Hal Bailman

Friday the 13th: The Game - JASON LIVES™ Expansion Features [Mock Project]

If We Could Get The Merit Badges idea and The Psycho Jarvis idea and other charachters listed it would be great.

All of this is absolutely amazing! The only problem is the beer and weed. Maybe it could be more of a perk than a pickup?

• Like 1

I seen tons of suggestions come through the forums since launch but this has to be some of the best stuff I seen yet. A+++++

GUN needs to see this. I love it!

• Like 1

@Hal Bailman, would really appreciate it if you would check out two threads of mine. If you were able to expand on my ideas, or edit my artwork to make it look better, it would be much appreciated. 

Thanks,

Dylan 

• Like 1

Hey all! Just checking in to say many thanks and that more is on the way with your feedback in mind. 
(Just not this week since I'm a freelance artist and this month has been nuts! ahh):JasonPt8:

j5QRUEB.jpg

• Psycho Jarvis killer overview added.
  • Item list updated with new handgun graphic.
  • "Copycat" Jason Part 5 playstyle added.

@Hal Bailman What's your opinion about what I said earlier; The playstyles need negatives. Currently in your OP they only have buffs and no nerfs. I think it would be wise to add some kind of negatives. If ever such a feature were implemented, it should be a valid choice to play without a playstyle equipped.

Like for example, if there's buffs to being in water, there should be detriments to being on land. Example: If Jason is hidden in water, while on land his minimap icon remains active for longer. If stalk is active in water, its duration is shorter on land, etc.

I like these ideas alot. Especially the psycho Jarvis, considering that originally he was going to become the new killer after part 5. 

17 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

@Hal Bailman What's your opinion about what I said earlier; The playstyles need negatives. Currently in your OP they only have buffs and no nerfs. I think it would be wise to add some kind of negatives. If ever such a feature were implemented, it should be a valid choice to play without a playstyle equipped.

At this time, no weaknesses are planned for any of the playstyles for the mock expansion. Rationale as follows:

• Weaknesses as they currently stand are annoyances at best (Savini) and Jason-cripplers at worst. (Part VII)
  • They are more often defined by their associated strengths (Weapon Strength+, Destruction, Shift+) than their own merits. 
  • Strengths (JL vers.) reward the player for taking advantage of opportunities, where weaknesses artificially limit the Jason's potential with a simple turn of a dial. (Less traps, short shifts, etc.)
  • The removal of weaknesses allows Jason to have a baseline to be balanced against. Outlier strengths can be reigned in without affecting more appropriately balanced Jasons.
  • Some weaknesses barely apply to the match itself. Water Speed +/- sees drastically less use during a match with two car spawns.

@Hal Bailman I'm just going to have to disagree on that logic. In my view, tradeoffs make a game more interesting. According to your expansion, if there are no weaknesses, then by default a player couldn't choose not to use a playstyle, or else they'd be deliberately gimping themselves by playing without one.

You can keep your project how you like, but it's not what I would do.

• Thanks 1

I Like The Merit Badges ideas and Jason Needs More Traps.

5 traps is not enough.

Because you have to Trap Jasons Shack,The Blue 4 seater,The Phone box needs 3 Traps,The Boat walkway etc.

I Think 8 traps would be great for Jason.

@Hal Bailman I have a question. Will Roy's abilities work if he uses his original weapon (Shears)?

2 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

@Hal Bailman I have a question. Will Roy's abilities work if he uses his original weapon (Shears)?

That's a good question, and one that I hadn't considered! While I'd ideally like to see how the swapping system itself works to give a final answer, I would say that the bonuses are granted on the act of switching weapons, and not the weapon itself. With that idea in mind, while Roy wouldn't start with a cooldown reduction, swapping to shears later on would provide the same cooldown bonus. Upon further thought, Roy's third strength shouldn't be conditional at all in order to allow him an initial bonus off the bat before most of the switching comes into play. :)

14 hours ago, TADAARAIS said:

I Like The Merit Badges ideas and Jason Needs More Traps.

5 traps is not enough.

Because you have to Trap Jasons Shack,The Blue 4 seater,The Phone box needs 3 Traps,The Boat walkway etc.

I Think 8 traps would be great for Jason.

Are talking about 8 for normal trap count? That's a bit too much. It would guarantee no one escapes unless everyone tanked the traps with medic and hypochondriac. I'd hate to have that meta. At least currently those two perks aren't entirely required to win, just makes it easier. 8 traps would require those perks to win.

Roy: "Switching weapons provides you the strengths of its associated Jason." So... Garden shears do nothing for Roy then.

tcza45K.gif

EDIT: Forgot that I was the last one to post in this thread please merge if needed.

8 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Are talking about 8 for normal trap count? That's a bit too much. It would guarantee no one escapes unless everyone tanked the traps with medic and hypochondriac. I'd hate to have that meta. At least currently those two perks aren't entirely required to win, just makes it easier. 8 traps would require those perks to win.

Well there is enough med spray for 8 traps in my opinion.

On 1/28/2018 at 6:17 PM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I love the entire OP. Good work. However, the devs have been super duper adamant that NO cannabis or alcohol consumption will be in the game, ever, period, under any circumstances, no matter what. It's because they believe they won't be allowed to do it because they're a small company whereas Rockstar with GTA V can have alcohol, weed, DMT, sex, and topless lap dances because they are a giant company. Now, technically speaking, they COULD put it in the game, because all things being fair, it is no less violent or offensive than GTA V or Metro: Last Light, which is a gory horror shooter which also has a topless exotic dance scene. They COULD do it, legally speaking, because other games have done it, but the devs are scared to try because they think they won't be allowed to.

A do love the idea of adding a handgun to the game, and I even made a topic about it a long time ago, but it was PROMPTLY locked with a flat "NO" from the devs with zero chance at any further discussion on the matter. Handguns are NOT going to happen, ever, under any circumstances, no matter what, ever ever ever, period. They've made that clear.

Maybe we can't have marijuana or beer, but what if they included Resident Evil-style "green herb" or "soda" that comes in a bottle/can with a miller/bud/coors-esque label?  They could play innocent, and we'd know what is really going on.

On 1/28/2018 at 5:10 PM, Hal Bailman said:

lcnxEbB.jpg

I've been working on a mock expansion for the game every now and again in my free time. As "features" are completed, they'll be added here as both suggestions and examples of concept. Please enjoy.

62Y4msr.pngRCBSEDx.png

xixfTEC.png
dfnsAVd.jpg

1unp8bR.png
7QuopTY.jpg

BFqTGmV.png
S6j4ikq.png
ekg3gVU.jpg

sE4I3V6.png
1BA62sj.pngozrA9Sv.pngVYzTA4E.pngUXxMskb.jpg
vMikpwj.png
eitp1kH.png

Misc. Placeholders:

aTHMuxo.png

More to come!

*Similarity to any other previously offered suggestions is purely coincidental.

Holy shit this is amazing! Please show the Pamela picture. Also love the new items and how you see badges, this is what the game should have had! Not crazy about Jarvis and his weapon along with the spectral Jason, he needs to be corporeal only.

This is really good! Well done man! Here, have a cookie :).

th?id=OIP.Eb-3nBZ6LFZdal3dsAjdDAHaG0&pid

Did you forget to add a part 9 and Savini play style? Or did you just leave them out purposefully?

• Haha 1