So with all the different kinds of counsellors and Jason's, I was wondering if anybody was going to adopt certain play styles when playing as each one.

For example, when playing as the Head Counsellor, or the Edgy Guy, if you're going to be more courageous and maybe make some self sacrifices for the benefit of others, whereas if you're playing as the Preppy Guy or Flirty Girl, you might actively screw others over so you can escape. Was one of the things I thought might be most interesting about playing the different counsellor classes.

Same goes with the different Jasons, although to a lesser extent. More brutish and aggressive when playing any zombie Jason forms, but more stealthy and creepy when playing his human forms.

Don't know if anybody had the same idea?

• Like 2

The devs have already said each counselor type will have certain benefits and weaknesses that players would be wise to play towards to survive. A few made up examples off the top of my head would be the jock can carry more and run longer, but is louder and easier to raise the fear meter on. Using those examples, he'd be good to use for fetch quest items, but you'd probably want to have someone with him to protect him in case his fear meter gets raised and needs help getting away from Jason.

Yeah I know, that's really cool and will definitely make each character interesting to play as, but I'm also wondering how/if the player themselves will change how they play between characters. Like, if they'll start playing characters how they'd expect their personality to be. Like, sure, The Jock's the strongest and such, but is he gonna risk his life to save others using his strength, or is he gonna run off and leave the others to die so he can save himself? That's down to the player.

Honestly you will have those types that will play against the stats that I see no one talking about and people playing with the stats. I guess the against side you would take to be "noobs" when you get adjusted yourself to knowing the game and how to use your different abilities to get things done faster. I feel like I would be a mix match of both, honestly if I have a counselor who wasn't good at repairing and what IF no one else was around to help me that was. I'm on my own and feel like this car is my only survival and I got every mechanical part myself, I would pray and try running away and coming back when safe if Jason comes around, lol.

Also that's a good one, role playing you mentioned. On and off but internally I'm a final girl/guy, I feel it and embrace it lol. ;-)

• Like 1

I absolutely love love love horror movie archetypes and im ddfinitely going to be plaging as a meathead brave jock and a scared silent Bookish girl, etc...

However, the fact that this is our own horror movie makes me wanna play with the archetypes in ways horror movies dont. Im really eager to try some games as a ruthless and selfish Girl next door whose ready to trip you over if it gives her a better chance, and a Terminator Flirty girl whose going to 1. Find a weapon and 2. Whack Jason like a piñata and save her friends haha

• Like 2

Haha, that's pretty interesting, working against the types and how they usually would be, especially like the idea of a super badass Flirty Girl.

I'm definitely gonna try and play the characters how I think they'd act in an actual horror movie the best way I can. The Preppy Guy I can imagine actively screwing over others to help himself, so if I'm feeling in a particularly evil mood I guess I'll play as him. Edgy Guy I feel would probably pull a 'Go on, I'll hold him off', and then have a small stand off with Jason before he ultimately meets his end. I mean, you might lose that way, but it would be a bad ass way to lose.

• Like 2

My play style is leaving you all for dead. I'm living dammit! Lol

I believe i gave the exact same answer on another thread lol

I believe i gave the exact same answer on another thread lol

It's a great plan. Great minds think alike!

It's a great plan. Great minds think alike!

It may be a team game but in the end against a crazy psycho like Jason its every man/woman for themselves. First to get the boat or car fixed gets out i say no time to wait for others sorry lol

Specifics are incoming. Still working on balance, but we have a very good idea where we want to be with each character. You should assume stereotypes when playing as specific characters for what they'll be good and bad at. 

• Like 7

I'm really excited to see how I play as each different character! Of course I'll have my own objectives but I'm usually a team player. I'm all about surviving though so in the end that's my goal!

I feel I'm gonna be too busy trying to stay alive and succeed to roleplay them much!

Although, the character types will provide the help there. Although, it can be fun (if really difficult) when you're pushed into doing something you're not good at due to lack of survivors.

My goal will be to ultimately find out the measures it takes to kill Jason. Once the game releases I'm hoping their will be a group on Steam devoted to gathering weapons / traps to destroy him as our match strategy... I'd like to do that honestly.

I mean why not challenge yourself? I'm sure it'll be the hardest achievement in the game to obtain so really, might as well shoot for the stars right out of the gate. LOL. I think once that's discovered and I'm successful at it, I'll definitely be trying to survive at all costs.

As for personality, I'm a fairly selfish player unless I'm actively communicating with a group and we're strategizing... Knowing I can take a risk and it not being a complete suicide mission puts me in a more open position for self sacrificing maneuvers. If I'm playing with randoms and no one cares, then it's everyone for themselves.

I'm looking to play more of the nerdy / athletic role... if I'm not trying to fix something then I'd definitely want to be able to kite Jason around as a sporty chick or something who can run faster than all the other counselors.

• Like 1

I'll defiantly be playing as how I think the characters would act in real life but I'm a chicken as well so I don't see myself as a hero, well maybe under the right circumstance s but we never really know until I play

So with all the different kinds of counsellors and Jason's, I was wondering if anybody was going to adopt certain play styles when playing as each one.

For example, when playing as the Head Counsellor, or the Edgy Guy, if you're going to be more courageous and maybe make some self sacrifices for the benefit of others, whereas if you're playing as the Preppy Guy or Flirty Girl, you might actively screw others over so you can escape. Was one of the things I thought might be most interesting about playing the different counsellor classes.

Same goes with the different Jasons, although to a lesser extent. More brutish and aggressive when playing any zombie Jason forms, but more stealthy and creepy when playing his human forms.

Don't know if anybody had the same idea?

i get what you hint at but NO

im gonna play as flirty girl but i don't plan on screwing people over. i intend on helping out as much as possible to make it through the game without being mean

Outsider type: AJ Mason (Rocker Chick) and Adam Palomino (Edgy Guy)

Fitness type: Brandon Wilson (Jock) and Vanessa Jones (Athletic Girl)

Smart type: Deborah Kim (Bookish Girl) and Eric Lachoppa (Nerd/Class Clown)

Popular type: Chad Kensington (Preppy Guy) and Tiffany Cox (Flirty Girl)

Final guy / girl type: Jenny (The Girl next door) and Kenny (Head Counselor)

friend of mine pointed out the couples as written above, none of them have an actual reason to screw others over because everyone is needed to make it out

• Like 1

i get what you hint at but NO

im gonna play as flirty girl but i don't plan on screwing people over. i intend on helping out as much as possible to make it through the game without being mean

Outsider type: AJ Mason (Rocker Chick) and Adam Palomino (Edgy Guy)

Fitness type: Brandon Wilson (Jock) and Vanessa Jones (Athletic Girl)

Smart type: Deborah Kim (Bookish Girl) and Eric Lachoppa (Nerd/Class Clown)

Popular type: Chad Kensington (Preppy Guy) and Tiffany Cox (Flirty Girl)

Final guy / girl type: Jenny (The Girl next door) and Kenny (Head Counselor)

friend of mine pointed out the couples as written above, none of them have an actual reason to screw others over because everyone is needed to make it out

Jennys last name is, Myers btw

Jennys last name is, Myers btw

Where did it say Myers??? i only seen her first name so far

Where did it say Myers??? i only seen her first name so far

Randy read off all of their names in a livestream last Friday, Where did you get the others names from?

Randy read off all of their names in a livestream last Friday, Where did you get the others names from?

from mr phoenix