kl to see Pre-Uber Jason added to the game at a later date, hell even if he was just a re-skin available for Uber Jason that wld at least be something. Ideally at the very least could we see him added later to the Virtual Cabin, so at least we would then have all the official movie Jasons (barring the Remake/FvJ) in the Jason room, the Virtual Cabin Jason Room will just feel incomplete without Pre-Uber Jason! 

Any light you can shed on this would be greatly appreciated  @ShiftySamurai  - thanks in advance :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, scorpio said:

So I know we are getting Uber Jason in the future, but what about Pre-Uber Jason (the Jason at the beginning of Jason X)? 

I've seen a while back another thread discussing this with the devs apparently saying that Pre-Uber would not be added to the game. Many were hoping for a reason to be given but the thread was closed down and there wasn't really a proper explanation as to why Pre-Uber Jason wouldn't be added to the game. It seem implied that he would never be added to the game?! 

It would be kl to see Pre-Uber Jason added to the game at a later date, hell even if he was just a re-skin available for Uber Jason that wld at least be something. Ideally at the very least could we see him added later to the Virtual Cabin, so at least we would then have all the official movie Jasons (barring the Remake/FvJ) in the Jason room, the Virtual Cabin Jason Room will just feel incomplete without Pre-Uber Jason! 

Any light you can shed on this would be greatly appreciated  @ShiftySamurai  - thanks in advance :) 

 

No we're not getting him - the devs said and unless they state otherwise that is what is going to happen. I am guessing it must be a thing about more wanting uber. But I am sure we will eventually get him. He will probably be the last Jason or near last, tho. He's not very important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems madness not to eventually include him. He'd be the only skin of Jason missing that they currently own the rights to.

I mean I understand choosing to do Uber over Pre-Uber if we were forced to choose only one option. Uber looks drastically different and adds an aesthetic variety to the game. But knowing how big a fan of the series the devs are, it seems off to miss out the last of the Jason skins, especially after going to the trouble to model kid Jason for the cabin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chances are Pre-Uber may be a Skin for Uber down the line. The "undead and wielding a machete" is already pretty covered.

After Uber is added, I'd like to see the addition of more "what if" and unique Jasons that could be designed by the team. Like the Scarecrow Jason that was planned at one point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

fter Uber is added, I'd like to see the addition of more "what if" and unique Jasons that could be designed by the team. Like the Scarecrow Jason that was planned at one point.

Scarecrow Jason? Cool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

Chances are Pre-Uber may be a Skin for Uber down the line. The "undead and wielding a machete" is already pretty covered.

After Uber is added, I'd like to see the addition of more "what if" and unique Jasons that could be designed by the team. Like the Scarecrow Jason that was planned at one point.

Not until Pamela is added to complete all of the original killers.

Also not adding PreUber Jason X is a crime!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

I'm fairly sure it's not a crime, but I will make sure that people know that Jason X (Pre-Uber) is wanted.

You're a saint.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

I'm fairly sure it's not a crime, but I will make sure that people know that Jason X (Pre-Uber) is wanted.

Awesome, thank you soo much. Pre-Uber Jason (Jason X) is one of my fav Jasons.  I also appreciate your comments on my other thread saying you'll look at the numbers for the drop rates of Tapes. 

I agree with others here, Pamela would be awesome to have as a playable killer/added to the Virtual Cabin later down the line. I was very happy with the addition of Kid Jason to the Virtual Cabin. I understand why Kid Jason can't be a playable Jason (coz of the core mechanics, explained by the devs before) but it would be awesome if he could be implemented in the game somehow. I was thinking whenever Jason drowns someone, instead of having an animation of that particular Jason doing the drowning, we could instead be shown an animation of kid Jason doing the drowing, as a way to incorporate him into the game? 

I know licensing issues make it impossible atm too, but if they could somehow be resolved, then FvJ and Remake Jason would also be wonderful additions to this game. I think 'if' they were somehow able to be added, then the weapon of FvJ Jason would have to be the Flaming Machete from that one scene! ;):P 

Anyways, just wanted to say thanks to Shifty for responding and also thanks to the community in general for your contributions to this thread! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

After Uber is added, I'd like to see the addition of more "what if" and unique Jasons that could be designed by the team. Like the Scarecrow Jason that was planned at one point.

I'm all for completely new Jason designs. "Savini" is one of my favorites so I'd like to see what else they can toss our way 

They never mentioned a scarecrow Jason though. 

2 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Scarecrow Jason? Cool!

Pretty sure @Daneasaur is refferring to "sweaterface".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

5 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Pretty sure @Daneasaur is refferring to "sweaterface".

 

Yeh ''sweaterface'' was a cool concept, maybe it can be revisited, altho I know they had trouble with how to make the sweater wrapped around the face look scary/practical, which was one of the reasons they dropped the idea.

 

2 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Scarecrow Jason? Cool!

Hell a ''scarecrow'' Jason sounds like it could be interesting - no idea what that wld entail tho, but I do find scarecrows pretty awesome/creepy! :) 

 

Here is another great? idea, what about a Jason based on  Tommy Jarvis as Jason - an idea that was originally meant to be pursued for the sequel after The Final Chapter, before they dropped it, for the direction they eventually went in instead! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love for Pre Uber Jason X to be added. Even if he were just an additional skin for Uber Jason it would be neat to have him included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I Think it's silly not to add Jason x he's the only one besides part 7 that has shackles on him making it look like he escaped prison which he kinda did he also had the most hair so that is also interesting to see plus his face is quite hideous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

I'm fairly sure it's not a crime, but I will make sure that people know that Jason X (Pre-Uber) is wanted.

Nice, he's a cool design and it was Kane Hodder after all.  Plus, frankly he would fit in a lot more with the aesthetic of the existing maps/setting than cyborg Jason, who really only fits in on the Grendel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Scarecrow Jason? Cool!

Yeah. There was a plotline for 6 where they were planning on Jason's spirit inhabiting a Scarecrow, but they decided to make him a more outright zombie-ish character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

Yeah. There was a plotline for 6 where they were planning on Jason's spirit inhabiting a Scarecrow, but they decided to make him a more outright zombie-ish character.

EW SOUNDS worse then part 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blackbird68 said:

EW SOUNDS worse then part 9

Not quite. He was going to be in the scarecrow body for the whole film and was basically just going to be doing his usual Jason-things.

It never got past the word-of-mouth part of the design phase though.

That said, a Scarecrow-themed Jason with a sickle would be pretty bitching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...