Sign in to follow this  
i-cold

A new kickstarter for Campaign mode

What would you think of a new Crowdfunding for a campaign mode with CGs and etc based on the movies Part 1 until Jason X based on movies sequence obvious but not equal. It would be faithful to the events with Jason but different with counselours and counselors. With Roy's trailer we saw a small example of how cool it would look CG´S:

I would help and you?

I think requesting more money now would be a horrible move on their part. They need to finish what they started. Then they can start asking for more money.

• Confused 1

If you sell 2 million copies of a game at just $20 a pop, you shouldn't need crowd funding. No way. And if at least half of those sell at $40? Do the math. 

That's $60,000,000.00

If the creators got themselves in to a bad deal and only up with 10% of that in the end that's still 6 million dollars.

If you can't manage that then, well, I don't know what to say. 

They do not need crowd funding. 

• Thanks 1

It Costs Millions of dollars to make a video game.

Members of Gun explained this costs in the early days of the forum.

Bethesda and all those big game studios spend millions on creating a video game.

if this game were to stretch out into a full story campaign it would absolutley need croud funding.

big game studios spend 50 million or more dollars on video game design.

• Thanks 1

i would actually be interested in donating to a physical disc version of the game that has all the offline modes on it,once the game is finished.Don't really like the online mode,have no desire to go back to online mode.I prefer the offline mode and the other ideas people have been posting for more offline content.

1 hour ago, Patriots1 said:

Bethesda and all those big game studios spend millions on creating a video game.

if this game were to stretch out into a full story campaign it would absolutley need croud funding.

exactly. To be honest, to code a decent AI for this game is not that easy and will cost alot of time and money. The acting of the bots shows exactly how far this project can go at this stage. Its too complex.

Let's face it, this isn't Call of Duty or any other yearly franchise game, if we get a sequel it isn't going to be for a long time if there is even plans for a follow-up.

In order to keep this game alive after the current DLC roadmap is finished I would gladly fund any future expansion whether through paid DLC or Crowd funding.

• Like 1

I Belive that Illfonic could try to fund a story campaign for this game.

The funding would take a long time.

Maybe they could let us know why they cant go further while be granted the use of the Friday the 13th title and charachters.

Maybe they could worship the underworldly lord known as Deborah Kim and have her at an occult table and butcher a whole bunch of chads on her table and put demonic symbols made of blood across the entire room while screaming demonic chants in order to get $1,000,000 to do the Campaign on Friday the 13th

4 hours ago, Patriots1 said:

No way. I work with a small studio that has a game going in to production in March, the budget is around $650,000. We're talking to some people about another title, licensed, and if that all works out the budget is around $850,000.

There's a huge, huge difference between big gigantic corporate AAA monstrosities and small indie developers. Gun Media and Illfonic are not the former. 

What kind of budget do you think Last Year is being developed with? They had a target of $50,000 with their kickstarter and got probably an additional $250,000 from the CMF in Canada if I'm correct. And have you seen that game? 

If, and I mean if, these people needed to crowdfund after selling 2 million copies then they will have squandered their profits. There would be no other explanation.

There's just no fucking way. 

It's costly, making a game, but it would absolutely not cost so many millions and billions that they'd have to launch another crowd funding just add content to an existing game. They've already made the money. FFS 2 million copies and what, 50% buy a dancing emote dlc for 2 bucks? Quick 2 million dollars right there. Three new kills for 3 bucks? Another couple million. 

1 hour ago, DasMurich said:

No way. I work with a small studio that has a game going in to production in March, the budget is around $650,000. We're talking to some people about another title, licensed, and if that all works out the budget is around $850,000.

There's a huge, huge difference between big gigantic corporate AAA monstrosities and small indie developers. Gun Media and Illfonic are not the former. 

What kind of budget do you think Last Year is being developed with? They had a target of $50,000 with their kickstarter and got probably an additional $250,000 from the CMF in Canada if I'm correct. And have you seen that game? 

If, and I mean if, these people needed to crowdfund after selling 2 million copies then they will have squandered their profits. There would be no other explanation.

There's just no fucking way. 

It's costly, making a game, but it would absolutely not cost so many millions and billions that they'd have to launch another crowd funding just add content to an existing game. They've already made the money. FFS 2 million copies and what, 50% buy a dancing emote dlc for 2 bucks? Quick 2 million dollars right there. Three new kills for 3 bucks? Another couple million. 

Well the best person to awnser these questions would be Gunmedia Ben.

I would rather see a story mode as Part of a sequel - start from scratch with a new engine. While I love this game, it could use some polish (graphics and mechanics).

Gun has a gone through a large learning curve to make this one. I believe that a sequel would be much easier to create.

I would have no problem chipping in via Kickstarter.

• Like 1

A secondary kickstarter is unlikely. Not only would that cause confusion it would also be viewed in a negative light. Please be aware that the offline portion of this was not exclusive to offline bots. There is a single player mode called single player challenges which will sort of be in the same vein as hitman type game. It will introduce familiar and new scenarios. I am not sure what people would be expecting in terms of a story mode. There is not really a complex story line behind F13 that would warrant a story mode. 

also I am seeing wild numbers being thrown around. keep certain things in mind. the game did indeed sell well but that includes kickstarter and backer copies which kickstarter takes a percentage. also, keep in mind Sony / Microsoft also takes a cut for copies sold on their platforms. there is a large difference between net revenue and gross revenue. 

50 minutes ago, JPops said:

A secondary kickstarter is unlikely. Not only would that cause confusion it would also be viewed in a negative light. Please be aware that the offline portion of this was not exclusive to offline bots. There is a single player mode called single player challenges which will sort of be in the same vein as hitman type game. It will introduce familiar and new scenarios. I am not sure what people would be expecting in terms of a story mode. There is not really a complex story line behind F13 that would warrant a story mode. 

also I am seeing wild numbers being thrown around. keep certain things in mind. the game did indeed sell well but that includes kickstarter and backer copies which kickstarter takes a percentage. also, keep in mind Sony / Microsoft also takes a cut for copies sold on their platforms. there is a large difference between net revenue and gross revenue. 

Well actually a structured story mode where you go to the town during the day.

Your charachter finds clues and items around the camp during the day.

the movies were very simmilar.

Jason watched people swimming and moving from the woods during the day.

Jason started killing during nightfall most of the time.

1 hour ago, JPops said:

Yes, I did. 

11 hours ago, DasMurich said:

If the creators got themselves in to a bad deal and only up with 10% of that in the end that's still 6 million dollars.

If there's a million copies sold at $20.00 a pop, and another million sold for $40.00, plus DLC, and Gun Media/Illfonic have (net) 10% of that to work with, it's more than enough. 

Whole point is I wouldn't support another fundraiser because, as you stated, it would be viewed negatively.

I can't believe it would be necessary.

9 hours ago, JPops said:

They could correct gross mistakes and holes in movies,  there are a lot of things to do in story mode Going from the Jason drowning  until Jason X and CG'S would be very welcome. Devs could show Jason drowning and also how he escaped death by fleeing to the woods in 1957, could explain how Jason became immortal. In the campaign where Pamela is beheaded by Alice  show Jason hiding in the woods watching everything, taking his mother's head and walking away, show Elias Voorhees maybe Pamela's pregnancy????. I see many possibilities for Story Mode. 

If this game has actually made $60,000,000 like someone said, and they have still yet to fix simple glitches or make better servers, then I have no confidence left in this company. 

I'd write a story mode for this game, you'd have to expand on the property a little but most of what you need they've already built. The characters would play the most important part, they give you a huge place to create without compromising the lore. Finish out the road map, release another shorter one that establishes the missing pieces, then get down to telling a coherent story for each counsellor. Tie those stories together so you get a movie out of each one, although some would obviously be favorites, and maybe some would be required to actually win. Better keep the rest of this train of thought to myself.

On 1/28/2018 at 10:39 AM, JF13 said:

i would actually be interested in donating to a physical disc version of the game that has all the offline modes on it,once the game is finished.Don't really like the online mode,have no desire to go back to online mode.I prefer the offline mode and the other ideas people have been posting for more offline content.

The only way I could see that happening is if they have a deluxe edition release later down the line but I doubt it.

18 hours ago, doitagain said:

The only way I could see that happening is if they have a deluxe edition release later down the line but I doubt it.

I'm hoping they do,honestly.I have had systems die on me before,as i've said on these forums,and i really don't want the day to come when the PS4 is discontinued,my system dies,and then the offline mode isn't available for download anymore.That would suck,since i only play this game offline.Don't really like the online mode due to my learning disability.

I want a story mode with the current counselors, excluding movie characters, almost as if this were a sequel.

There's so much that they can do with this game if they really want to. 

• Like 1

If they ever did story mode, I would want it to be based off the Pamela and tommy tapes. There would be two choosable storys, both of which consist of several missions. Would would involve Tommy inbetween Parts V and VI and would involve him attempting to escape the insane asylum and would lead right into Jason Lives. Pamela's story mode would involve everything she does prior to the original movie such as killing the two counselors, poisoning the water, etc, and the last set of missions would basically be a retelling of the first movie, but due to copyright reasons, it would feature all of the in game counselors taking the various roles they'd fit based off how they compare to the in movie characters.