Sign in to follow this  
i-cold

Will we have small maps for Jarvis house and pinehurst?

They said they aren't working on them anymore.

Small maps heavily favors counselors, so the aspects of it aren't balance.

• Like 1

The Devs stated there would not be a Jarvis "small" map. They have not commented on the new Pinehurst map to my knowledge. We don't even know how large it is at this point.

6 minutes ago, Blackbird68 said:

God no

Why not? Obviously we can't say much about Pinehurst, but you really don't like the idea of a smaller Jarvis map?

5 minutes ago, Truth said:

Why not? Obviously we can't say much about Pinehurst, but you really don't like the idea of a smaller Jarvis map?

Counselor main spotted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Blaisy-Bas said:

Counselor main spotted.

Yeah, so? It's a very spread out map. I get it's nice for Jason, but it makes for shitty game play. Almost no one is willing to run parts. I'm just saying a smaller map couldn't hurt.

Plus technically we are ALL counselor mains.

• Like 1

I’m not a fan of the smaller maps so I’m hoping they don’t make more of them. Jason should get his abilities quicker on the small maps to balance it out.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Truth said:

. I'm just saying a smaller map couldn't hurt

I agree. the more maps / map variations we have the better. I don't get why all the hate for the small maps.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MRWood204 said:

I agree. the more maps / map variations we have the better. I don't get why all the hate for the small maps.

Because some people think counselors have a huge advantage on them. I see at as everyone is grouped together more so it's easier to take them out. Less morphing around in hopes of finding people.

3 minutes ago, Truth said:

Because some people think counselors have a huge advantage on them. I see at as everyone is grouped together more so it's easier to take them out. Less morphing around in hopes of finding people.

Same. But I also get it can be easy and lead to some quick escapes. Still, that doesn't make me hate them.

1 hour ago, Truth said:

Yeah, so? It's a very spread out map. I get it's nice for Jason, but it makes for shitty game play. Almost no one is willing to run parts. I'm just saying a smaller map couldn't hurt.

Plus technically we are ALL counselor mains.

Not everyone has their preference set to counselor and lots of people only play with bots thus Jason mains.

It can and could hurt, cause Jason is at a big disadvantage on smaller maps, easier for the counselors to regroup, gang bang Jason, complete objectives, find weapons etc.

Unless they make Jason stronger on small maps I don’t want any more maps that heavily favors counselors.

41 minutes ago, Truth said:

Even when Jason is slashing he can be easily knocked down and nearly every counselor has a med spray for those situations, I don’t really dig the idea of adding more smaller version of maps unless of course Illfonic decides to change Jason’s stats or abilities on those maps.

Just now, Blaisy-Bas said:

Not everyone has their preference set to counselor and lots of people only play with bots thus Jason mains.

It can and could hurt, cause Jason is at a big disadvantage on smaller maps, easier for the counselors to regroup, gang bang Jason, complete objectives, find weapons etc.

Unless they make Jason stronger on small maps I don’t want any more maps that heavily favors counselors.

Even when Jason is slashing he can be easily knocked down and I nearly every counselor has a med spray for those situations, I don’t really dig the idea of adding more smaller version of maps unless of course Illfonic decides to change Jason’s stats or abilities on those maps.

Have you been checking on the info regarding tomorrow's update? They're reducing knives and medsprays. Limiting machete and wrench spawns. They're also tweaking the grab range again, giving Jason 2 more knives, and making them all run faster. I think these changes will alleviate some of the issues Jason has with tight spaces.

I still disagree though. I believe Jason has a large benefit when counselors have less places to hide. I don't have to morph 3 times to be able to sense someone, they will be seen from the middle of the map. I understand your argument, but I don't really see it favoring either side. It probably depends more on the team you're stuck with.

3 minutes ago, Truth said:

Have you been checking on the info regarding tomorrow's update? They're reducing knives and medsprays. Limiting machete and wrench spawns. They're also tweaking the grab range again, giving Jason 2 more knives, and making them all run faster. I think these changes will alleviate some of the issues Jason has with tight spaces.

I still disagree though. I believe Jason has a large benefit when counselors have less places to hide. I don't have to morph 3 times to be able to sense someone, they will be seen from the middle of the map. I understand your argument, but I don't really see it favoring either side. It probably depends more on the team you're stuck with.

Let’s wait for the update before making speculations I doubt they’ll reduce the amount of knives and meds to how it was originally maybe instead of 7 knives it will be 6 and instead of around 8 meds it will be 7.

I don’t like playing Jason but if they really do improve him I’m gonna change my preference to Jason

2 minutes ago, Blaisy-Bas said:

Let’s wait for the update before making speculations I doubt they’ll reduce the amount of knives and meds to how it was originally maybe instead of 7 knives it will be 6 and instead of around 8 meds it will be 7.

I don’t like playing Jason but if they really do improve him I’m gonna change my preference to Jason

Touche. That wouldn't be very surprising. Either way, I like having more map options.

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

Touche. That wouldn't be very surprising. Either way, I like having more map options.

Yea but they’re just repackaged versions of existing maps, I’d prefer having new smaller maps that are specially designed to not favor either Jason or the counselors.

Seeing how they repackage everything to avoid making new textures and models is just meh.

It may not seem like it to most, but the Jarvis House is actually on comparison to Packanack, Higgins, and Crystal Lake large. Smaller.

It just seems big because of all the small little ponds and what not through it. Jarvis house is kind of a "medium" sized map. A small version just wouldnt seem very interesting I think.

I don't think the small maps concept would work as well for these two new maps, nor Grendel whenever we get it, for that matter. It's just the way it's laid out and designed. Idk how to properly explain it, but it would just make it seem.... janky? Is that the word for it? Whenever you look at the original three maps, it's almost as if they designed them to have the capabilities of being condensed in a way that was practical. With these two maps, it seems like they weren't designed to be shrunk or changed. I kinda like that 

If they want to balance small maps all parts should spawn at the furthest cabins. Not next to the objectives. People can actually escape by the time Jason gets shift ability because less cabins means less searching.

The jarvis house map only seems to work well for councilors when they successfully repair the boat, fuse box, call the police. I have not seen very many escapes in the vehicles due to there being a wide open space where they spawn versus where there parts are located. You can sneak around the side of the map early game and avoid jason, but there is no sneaking around to repair those.Too easy to be picked off by jason otherwise. I am not sure how a small version of that would work.

I'd like to see Small Maps for all maps released, maybe they could release them in groups of 3's like the previous ones.

A Jarvis House Small (That eliminates the lone islands and the cabin at the top of the Jarvis/Blue house combo and maybe one or 2 of the fire branch cabins) could actually be playable from a counselor's perspective.

The problem with the map is the mountains only letting you travel via the trails, if they replaced that with woods much like packanack then the map would be more well received.

Another problem is the lack of the door to the vacation house basement. But a really big problem is that the phone box doesn't spawn at either of the two main houses.

This is why Pinehurst is more well received because the phone box spawns at the main house, allowing for a more challenging gameplay.

20 minutes ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

But a really big problem is that the phone box doesn't spawn at either of the two main houses.

This is why Pinehurst is more well received because the phone box spawns at the main house, allowing for a more challenging gameplay.

I really like the Jarvis House map but yeah same I was disappointed not having the phone be able to spawn at either of the main houses. They feel like they’re only set pieces on the map with no purpose. Hopefully they add more phone spawn options in future.