gtdjlocker311

Very simple fix to counselors waiting at exit

Counselors who escape should get an XP bonus inversely proportional  to how long it took them to escape (the quicker you escape, the bigger bonus you get).

Counselors who don't escape still get the XP bonus how it is now (the longer you last, the bigger bonus you get).

I mean, if you're gonna escape, shouldn't you get rewarded for doing it as quickly as possible?

• Thanks 1

That seems like a pretty good idea. It just annoys me when you're spectating the other counselors who call the police, run to them at the exit, and just stand there waiting for Jason for whatever reason. I mean, if you're at the exit, just go! Ha ha

The simple solution is to have the cops leave after a certain time. 

Think about it. If the cops see you throwing a dance party when you or someone called for help, you are just wasting their time.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Loading said:

Think about it. If the cops see you throwing a dance party when you or someone called for help, you are just wasting their time.

Can this guy have an award for one of the best posts ever on this forum?

2 minutes ago, Loading said:

I agree with this, another good idea.

Easiest solution is to simply make sure Jason isn't a bitch.

No one is gonna wait around to escape if they actually have reason to fear Jason.

The idea of the police leaving after a certain time completely discredits how difficult it can be to call the cops against a good Jason player.

• Like 2

There was someone in our lobby who was dicking off at the exit taunting Jason and waiting for him to grab and stunning Jason over and over.  The last person in our group came in as tommy, took the car and ran said player over three feet from the exit.  Talk about salt...  I don't normally condone that type of reaction, but in this case I thought it was justified.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

There was someone in our lobby who was dicking off at the exit taunting Jason and waiting for him to grab and stunning Jason over and over.  The last person in our group came in as tommy, took the car and ran said player over three feet from the exit.  Talk about salt...  I don't normally condone that type of reaction, but in this case I thought it was justified.  

I ran over 3 dancers on my way out (solo) in the 4 seater once.

Probably my proudest moment in this game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Just make Jason strong again and nerf counselor's and that will stop most people from running up to Jason. I personally love the dance emotes (I think we might be getting more soon). ?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Loading said:

I agree with this.

I have to totally disagree , what happens when your  the guy trying to  make his way all the way  across the map ? and the cops leave before you can get there? no sir

28 minutes ago, handzen said:

I have to totally disagree , what happens when your  the guy trying to  make his way all the way  across the map ? and the cops leave before you can get there? no sir

That's a good point actually. Maybe if they had the time until the cops leave the same as the time it would take to get across the map, or just a little over that?

No because some times you have to ditch into a building and avoid Jason some how

we already have a time limit in the match lets leave  it to that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, handzen said:

How about if someone is within the cops line of vision (right the fuck in front of them) for, say, 2 minutes then the cops say screw this and leave. Sure, someone could potentially ruin other peoples chance of escaping, but they could also counter that by allowing you to just call the cops again. 

19 hours ago, JasonLives86 said:

That seems like a pretty good idea. It just annoys me when you're spectating the other counselors who call the police, run to them at the exit, and just stand there waiting for Jason for whatever reason. I mean, if you're at the exit, just go! Ha ha

Yes it is annoying to have to spectate people being silly.  But as it is now, the XP system provides an incentive to taking as long as possible to escape.  You may not like it, but that's the way the game mechanics are currently set up.

I agree with others who state the BEST solution would be for Jason to be tougher.  But the SIMPLEST fix for NOW would be to incentivize a quick escape.

20 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Yes it is annoying to have to spectate people being silly.  But as it is now, the XP system provides an incentive to taking as long as possible to escape.  You may not like it, but that's the way the game mechanics are currently set up.

I agree with others who state the BEST solution would be for Jason to be tougher.  But the SIMPLEST fix for NOW would be to incentivize a quick escape.

I completely agree.

17 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

I ran over 3 dancers on my way out (solo) in the 4 seater once.

Probably my proudest moment in this game.

Lol, awesome. :)

Agree though with a small time based bonus from the time the cops arrive until the player exits.

I don't remember if I've ever dealt with this as Jason but let them dance at the cop's exit.

Most of the time Jason picks a couple of them off which is fun to spectate.

I have always thought the XP for escaping was completely bass-ackwards.  If you escape, the quicker you do it, the higher you should get.  If you die, the longer that you survived, the higher you should get.

And I’ve always LOVED the idea that the cops are only there for a period of time.  5 mins as the base with it increasing if you have the ‘My dads a cop’ perk. 

• Like 1

...Or the Police changes their Position every 2 minutes (to the other Exit) - if no one is showing up/escaping (or just dancing).

I don't mind.  As Jason, it gives me a last shot at counselors that have evaded me earlier.  As counselors it give me a opportunity to practice combat and jukes and have an escape.  I usually stay as long as my weapon maintains, I don't care if I still have a Pocket Knife or not.

• Like 1