2 minutes ago, Dogmatic said:

It's never going to get fixed, so it might just be best to deal with it. The blue color is the official color, as approved by New Line and the other rights holders. They're not going to just up and change it because three or four people are upset with it.

It would be simple for them to create an additional J5 skin for the green version. Just give us both and let the players choose which they prefer. It's not our fault the rights holders approved the bathed in blue lightning color for his green suit.

14 minutes ago, Dogmatic said:

It's never going to get fixed, so it might just be best to deal with it. The blue color is the official color, as approved by New Line and the other rights holders. They're not going to just up and change it because three or four people are upset with it.

The rights holders care about selling merchandise, not about film accuracy. The earlier Roy toy had blue fabric coveralls but the all-plastic NECA toy has clearly green or teal coveralls, which I consider to be a correction.

2 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The rights holders care about selling merchandise, not about film accuracy. The earlier Roy toy had blue fabric coveralls but the all-plastic NECA toy has clearly green or teal coveralls, which I consider to be a correction.

There is no all plastic figure based on Roy. NECA has only done the MEGO style with the fabric clothes. With blue overalls.

friday-the-13th-part-5-jason-roy-clothed

The only "solid" figure done was the Funko Pop. With blue overalls.

51JIMynty7L._SX355_.jpg

11 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

It would be simple for them to create an additional J5 skin for the green version. Just give us both and let the players choose which they prefer. It's not our fault the rights holders approved the bathed in blue lightning color for his green suit.

This is the company that hasn't given us dedicated servers, new game modes, bug free gaming, well balanced gameplay, or consistant... anything that hundreds of people have been clamoring and asking for. What makes you think that three or four people are going to make them add a new skin for Roy?

17 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I couldn't find an all-plastic NECA Roy that had been unaltered. I only found this one. He IS green, but it says he was repainted.

http://www.figurerealm.com/customfigure?action=view&id=36990

17 minutes ago, Dogmatic said:

There is no all plastic figure based on Roy. NECA has only done the MEGO style with the fabric clothes. With blue overalls.

The only "solid" figure done was the Funko Pop. With blue overalls.

Wrong.

30709d1431144690-roy3.jpg

Green. Kind of teal looking.

But besides, you shouldn't use TOYS as evidence. Use the damn film itself.

Michael Myers wore spruce green big mac brand coveralls from JC Penny in Halloween 1 & 2, the same set between films, even. Dick Warlock played Michael Myers in H2. Dick Warlock was the stunt coordinator for F13 part 5. It is logical to conclude they used the same brand and color coveralls for Roy in F13 part 5.

2 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Wrong.

Green.

I looked online for one in the box, but couldn't find one. Have you? That would help to prove lack of alteration.

2 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I looked online for one in the box, but couldn't find one. Have you? That would help to prove lack of alteration.

found this post on a toy collector forum:

http://www.toyark.com/neca-roy-burns-aka-impostor-jason-friday-13th-part-5-a-166801/

The guy says it's "custom" but he only says he painted the hands. He didn't say he painted the coveralls.

6 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Wrong.

Green.

It's a nice Myers repaint you got there.

5269985f-c6b4-41b3-b75a-14094537ee41.JPG

NECA, Mezco or McFarlane have never made a non-cloth clothed Part V figure. Ever. 

1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

You can't be serious. Did you not read the text of the post?

"My custom Neca Roy Burns (the impostor Jason Voorhees from Friday the 13th Part 5: A New Beginning. 

The figure is made up of a Michael Myers body and a Roy Burns retro head. The figure has a sculpted collar and neck to blend the head. The hands are painted red for a bloody effect.

The front packaging is Photoshopped to include Roy Burns' name and the movie poster for part 5. The back includes new text and a concept for a part 6 Jason. "

@Dogmatic I may stand corrected in regard to the TOY, but not the film. Roy wears green. Dick Warlock wears green as Michael Myers, coordinates the stunts for F13 5, it's not a small stretch of the imagination that he'd have Tom Morga wear spruce green Big Macs. Roy wears green in the film. The toys are wrong.

As long as that point came across. I was getting worried there. ;)

On 27/01/2018 at 9:48 PM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

@ShiftySamurai @Gertz @Randygbk I color corrected Roy's coveralls to be the correct screen-accurate green color. Now tell me, which of the following things is not like the other?

First image in higher quality here.

QslVBrv.png

XH8sVV5.png

EDIT: Found another shot, this time in the DAYTIME, of Roy's sleeves. They're green.

752137075_34.bmp

Below is a behind-the-scenes photo taken from an entirely different camera with absolutely no blue lighting or post-process filtering to skew the image. There is only natural lighting, and it is definitely dark green.

friday_the_13th_part_5.jpg?resize=620,40

Totally.

I think there's a fantastic way to resolve this: the original jumpsuit MUST still exist somewhere. Why doesn't someone try to find images of IT, rather than going off dark images from the film or from toys? Wouldn't that definitively answer the question?

3 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I think there's a fantastic way to resolve this: the original jumpsuit MUST still exist somewhere. Why doesn't someone try to find images of IT, rather than going off dark images from the film or from toys? Wouldn't that definitively answer the question?

I would hope so, but with F13 part 5 not being so well received, it wouldn't surprise me if those coveralls were lost to time, either thrown in the trash or collecting dust in some old box stashed in someone's garage. The coveralls from Halloween 1 & 2 survived because those films were so iconic and Michael Myers a horror legend. Roy, not so much.

29 minutes ago, Dogmatic said:

It's a nice Myers repaint you got there.

5269985f-c6b4-41b3-b75a-14094537ee41.JPG

NECA, Mezco or McFarlane have never made a non-cloth clothed Part V figure. Ever. 

Those don’t look the same to me.

It is up in the air if @GunMedia will do anything about the incorrect color of Roy’s coveralls.

there is more than enough evidence in this thread that show how the color to all Roy related merchandise and in game model coveralls color is incorrect, and at this point there are more important things that Gun and illfonic have to address before this.

The point of the thread was to make the art direction/team of the game take notice and hopefully give us fans a more screen accurate version of Roy in the future.

( compared to all the other awesome screen accurate details and models in the game Roy stands out as a rush job.... In my opinion)

3 hours ago, Blaisy-Bas said:

Those don’t look the same to me.

Hence the keyword: custom, meaning the owner altered the base figure from a MM figure into a Roy figure.

40 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

Hence the keyword: custom, meaning the owner altered the base figure from a MM figure into a Roy figure.

It’s weird because some parts of the overall look very similar while other parts look different.

Maybe it’s the angle and also the lightning.

But the Myers figure looks awful! 

On 1/27/2018 at 2:48 PM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I color corrected Roy's coveralls to be the correct screen-accurate green color. Now tell me, which of the following things is not like the other?

If this actually happens and they change it, I bet you'll say, "Great! Now I have a Jason to play on St. Patrick's Day!"

tumblr_nd2cql8Pka1tdo66yo1_500.gif

16 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

It is up in the air if @GunMedia will do anything about the incorrect color of Roy’s coveralls.

there is more than enough evidence in this thread that show how the color to all Roy related merchandise and in game model coveralls color is incorrect, and at this point there are more important things that Gun and illfonic have to address before this.

The point of the thread was to make the art direction/team of the game take notice and hopefully give us fans a more screen accurate version of Roy in the future.

( compared to all the other awesome screen accurate details and models in the game Roy stands out as a rush job.... In my opinion)

I think it would be an easy fix. They'd open up the texture files in photoshop or whatever, then apply a hue/saturation filter and drag it from blue to green and darken it just a bit, then export the files and apply them to the model. People do this all the time with Skyrim armor and clothing re-textures. It can be done in literally a few minutes, maybe up to a couple hours if they need to do more than just a color filter such as multiple layers(like diffuse, specular, normal maps, etc). It would be a one-man job for less than an afternoon. They might need a couple days seeing as all the Jasons now have multiple bloody textures, but it's a simple fix compared to the more complex bugs we currently have.

44 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

If this actually happens and they change it, I bet you'll say, "Great! Now I have a Jason to play on St. Patrick's Day!"

You know what, St. Patrick's Day is on March 17th. It would be a fantastic tie-in to release it a small hotfix and a kind of double entendre regarding the color correction.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

You know what, St. Patrick's Day is on March 17th. It would be a fantastic tie-in to release it a small hotfix and a kind of double entendre regarding the color correction.

I will be honest. I can't see them CHANGING Roy's jumpsuit to Green.

HOWEVER -- I COULD see them offering a green jumpsuit as a skin OPTION for Roy -- kind of like the "bloody" skin option, where you can toggle either blue or green when selecting your "Jason".  . . . er, Roy.

Seems like quite an easy way to make some folks happy.

Also, why can't you prominently see Roy's eyeballs in the game? You can in the movie?

HOWEVER -- I COULD see them offering a green jumpsuit as a skin OPTION for Roy -- kind of like the "bloody" skin option, where you can toggle either blue or green when selecting your "Jason".  . . . er, Roy.

Also, why can't you prominently see Roy's eyeballs in the game? You can in the movie?

Changing the color would be one of the more easier things to do. I'm not even a programmer to figure that out. They will fix it eventually.

Maybe it could be an option, but that might make toggling through the skins a little annoying because you'd have to toggle through all your bloody skins for one color to get to the other. I can understand that maybe they might not want to just eschew all the work that went into making the original blue coveralls. It's an easy mistake to make, especially when all the merchandise for Roy has him portrayed wearing blue. But they've done so much to achieve film accuracy so far that they should accept when they make a mistake and correct it. Part 5 is notoriously under-appreciated despite being better than part 8 and 9 in my personal opinion, once you get over it not being Jason.

In the future I'd like to see them correct the shape of the part 6 mask and slim down part 2 Jason to match Roy's build in the game, since Jason was not a hulk but rather of average build in part 2.