Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Now, I know the topic of the Friday reboot is debatable: some people liked it, some didn't. But, I believe that, after Uber Jason, Reboot Jason would be a nice addition. Here's what the stats might look like:

WEAPON:

For a weapon reboot would probably use a basic machete. I know part 7 Jason uses a machete but there are like 3 Jasons with axes. Not 100% about the kills bc I'm not that creative.

STRENGTHS:

Reboot would definitely have traps as one of his strengths as he often uses traps in his movie. Another strength would be "can run". Now, this may be a crazy idea but I believe the not only should reboot run, but he should sprint. I know that sounds stupid but hear me out because I think this is justified and balanced. Justified because of the fact he's extremely agile in his movie and balanced because of his weaknesses. His final strength would be stalk. In his movie, reboot Jason is not only agile but stealthy and I think this would both make sense and be balanced. EDIT: another, alternate, strength could be throwing knives for the same reason as traps (this Jason was very dependable on "gadgets"). However, I personally believe stalk would be better and the other two should stay.

WEAKNESSES:

Now, as I mentioned earlier, reboot would need lots of weaknesses to make him fully accurate. But, since we only have three to work with, first I'll pick defense. This would make sense as Jason is only a human in the reboot, not a reanimated space-zombie parasite. In all seriousness though, I think this and health would be two weaknesses that help to balance out reboot. Now, the final choice was tough as i could have picked from any of these three but, I believe that morph would be a good weakness that could balance out reboot. Not only is this because he is already a very agile character (having full capability of his shift and a sprint) but it's the least plausible ability for him to have. Yes, we never see him shift in the movie but, he could always sense in some way by using his senses (idk). EDIT: I think stun resistance could also be a weakness for the reason that reboot is a human (I know 2, 3 and 4 [and 5] are also human but I think it would fit a fast Jason to be easier to stun [for a chance to get away]).

 

Thank you for reading this pitch for the possibility of reboot / part 11/12 (depending on if you include Freddy V Jason). Please feel free to reply if you have any better ideas on how he could be implemented. friday-the-13th-origin.thumb.jpg.d6913686fc08809615ece6a0c1c9c7e3.jpg

Edited by Wafflefive
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I 100% want him

I want Mears to do the motioncap

I want him TO RUN FAST like in the film! Almost as fast as the counselors

I WANT THIS JASON! 

My all time favorite portrayal of the character, 

I'd pay 100 buck for the DLC if that is what it takes. DO IT!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't really mind having him in the game. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they say they don't have the rights to reboot Jason, or was it the Freddy vs Jason version they don't have rights to? I know for a fact it was one of those two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JasonLives86 said:

I wouldn't really mind having him in the game. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they say they don't have the rights to reboot Jason, or was it the Freddy vs Jason version they don't have rights to? I know for a fact it was one of those two.

They don't have the rights to both reboot and FvJ Jasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

They don't have the rights to both reboot and FvJ Jasons.

I had a feeling that was the case as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

They don't have the rights to both reboot and FvJ Jasons.

Dead by Daylight didn't have the rights to Leatherface, Michael Myers, Freddy Krueger and Amanda Young. They licensed them. We should probably do the same before somebody else does. Reboot Jason in DbD anyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gyaaft said:

Dead by Daylight didn't have the rights to Leatherface, Michael Myers, Freddy Krueger and Amanda Young. They licensed them. We should probably do the same before somebody else does. Reboot Jason in DbD anyone?

I think though they've said they do not have the rights - they also said "never say never"...perhaps if they bought the rights they could make these Jason's paid DLC to cover the costs. I think now the game is a roaring success as far as sales go, Warner/Paramount would be more likely to allow them in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can this topic be moved to the "new members" side of the forum?

Wait, we don't have a new members side of the forum.

Can we get a "new members" side of the forum?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if they did acquire the rights at some point and just haven't said anything so it would be unexpected to get him. Maybe that's just wishful thinking, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt they ever will get reboot because, like everyone says, there's a ton of legal issues but, I'm just saying that, if there wasn't, what would reboot be like in game. I'm like 99% certain they won't get him but it's fun to think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

Can this topic be moved to the "new members" side of the forum?

Wait, we don't have a new members side of the forum.

Can we get a "new members" side of the forum?

Are you saying that, just because im new, I should make my point in "the new members" side of the forum? Or are you calling me stupid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A sprinting Jason would be fucking terrifying, man...I'd love to see the reaction from that first troll that tries to mess with him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JasonLives86 said:

I wouldn't really mind having him in the game. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they say they don't have the rights to reboot Jason, or was it the Freddy vs Jason version they don't have rights to? I know for a fact it was one of those two.

both if i remember correctly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paramount and New Line are arguing (legal battle) about distribution rights. Pretty much anything outside the scope of what Sean Cunningham has given Gun Media rights to use is currently a legal minefield for the foreseeable future. I would not expect to see anything for the reboot or FvJ for quite a long time; if ever. But I do hope it all works out someday. I'm all for the movie Jasons to find a home in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Paramount and New Line are arguing (legal battle) about distribution rights. Pretty much anything outside the scope of what Sean Cunningham has given Gun Media rights to use is currently a legal minefield for the foreseeable future. I would not expect to see anything for the reboot or FvJ for quite a long time; if ever. But I do hope it all works out someday. I'm all for the movie Jasons to find a home in the game.

I had no clue they could actually get the rights. That's pretty cool :ajsaltbae:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wafflefive said:

I had no clue they could actually get the rights. That's pretty cool :ajsaltbae:

Well "could" and "will" are pretty far apart. :(

These kind of studio battle royals could take years to sort out. I wouldn't get my hopes up for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Well "could" and "will" are pretty far apart. :(

These kind of studio battle royals could take years to sort out. I wouldn't get my hopes up for now.

You're probably right tbh :sadchappa:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe it's not possible atm because of licensing, but if it were possible I'd deffo like to see Remake Jason added too! :) He should be the Jason who can move the fastest too, he should practically be able to run at full pelt!  ;):P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reboot Jason would be my most requested Jason in the game personally. It really sucks that we won't be able to get him because of rights issues but it's fun to imagine what he would be like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they could offer up something like whatever the monies are that are needed and/or would be paid in some residual form would go in to a trust of some kind and then once parties A B C and so on have settled their dispute those monies would go to the sole party or be divided out as according to whatever form of settlement is reached.

I highly doubt the parties involved don't want 2009 Jason in the game, what they want is money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

I think though they've said they do not have the rights - they also said "never say never"...perhaps if they bought the rights they could make these Jason's paid DLC to cover the costs. I think now the game is a roaring success as far as sales go, Warner/Paramount would be more likely to allow them in the game.

I wouldn't begrudge the Devs if they brought in a jason to purchase, they've given enough free shit away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kohagan said:

I wouldn't begrudge the Devs if they brought in a jason to purchase, they've given enough free shit away. 

Yeah I agree. I doubt the price would break the bank, and if they have to pay for the licensing rights I'd be happy to be a part of footing the bill. 

I can live without reboot Jason (not a movie reboot fan) but I'd like to see the FvJ Jason in the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, kohagan said:

I wouldn't begrudge the Devs if they brought in a jason to purchase, they've given enough free shit away. 

If I had a chance to get a new Jason AND pay these amazing devs even more money i'd jump at the opportunity 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...