Sign in to follow this  
servocrow89

PS4-Error! Unknown error while joining game session!

1st time posting here and hopefully can receive some assistance.  Since this morning, I've attempted to log into a session via the Friday the 13th community room and get this "Error! Unknown error while joining game session!".  So I next try to just click on quick play and the checking for sessions timer starts but nothing happens.  I've restarted my PS4 and router and everything seems fine since I can play other games online.  Any suggestions

The only thing that works for me is to sign in under a different user account. You sure that it just started today? My problems began on Tuesday. 

Another person with an issue I can' get on the game :( I have xbox one it says database login failure!

Last time I played online was last Saturday and haven't been on since attempting this morning.  I now get a message  after waiting several minutes in quick play..."Error! Failed to host game session! Verify you have an internet connection"  Again my internet is fine and no problems with other games.  Should I delete and reinstall the game?  Also if I go that route, do I lose all of my progression?

24 minutes ago, servocrow89 said:

Last time I played online was last Saturday and haven't been on since attempting this morning.  I now get a message  after waiting several minutes in quick play..."Error! Failed to host game session! Verify you have an internet connection"  Again my internet is fine and no problems with other games.  Should I delete and reinstall the game?  Also if I go that route, do I lose all of my progression?

You are describing EXACTLY what I been going through. Don’t bother reinstalling because it wont work. I have been at this for 4 days and have tried everything, including that. The only thing that has solved it is to sign in under my daughter’s account, and I only discovered that a few hours ago. 

3 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

You are describing EXACTLY what I been going through. Don’t bother reinstalling because it wont work. I have been at this for 4 days and have tried everything, including that. The only thing that has solved it is to sign in under my daughter’s account, and I only discovered that a few hours ago. 

Ok so I'm not the only one I can't get On either guys I have xbox one. I have use my little bro account in order to play online. If i don't it gives me database login failure.

17 minutes ago, servocrow89 said:

Oh no....If I have to log into another account then I have to start from level 0...I am currently level 101.

I feel your pain: 83 here. 

It’s possible that this all may be resolved with next week’s update. Honestly I’m skeptical. 

2 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

It’s possible that this all may be resolved with next week’s update. Honestly I’m skeptical. 

The only way it' letting me on without giving me database login failure is by using a guest account or my little bro account on Xbox one

28 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I guess I will have wait and see if the patch on Tuesday corrects it but I'm skeptical too.  Have you tried reporting this to Gun/illfonic?

Hey guys

PSN has been shotty all week, they just posted this about an hour ago:

It is account based which may explain why some accounts get it and some dont. There are currently close to 10,000 people playing on PS4 right now.

- Gertz

• Thanks 2

I haven't been able to play since midnight Wednesday.  Our internet went out and my shitty ass internet provider won't be out to fix their line until Monday possibly Tuesday.   Friggin hacks.  I suggest no one ever use frontier if they have other options.  

Thanks Gertz.  I just tried that and it worked, I was able to join a session on my account.  Thanks for the quick response and really appreciate all the work you guys do!

2 hours ago, Gertz said:

Hey guys

PSN has been shotty all week, they just posted this about an hour ago:

It is account based which may explain why some accounts get it and some dont. There are currently close to 10,000 people playing on PS4 right now.

- Gertz

Thanks. Will try tonight!