Hal Bailman

Friday the 13th: The Game - JASON LIVES™ Expansion Features [Mock Project]

Like a lot of it, but not big on psycho jarvis, spectral, or jason II. I am somewhat of a purist and want to keep it as close to canon as possible. Personally don't care for Savini either.

That being said, I love the amount of detail and everything you put into this and it looks fantastic. Especially like the merit nadges. You definitely put a lot of work and thought into this which I completely respect and appreciate.

Nice work, @Hal Bailman. You give the devs much to think about for the future. 

But, of course, for this amount of work, they'll probably need some skin in the game and have to make it paid DLC.

But still -- AN-Y-THING that brings this game closer to the portrayal in the films is a good thing, indeed.

• Thanks 1

I mean eventually they're going to have to come up with their own things. Part 6-9 don't have maps and it would be cool to kill counselors in the part 9 Voorhees house. Original maps like a Kensington Lodge, tropical resort, or a snow map of would be cool. They could also use a couple of Jasons from the killer puzzle game but make them more realistic. I'm not against original maps or Jason's as long as it isn't too silly. The devs do a great job at making maps and Jasons

18 minutes ago, Mikleo said:

I mean eventually they're going to have to come up with their own things. Part 6-9 don't have maps and it would be cool to kill counselors in the part 9 Voorhees house. Original maps like a Kensington Lodge, tropical resort, or a snow map of would be cool. They could also use a couple of Jasons from the killer puzzle game but make them more realistic. I'm not against original maps or Jason's as long as it isn't too silly. The devs do a great job at making maps and Jasons

While a lot of that was cool in the puzzle game, I personally (and I know this will piss some off) don't want things that stray too far from canon in this game. I mean it was billed and advertised as the ultimate F13 experience that is supposed to reflect being in the movie. Of course it is a game and get it can't be 110% this way, but feel it should stick as close to the source material as possible.

That said, I still respect the time and effort put into this and think that some of these things would be great to implement. Especially the merit badge idea.

3 hours ago, jameson87 said:

While a lot of that was cool in the puzzle game, I personally (and I know this will piss some off) don't want things that stray too far from canon in this game. I mean it was billed and advertised as the ultimate F13 experience that is supposed to reflect being in the movie. Of course it is a game and get it can't be 110% this way, but feel it should stick as close to the source material as possible.

That said, I still respect the time and effort put into this and think that some of these things would be great to implement. Especially the merit badge idea.

Yeah I get what you mean. I wouldn't want to see like Jurasstic Jason in the game. The post apocplyse Jason had a cool mask but I could see why people would be against that, although there is a Canon futuristic Jason. The Frozen Jason would go really good with a corresponding snow themed map. The producers of the 2009 Friday the 13th remake planned on a sequel that would have been snow themed. Original maps wouldn't exactly be Canon but certain types like a snow map, Kensington Lodge, or classic horror settings I feel would fit right in th game. I also thought the Tommy tapes were really good even though those aren't exactly confirmed Canon. I just don't think devs should be just narrowed down to only Canon things from the movies as long as it isn't ridiculous or silly. Like with Savini Jason, he fits right in the game even though he isn't Canon and the controversy around him.

1 minute ago, Mikleo said:

Yeah I get what you mean. I wouldn't want to see like Jurasstic Jason in the game. The post apocplyse Jason had a cool mask but I could see why people would be against that, although there is a Canon futuristic Jason. The Frozen Jason would go really good with a corresponding snow themed map. The producers of the 2009 Friday the 13th remake planned on a sequel that would have been snow themed. Original maps wouldn't exactly be Canon but certain types like a snow map, Kensington Lodge, or classic horror settings I feel would fit right in th game. I also thought the Tommy tapes were really good even though those aren't exactly confirmed Canon. I just don't think devs should be just narrowed down to only Canon things from the movies as long as it isn't ridiculous or silly. Like with Savini Jason, he fits right in the game even though he isn't Canon and the controversy around him.

See that is the thing, Jason in a snow coat? Nah, I don't care for Savini either. And as far as reboots in general, I am not for them. They always change elements of the original story to try and make it fit into today's trends. I think the only halfway decent reboot I have seen and somewhat liked was the Evil Dead one. But Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell were involved and kept it true to the original themes and lore while only boosting the SFX which was the way a reboot should go in my opinion. I just don't care for reimagining what is already there and established. And while I know Jason X is canon, I ignore that one like the plague. Horror franchises and sci-fi just don't mix well for me. That is what killed Hellraiser Bloodline for me as well, even though it was the last 5 minutes of the film, it just really doesn't sit well with me.