This is very similar to the arguments and screen posting fests for people trying to pinpoint what color the original Michael Myers coveralls were in H1, as it too has the issue of looking green in some scenes (outdoors), and blue in other dark scenes.

Another factor that messes with us besides movie lighting, is that these suits are beat and up and weathered, they are made dirty and beat up on purpose which also affects what color they come off as.

Without wanting to kick off another colouring controversy, having just rewatched Part V, I'm pretty sure Roy's boots should be dark brown, not black, too:

UrkeQRM.png

3 minutes ago, Veevleigh said:

Without wanting to kick off another colouring controversy, having just rewatched Part V, I'm pretty sure Roy's boots should be dark brown, not black, too:

UrkeQRM.png

But they are boots! BOOTS!!!

Who cares about boots???

17 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

But they are boots! BOOTS!!!

Who cares about boots???

Hey, footwear is important!

But in a game that's put so much time in to modelling these characters accurately, it'd be nice to see something that can be fixed as easily as by changing a texture fixed, right?

Just now, Veevleigh said:

Hey, footwear is important!

But in a game that's put so much time in to modelling these characters accurately, it'd be nice to see something that can be fixed as easily as by changing a texture fixed, right?

Right :)

1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

@ShiftySamurai Oh lord, here we go again.

#MakeRoy'sBootsBrownAgain

Haha, well, hey, it works for the coveralls, right?

(Although I doubt they'll bother with this!).

56 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Not taking this one to the team.

Good, they have more important things to worry about. Who the fuck is looking at his shoes while he's chasing you down? Play the game and stop worrying about every little detail...

29 minutes ago, Truth said:

Bom, eles têm coisas mais importantes para se preocupar. Quem diabos está olhando seus sapatos enquanto ele está te perseguindo? Jogue o jogo e pare de se preocupar com cada pequeno detalhe ...

I care...

1 minute ago, i-cold said:

I care...

Why?

Looking at Shifty's image, they look brown to me.

Just now, Truth said:

Por quê?

Because is a part 5 costume, So it has to be the same, nothing different. When Roy was released, I thought it was very weird in that blue outfit, I knew something was wrong.

2 minutes ago, i-cold said:

Because is a part 5 costume, So it has to be the same, nothing different. When Roy was released, I thought it was very weird in that blue outfit, I knew something was wrong.

I get the jumpsuit, but the shoes seem like a very minute detail. Especially since you should be running from him, not admiring his choice of footwear...

In the end, does it really matter if his shoes are brown or black? Adjust your gamma a bit and they all look the same.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Truth said:

I get the jumpsuit, but the shoes seem like a very minute detail. Especially since you should be running from him, not admiring his choice of footwear...

In the end, does it really matter if his shoes are brown or black? Adjust your gamma a bit and they all look the same.

Wait wait wait wait wait, are you telling me you DON’T take time to admire Jason’s shoes while you’re being chased? Geez, I knew there were weird people on the forums, but not THAT weird...

On 1/27/2018 at 4:27 PM, John Wick said:

The no name wasn’t meant in offense, just comparing you, one of the faceless posters here(like myself) to the actual dev team. Those guys are just as big, if not bigger fans of the franchise than we are and most likely have more access to material that we don’t. Which is why I said I trust them when it comes to things like this. Or hell, maybe they just made the change for the sake of it. Jason has worn a lot of green, maybe they wanted to give Roy something new.

Still trust them over a no name? ?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

I mean, are they brown, are they black? Who's to say.

Not taking this one to the team.

2018-03-19 09_24_04-5aa1a041b13ac_GreenRoy(1).png.c318634a817ecd81e978ce5a600acd37.png (684×435).png

Didn't expect a response. Looks like dark chocolate to me.
Wasn't trying to start something again, was kind of joking.

EDIT: Photoshop confirms they are brown. Good job.

IF3F76s.png

This means I'm going to have to buy some brown boots for my Roy costume... in 15 wide. $$$

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NORMAL COAT said:

Wait wait wait wait wait, are you telling me you DON’T take time to admire Jason’s shoes while you’re being chased? Geez, I knew there were weird people on the forums, but not THAT weird...

Yeah I'm one fucked up dude...

• Haha 1

I've kept my mouth shut since the game launched but after seeing the devs listen and fix Roy's coveralls and now with this genius bringing up his boots, I feel it's the right time to bring this up. You devs messed up, you obviously got Jason wearing boxers and you can tell this by how all the running Jason's seem to have huge wedgies, just look at how uncomfortable looking of a run they perform, it's cuz their tight pants have ran their boxers right up in their cracks!! but any true fan of Friday the 13th would know that Jason is a boxer briefs wearer, so was roy for that matter, please please make Roy and Jason skid mark free again!!!

31 minutes ago, uberXJoshua said:

I've kept my mouth shut since the game launched but after seeing the devs listen and fix Roy's coveralls and now with this genius bringing up his boots, I feel it's the right time to bring this up. You devs messed up, you obviously got Jason wearing boxers and you can tell this by how all the running Jason's seem to have huge wedgies, just look at how uncomfortable looking of a run they perform, it's cuz their tight pants have ran their boxers right up in their cracks!! but any true fan of Friday the 13th would know that Jason is a boxer briefs wearer, so was roy for that matter, please please make Roy and Jason skid mark free again!!!

You couldn't be more wrong...

Everyone knows Jason goes freeballing...

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

You must've skipped bonus features of Friday the 13 XIII: Jason Gets A Celebrity Endorsement, it is proven there that he wears Haynes boxer briefs!! Remember the jingle, Wait til we get our Haynes on you, and the shot of Jason choking someone for guessing wrongly that Jason was wearing boxers!, God am I the only one who pays attention!

3 minutes ago, uberXJoshua said:

You must've skipped bonus features of Friday the 13 XIII: Jason Gets A Celebrity Endorsement, it is proven there that he wears Haynes boxer briefs!! Remember the jingle, Wait til we get our Haynes on you, and the shot of Jason choking someone for guessing wrongly that Jason was wearing boxers!, God am I the only one who pays attention!

Psshhh Part 13 was worse than part 10... Nobody cares about that one.

Check out Part 12 again (Jason Takes the Beach) and you will clearly see that at exactly 47:29 in the movie his balls are hanging out of his shorts...

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

Psshhh Part 13 was worse than part 10... Nobody cares about that one.

Check out Part 12 again (Jason Takes the Beach) and you will clearly see that at exactly 47:29 in the movie his balls are hanging out of his shorts...

You are right you definitely are but that's just cuz that scene had ball contrast in the lighting, big easy mistake to make! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Truth said:

And I'm Freeee

Free-ballin', and I'm, free-ballin'

FREE-BALLIN'

Free-ballin', and I'm, free-ballin'