There are only so many Friday the 13th movies, meaning that there's only so many maps and so many Jason's that they can add into the game. Eventually, Gun will have to start to introduce custom maps and custom Jasons, like they did with eight bit Jason.

After taking a look at the new Friday The 13th phone app [Friday The 13th: Puzzle Killer] I came across this.

I think it would be fucking awesome for a 'Crystal Lake Ski Resort' map. Taking Jason and the counselors to a completely different setting with snow everywhere.

Along with the new map could be a new Jason. 'Frozen Jason', donning a blood-stained winter parka, wielding an ice pick  (or a ski pole) and a frozen face underneath the mask.

This also opens up new possibilities to new kills like a Hot Tub kill, a Ski Lift kill or something like a new winter-themed counselor clothing pack.

• Like 2

@zxtannas That sounds like a cool idea; And yes, you are right that We're literally about to run out of all the Jasons from the movies, Part 5 and X are literally the last Jasons in the game, with 5 coming on Tuesday, Gun has to think ahead of adding their own Unique Jason to the game (Maybe they could add Pamela.)

For the characters though, there are SO many characters in the Friday The 13th Franchise, so adding Counselors won't be an issue (the only issue would be getting rights)

• Like 1

I'm really curious at this point as to why they've got so many restrictions to work with. Why no NHA Jason? Why no FvJ Jason? Why no 2009 Jason? What on earth is the logic behind licensing most of a franchise? Fucking bureaucrats. 

The puzzle game raises some interest though because they've added their own, unique Jason characters. 

Could their be something similar added to this game? 

The problem, well, not so much of a problem as a boundary, for this game is it's obviously pushed realism as opposed to the puzzle game. If they could create a unique Jason and a unique map, as long as it felt authentic, I think it would completely work for this game. I wouldn't at all resist the idea.

• Like 1

I think the idea of a ski resort is interesting, I'm trying to picture it but feel like, something's missing. I'm going to ramble a little and see if it shakes loose. New maps that could be done, lets see, well first up is the town map.

First map - Town Map. Police station, country hospital, diner, and a few houses. Think it would have to be a large size map, but I think I'd remove the water that occupies so much of other maps. I'd use train tracks to block off the rest of town from the players, so it would go across the north side of the map, low but fenced off, then run up a hill and block the east or west side of town with an embankment. Would use the forest and terrain tactic the Devs use on the other sides of the map, locking you into a small section. The embankment would have one tunnel leading to freedom, and the road would run across the south edge, to the other exit in toward the camps. Couple trailers in an off season trailer park on that side, fencing again blocking off the map.

Second map - Road Map. I want to be able to leave camp, so this is what I propose, when you exit any map, there exist an opportunity to go to the Roads map. It's a just a bunch of interconnected paved and dirt roads but it connects all the maps in the game, giving you a chance to play a different mode. It could be fun to see how it all connects, where each camp lies on Crystal Lake. The roads themselves can be confined to gorges, with rock walls on either side. It should be large enough to explain why you can't just leave the map early. You'd be good as dead, almost nowhere to hide, no weapons but sticks. The map screen in this map would give you the locations where you can enter the camps, and a rough view of the half of the lake where it all is located. One sealed entrance would be marked Ski Resort, coming soon, it would be beside the exit to town I think, with the house maps kinda breaking up the shoreline. Dirt roads leading between them, with small forests linking some exit gates. As for the mode, it would be a race to town. Jason would receive huge but fair boosts to shift and morph, as counsellors start with cars, or a boat(I'd skip the boat chase unless it gives you access to the Lazarus). The roads would have both random dead falls, and trees Jason has prepared as traps. Give him one or two homemade spike stripes, to slow but not stop the car. The counsellors would have only what they had with them when leaving, and what ever their luck allows them to find in the cars. I imagine escaping, only for four of us survive to be chased, realizing that we can't make it, we turn through a gate early and find ourselves in a different camp, our car running out of gas. This would be amazing, a new twenty minute time starts, so we rush to call the cops, but it's going to take longer, 2 extra minutes the roads are a mess, and they think it might be a prank, it is the second call tonight. I would pay for this, it might not be possible, but they could have my money to make it happen.

Third Map - The Cabin, this idea would require the permission of a couple people. I think they would go for it, if we asked nicely. I think the only thing that could make me love this game more is if I found myself at Professor Knowby's Cabin from Evil Dead. The attention to detail in this game is awe inspiring, can you imagine how cool that would be. I'm done, that's it for this one, I want to be surprised so I'm not going to suggest anything else. But damn does the thought excite me. 

I think I know what it is about a ski resort that bothers me. Hockey jokes, people will make hockey jokes, and I won't know what the hell their talking about. Anyways great topic, hope to read other people's responses later.

• Like 1

Could the community weigh in on the idea of an all connecting Road Map? I'd really like to see how it all fits together, or visiting different camps to escape Jason. Any feed back you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ski Resort? Are there ski resorts in New Jersey?

A winter map would be cool. Kind of an "off season" map with the camp shuttered up and plenty of snow.