Sign in to follow this  

Roy Jason should have a level requirement

I think it was very strange of them not putting a level requirement to unlock him. It was the same for Shelley.

Unlockables shouldn't just be clothing and skins. If they add characters and more Jasons they have to have requirements so it can give people more incentive to play the game more. I don't think anybody plays this to unlock new clothes. They do it more for the bigger stuff. 

If the next counselor and Uber Jason don't have level requirements too, its going to look stupid. I don't see how its difficult to program a level requirement.

I wouldn't worry much about it, I think level requirements are the LEAST of our worries. 

Who is gonna care about level requirements if the Jason is just going to become a Pinata. 

I like that there isn't one. Draws people back in, even just to maybe try the new Jason hopefully, and the patch that comes with it will hopefully provide those that left the game with a better experience.

If there was a level requirement it might actually send more people into offline to grind the XP needed to level up instead of going onto online to play with everyone else.

Level Requirements make no sense in a game like this.. IMO  If you want to lock yourself out of content based on levels do it yourself.

Honestly I'm glad they're not locking Roy behind a certain level. I remember having to grind to unlock part 4 Jason. To me, the problem with level requirements is not everyone has time to play the game endlessly. 

I think @MRWood204 is right.. The playerbase has been on a steady decline over the past few months so a new "Jason" without a level requirement makes complete sense if it is trying to entice people to come back even if it is only for a brief time. 

This also might be a move to appease the console players who have been royally shafted since the game launched. It's kinda hard to level when you can barely complete one game every two hours.

I have to say that I approve of this move. I haven't said this in a long time, but well done Gun.

• Like 1

The motivation to play should be because you enjoy the game.  I never liked artificial collector mentality to "make" people play.

I agree with others sentiment, that free at start is a bigger draw to bring players back to see what is up, rather than artificially extend their play just to get to the new content to see what is up.

Kudos.

I'll gladly take earning CP to buy new kills as an "extended play" model, along with the clothes.

3 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Why? Doesn’t affect you either way. And benefits the people that actually have lives and can’t grind to level up. 

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1