**FEAR METER**

Scaring the Counselors and invoking "FEAR".

As we all know the counselors fear is a key element, if not THE key element to easily hunt and kill them.

I like the idea that if counselors are hiding out in a cabin, and Jason KNOWS that they are in there, he could search around for the
power box to the cabin and destroy it to push a little fear into the counselors as they hide inside.

Now the only downside to this would be that the counselor, seeing the lights go out, they just might try to leave the cabin,
because after seeing the lights go out, most folks will assume, "Okay Jason's DEFINITELY on his way inside, so I should leave now".

This may or may not work for gameplay balance unless there's a reason for counselors to stay inside the cabin, and to stay hidden.
Just running around in a dark cabin by yourself would be crazy.

One interaction that I would just completely bow down to you guys eternally for, would be to somehow be able to 'disguise' the fact that Jason has entered the cabin.
Giving that, "He's inside with me.. I can feel it.. but I don't know where he is!"

Remember that scene from Part 7 where "The Neanderthal Man, Hunter-Gatherer, seeks nourishment" dude goes downstairs and if you look close, at the upper left corner of the room as he enters the kitchen, Jason is just standing there, watching him from the shadows. CREEPY AS FUCK.
I don't know how dark you plan on making these rooms when lights go out, but if you can implement these kinds of moments... (holy shit balls).

SETTING UP CORPSES

I don't see this getting placed, but still would be neat if it could..
Would be kinda neat if Jason could set corpses up in doorways, or have some way of spawning bodies that just appear to the counselor to again, invoke fear in them as they are searching.

These would be classified more as jump scares I suppose, but they would be pretty neat to experience at random for counselors.
I just worry about that if Jason manually set up bodies, it would take away from the time he SHOULD be hunting the other counselors.
And even if he did set up a body or two, chances are a counselor would never even see or interact with it.
So it would probably have to be some automatic perk that just is 'placed' when Jason uses it somewhere (cabin, barn). When used, would place bodies in that location.
They wouldn't necessarily be the bodies of the counselors playing, but OTHER people (NPCs) who were unfortunate enough to walk through Jason's woods.

• Like 4

I don't know about cutting the power, as that would trivialize thing's like the radio. (unless they are battery operated)

But the corpse idea sounds neat in concept! The biggest problem is you only have 15-20 mins to off all the survivors, so you would have to take time out to pick up the corpse and than blow a use of your relocation ability THAN plant it. and that would eat a decent amount of your cooldown's and time.

Im totally not opposed to some super homage to jasons fun with corpses tho...

How bout we let him pick up bodies and throw them threw windows at folks like in the movies... gives them a big jolt of fear!

I don't know about cutting the power, as that would trivialize thing's like the radio. (unless they are battery operated)

But the corpse idea sounds neat in concept! The biggest problem is you only have 15-20 mins to off all the survivors, so you would have to take time out to pick up the corpse and than blow a use of your relocation ability THAN plant it. and that would eat a decent amount of your cooldown's and time.

How bout we let him pick up bodies and throw them threw windows at folks like in the movies... gives them a big jolt of fear!

The window idea as long as there is that loud ambient music jump scare as it comes crashing through!

"How can they cut the power? They're animals!" [/Aliens]

On the latter point, they have mentioned that counselor bodies will remain in place (or places!) until the game ends. And that Jason can move them. I think they know just how much potential there is in, for instance, screwing with the players by returning with a car part only to find your friend Frank's body draped over it.

Bit of a classic slasher move, after all - creative posing and hiding of bodies to frighten the Final Girl at the end of the flick!

That's why I think the corpse idea would have to be a perk where it would just be a quick automatic thing that will activate once someone enters the area where you have activated it.

That way you are not really wasting precious time setting up bodies, they are set up FOR you. And in every location it would be different the way the bodies are set up and 'executed' like a booby trap when person walks over a 'hotspot' in the affected area.

Jason's pretty strong, so I do not think carrying bodies will be time consuming. Plus, this isn't a mandatory exercise. You do it if you want. So I think that it should be implemented as such. The player playing Jason will decide if it's a good or bad idea to spend 20 seconds setting up a body.

You can place bodies around the map.

Hasn't been confirmed. We're looking at both of these suggestions and have discussed them before. It all comes down to implementation and scheduling. 

Hasn't been confirmed. We're looking at both of these suggestions and have discussed them before. It all comes down to implementation and scheduling.

Ah I stand corrected. I thought I heard that confirmed somewhere, my fault. There is your answer folks. It is certainly a cool idea.

I was wrong there, too, but good it's in the conversation.

Ah I stand corrected. I thought I heard that confirmed somewhere, my fault. There is your answer folks. It is certainly a cool idea.

I also thought this was confirmed

I also thought this was confirmed

I think Ben was saying it was a definate idea but time to get it implemented is tight!

I think Ben was saying it was a definate idea but time to get it implemented is tight!

Well hopefully gets put in although it could be wasting time moving bodies it will be fun for gameplay

There's a major gameplay advantage to manipulating bodies, there's no doubt about it. Just want everyone to be aware that we're not 100% on getting it done right away. A lot of other things have to be worked on for the core game before we start to get in 'oh, wouldn't that be awesome?' type of features. 

Hope you guys understand, we just want to be up front with you. 

There's a major gameplay advantage to manipulating bodies, there's no doubt about it. Just want everyone to be aware that we're not 100% on getting it done right away. A lot of other things have to be worked on for the core game before we start to get in 'oh, wouldn't that be awesome?' type of features.

Hope you guys understand, we just want to be up front with you.

Ben it's understandable especially in a development phase. I think everyone is pretty much on the same page here.

• Like 1

Corpse placement seems like a great end-of-match accelerator. The movies did this well. As the final few characters are trying to out-maneuver Jason, it seems like there was always a corpse falling out of a tree, or blocking the escape route. Some sort of automated system for Jason to deploy this would be awesome!

• Like 1

I was under the impression that a lot of the lighting was baked in, with only a few sources being dynamic (like the councilors' flashlights).  Toggle-able lights for the cabins could be a great mechanic for both Jason and the councilors.  I could see councilors turning on cabin lights as a decoy or Jason turning on a cabin's lights to lure in councilors with high fear for an ambush.  It's got possibilities.  For the endgame, the idea of cutting power to make it harder for councilors to remove fear seems pretty solid too.

My concern with it would simply be that there's nothing really stopping Jason from cutting power to all cabins as soon as possible.  That'd leave the councilors few options for mitigating fear.  I guess you could have it as an application of Jason's rage ability.  That'd force it to be a late-game strategy and also toeing the line with the films (where Jason usually saves the tactic for the climatic battle.)

Body traps are also a solid idea, but I can see why they'd be left as a "wouldn't it be cool" feature.  As it looks right now (given current info-dumps) Jason doesn't seem like he needs the help.

• Like 1

I was under the impression that a lot of the lighting was baked in, with only a few sources being dynamic (like the councilors' flashlights).  Toggle-able lights for the cabins could be a great mechanic for both Jason and the councilors.  I could see councilors turning on cabin lights as a decoy or Jason turning on a cabin's lights to lure in councilors with high fear for an ambush.  It's got possibilities.  For the endgame, the idea of cutting power to make it harder for councilors to remove fear seems pretty solid too.

My concern with it would simply be that there's nothing really stopping Jason from cutting power to all cabins as soon as possible.  That'd leave the councilors few options for mitigating fear.  I guess you could have it as an application of Jason's rage ability.  That'd force it to be a late-game strategy and also toeing the line with the films (where Jason usually saves the tactic for the climatic battle.)

Body traps are also a solid idea, but I can see why they'd be left as a "wouldn't it be cool" feature.  As it looks right now (given current info-dumps) Jason doesn't seem like he needs the help.

i was think about something else and i thought of this topic and figure there is a fix for the killing the power problem. not all cabins would have power from a logical stand point so there would have to be lanterns or candle sticks, so there could be light but no powered lights. this also pays homage to the nes game where having a lighter is a important tool. also makes more hand held light sources available to use like a lantern to have lower fear then a flashlight.

15 - 20 minutes average.

Slasher villains always tend to have phenomenal time-management.

Slasher villains always tend to have phenomenal time-management.

So you are saying be weary of those with excellent time management skills? Lol

Never trust a man that isn't 5 minutes late! :P

• Like 1

It looks like the generator could power a lot of the cabins and houses and such.  If that is true, then Jason may actually be able to cut power or break a generator to make it dark.

• Like 1

I say it's better to give us the ability than not to. Anything can happen in a match. Jason could kill 4 councilors in quick succession, leaving plenty of time for the others. It should be up to the Jason player to plan the use of his abilities accordingly. If you spent too much time playing with dead bodies instead of making them, then you're a bad Jason. Try again. Gun Media said that 1 out of 75 matches has Jason dying, so this wouldn't hurt the gameplay at all.

It's a pretty common trope. The final girl is on the run from Jason, when the body of one of her friends drops out of a tree or the rafters of the house, scaring the crap out of her. So, will this be possible in the game?

I feel like it could be cool. Shove a body in the closet so that when a player tries to hide there, it falls out, stunning their character in fear for a moment and maybe making them scream, indicating their position on the map. It would be a nice advantage to give Jason as he takes out more and more players, letting him plan more traps to use and eliminating potential hiding locations. Even better, we could also use the same system to have Jason throw corpses threw windows, as he is known to do, to similar results. Player is stunned, giving Jason time to get into the house and take them out.