Hal Bailman

Friday the 13th: The Game - JASON LIVES™ Expansion Features [Mock Project]

lcnxEbB.jpg

I've been working on a mock expansion for the game every now and again in my free time. As "features" are completed, they'll be added here as both suggestions and examples of concept. Please enjoy.

62Y4msr.pngRCBSEDx.png

xixfTEC.png
dfnsAVd.jpg

1unp8bR.png
7QuopTY.jpg

BFqTGmV.png
S6j4ikq.png
ekg3gVU.jpg

sE4I3V6.png
1BA62sj.pngozrA9Sv.pngVYzTA4E.pngUXxMskb.jpg
vMikpwj.png
eitp1kH.png

Misc. Placeholders:

aTHMuxo.png

More to come!

*Similarity to any other previously offered suggestions is purely coincidental.

• Like 18

Oh my gosh! This is so fucking cool! The Dev's NEED To see this!

• Thanks 1

I love the entire OP. Good work. However, the devs have been super duper adamant that NO cannabis or alcohol consumption will be in the game, ever, period, under any circumstances, no matter what. It's because they believe they won't be allowed to do it because they're a small company whereas Rockstar with GTA V can have alcohol, weed, DMT, sex, and topless lap dances because they are a giant company. Now, technically speaking, they COULD put it in the game, because all things being fair, it is no less violent or offensive than GTA V or Metro: Last Light, which is a gory horror shooter which also has a topless exotic dance scene. They COULD do it, legally speaking, because other games have done it, but the devs are scared to try because they think they won't be allowed to.

A do love the idea of adding a handgun to the game, and I even made a topic about it a long time ago, but it was PROMPTLY locked with a flat "NO" from the devs with zero chance at any further discussion on the matter. Handguns are NOT going to happen, ever, under any circumstances, no matter what, ever ever ever, period. They've made that clear.

• Like 1

The hand gun should be a revolver, it should take two or three hits to trigger a stun. Finding loose bullets in empty drawers would be cool, and fill some empty drawers up. Reloading animations should be on the long side for balance. Loose shotgun shells or flares would make them more useful weapons. I got a list, I'll post the rest of the thoughts on it up here tomorrow. Maybe you'll be kind enough to include some of them in your write up, beautiful graphics by the way.

Ok here's the rest, now that I have time. Empty drawer fixes and new items/mechanics.

-Locked Drawers, a simple lock that any Drawer Key will open quietly, play a mini game to pick the lock or break it open attracting Jason in the process, large sound bubble is generated, luck determines success of forced entry and your weapon may break(must have a weapon to attempt.)

-Drawer Keys, opens locked drawers without difficulty or noise, more than one spawn but they all work for any drawer.

-Flashlight Batteries, after 4 mins. of use light starts to flicker slowly getting weaker, search drawers to find more half dead batteries. Flicking your light on and off may get it going again, think about how people bang their light against their hand in movies. 

-Bullets/Shotgun Shells/Flares, found loose in drawers around camp, reloading is done by selecting the inventory slot occupied by the type of round and weapon you have, each slot in your inventory can hold 6 Bullets, 3 Shotgun Shells, or 3 flares. Loading times should be fair but long.

-Map Specific Lore Items, newspaper clippings, journal entry's or a futuristic data drive. Get out alive with each item, and earn a badge for collecting them all. They should appear in your progress menu, most could be half lifted right out of the virtual cabin. 

-Condoms, more a joke than anything else, just thought it would be funny to earn a safe sex badge. First you must escape from each map with them in your inventory.

-Polaroid Camera, take up to (X) pictures, use it to prove Jason is real. Pictures would be saved in a new area called the Photo Album, basically works by giving you temporary first person view to capture a screen shot.

New Perks/Items - These I feel could go either way, as perks they give you a small advantage but as items they take up to much room to be useful, so the Devs can hash it out.

-Lockpick, allows mini game to open locked drawers, bonus repair, 

-Photographer, start with camera, bonus composure, plus to stumble

Clothing Accessories - These could be worth real money if all your characters can start with them. Finding any of these in a map should be cause for celebrations, but you might learn that Jason hates when players have to many things and so you've only really painted a giant target on your back. 

--Lanyard, Drawer/Car Keys no longer take up a spot in your inventory

-Fanny Pack, plus one inventory slot. So eighties, had to be on the list.

-Satchel, plus two inventory slots.

-Purse, plus two inventory slots.

-Backpack, plus three or four inventory slots. 

-Picnic Basket, plus two slots, start with (Pocket) Knife. If we never get drugs and alcohol, could we at least get a funny substitute. Watching Mitch moving a battery ten feet dropping it, going back for the Picnic Basket ten feet past the battery dropping it and repeating to get across the map would be hilarious. "Like man, I couldn't leave my stash of PB&J behind, someone might have thought it was lost, dude, they might have taken it, duuude."

-First Aid Kit, start with Med. Spray, Bandages, Pocket Knife. Only has one slot when empty or after the Med. Spray is used. 

-Signal Kit, start with Flare Gun, Firecrackers(maybe 2), and Two extra flares. Only has one slot when empty.

---------------------Any items that start with players shouldn't add to the number of items on any map-------------------

There done. Anyway feed back would be appreciated, these ideas tie into some off my other posts. I think giving players access to the extra slots should only happen if we move to a longer form game mode, without the time limit or if we can move between maps. Adding more items is supposed to make players have to choose what to carry and what to leave behind, adding more slots would defeat the purpose. Still I think they could have a place in the game if the Devs keep up the good work. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the feedback, guys! Although I won't be spending too much time tweaking numbers or balance outside of the base concepts for this fictional expansion, I appreciate your insight and advice all the same. :D 

28 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I'll post the rest of the thoughts on it up here tomorrow. maybe you'll be kind enough to include some of them in your write up, beautiful graphics by the way.

I would be happy to read them!

Id really like to see The Two Sheriffs in The Camp Forest Green Part 6 Jason Lives map.

The Two Sheriffs can arrest you and put you in the jail.

When they die you can go to the small cell and use a key to open it.

Other Charachters Like Pamela Voorhees would be freakin awesome for Camp Forest Green Jason Lives Map.

Psycho Jarvis is a great idea.

• Like 1

Are you going to make images explaining what Jason II and all that stuff is?

• Like 1

Not all the stuff maybe coming to the game , but keep up the good work! I really liked the idea playstyles. Like DmC 3 , Trickster , Gunslinger. Devs should take a look at these stuff. I think the new items should replace the huge amount of pocket knives. 

You put a lot of great effort into making this nice. Good job man. The merit badge idea is new, haven't heard anyone mention something to that effect before. I like it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

Are you going to make images explaining what Jason II and all that stuff is?

Yep! I wrote down some overviews earlier, but will actually draw/illustrate each one as I get the time and update the post accordingly. As far as Spectral Jason, Jason II, and Jarvis go:

Spectral Jason - Came from the idea of thinking about how Jason Voorhees had both "Human" and "Dead" variants, and thinking where to go from there, which led me to a "Ghost" variant Jason. He's primarily blue, with mist emanating off of him in a similar way (but not the same effect) as Savini, who comes with the equivalent of a "Can Levitate" perk, as he's essentially a floating half torso with a large spiritual scythe (think Protoss weapons). Spectral Jason's "lore" is that it's the dark essence that remains after Jason's death in the first game. (Basically, the essence that keeps him coming back after each of his deaths - left vague until I better understand the game's canon.)

Psycho Jarvis - Based on the idea that after everything that happened to him in both the movies and the Tommy Tapes, Jarvis finally snaps. He fashions himself a Meteor Hammer out of the stone and chains used to bind Jason Voorhees, and fashions a number of unsettling masks which he leaves around camp. (These are picked up/replaced similarly to throwing knives and alter Jarvis' playstyle.)

Jason II (Placeholder name) - Formerly known as Overgrown Jason, I changed the name to reflect both the fact that this Jason has almost entirely been reconstructed from scratch combined with the fact that his stomping grounds take place on Earth II. Jason II is a Jason entirely recreated by a few barely functioning nanobots left inside his mask at the end of Jason X. Because of the severely damaged state of the nanobots plus the limited genetic material to work with, the process takes over 20 years. The revived Jason wastes no time getting back to work, finding himself a Chromium Divider (imagine a very large, sturdy, straight razor. Fictional Earth II tool used for clearing large masses of plants at once, primarily used during the initial settlement of the new planet) and tearing apart Emerald Lake. (New Earth II map - location where Jason's mask fell at the end of Jason X)

Edited by Hal Bailman
Clarity

Gun Media should hire you. You have a lot of unique and original ideas. 

• Like 2

You all are too kind. Thank you much. :)

Update - Spectral Jason concept added to original post.

I like the "New Jason Playstyles." I would want the "Playstyles" to not be tied to any Jason, so that any Jason can "equip" a style that will modify them in that manner.

Additional "Playstyle" name ideas(free to take):

Slasher: Weapons cause bleed effect, etc.

Destroyer: Something about destruction, can't think of it right now.

Tracker: Something about sense

Grappler: additional effects for grip strength

Rampage: Additional effects for Rage mode at the cost of detriments before Rage

Frightener: Additional effects for Fear.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I like the "New Jason Playstyles." I would want the "Playstyles" to not be tied to any Jason, so that any Jason can "equip" a style that will modify them in that manner.

It's impressive how close you are to the other styles! I think you'll like the other playstyles coming up. :D

Nice thread! I like the creative thinking here, particularly in regards to playstyles. 

• Thanks 1

Personally, I think a Psycho Jarvis might become a reality. I've mentioned this before, but Paranoia's video reveals a Jason mask never seen before in the canon series containing the chevrons from both Part 5 as well as 6; all the chevrons are blue.

At the end of Part 5, Tommy had a psychotic breakdown where he tried to murder Pam while wearing Roy's mask (though it's retconned so that he never did, eventually becoming better), and if Tommy didn't revive Jason at the beginning of Part 6 then we would have see a different scenario based on what the franchise was originally planning to do with Part 6: make Tommy the new Jason. So the chevrons might be a way to warn us that whoever is the murderer, it has to do with something that happens between Part 5-6 or even be a new retelling of Part 6 where the true Jason isn't revived from the grave.

Furthermore, while people have been talking about Paranoia being a mode where a counselor betrays the others, it's too easily beaten with the usage of mics or third party chat programs (e.g. Skype).

Also, the bleed effect looks like a interesting way to nerf the athletic counselors, albeit I'm not sure how bad the effect should be overall.

Edited by Trident77

Super cool to share something I've been mulling around in my head for a while and to see it so well-received.
Many thanks to everyone and more to come. :)

I'd Love for this to become a playable gamemode one day!

Guys, just had to chop down three of the replies here. It's just really excessive to have a big requote of the original post to add in a single line.

Ben posted about this back in October. No problem now, cleared up, but please keep this in mind.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/11864-rule-update-quoting/

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread!

• Thanks 1

My one problem with your "playstyles" is that they have no negative. They should have negatives to counter the positives. Like if Jason gets buffs to abilities, he gets nerfs to combat and vise versa.

Change Pistol to a Revolver