In the films when the characters are by them self's they have these crazy hallucinations(Part I, III, V, VII,and VIII). I was think why not hallucinations into the fear system.

Note: These do not effect the Jason player.

When you're in the woods by yourself - You see this shadowy figure walking the woods but he doesn't notice you, this shadow figure is why ahead of you running the wrong way from you (then the real grabbed you from behind).

When you're near the lake - You're past the lake but then your camera pans to the lake and your character screams. You see this boy screaming for help, he screams for his mother to save him, you ignore him and hear the poor drown to death or you can try to save him but that doesn't work either because he still drowns.

When you're hiding under a bed or hiding in a closet - You see these shoes walking past your bed either entering or exiting; hiding in a closet Jason walks past or away from the door.  

When you're driving the boat - Instead of seeing zombie/human Jason you see this boy knocking you guys out of the boat and dragging you to the bottom of the lake.

When you're driving - You see this teenager (any teen like Chad or Kenny) running in front of your car. (when you hit the teen nothing happens expect your teen screams)

When you're walking in the forest alone (Again) - You hear Jason footsteps around but he in reality he isn't near you at all or he is? (this can also happen in building to)

Walking near the lake (Again) - Jason (hallucination) walks out of the water and he is walking towards your direction. When the Jason hallucination touches you he disappears or when the Jason player arrives.

Walking near the shack - You ki-ki-ki-ma-ma-ma often around the shack (pointless a little bit)

Walking into the shrine in the shack - Mrs.Voorhees laughs at you while the head smiles. 

Starting up the car - The Jason hallucination appears in front of the car with static and he is either powerwalking/running towards the front of the car.

Tell me what you think or tell anymore hallucinations for Jason. 

• Like 1

I'm struggling a little to recall what fear driven hallucinations film characters had other than ones that pertained to a specific character in each movie that were really, more or less, plot related. However I do get what you're suggesting. 

I think the audio is one of the best things in the game. I remember when I first started playing, not entirely sure of what was going on, I'd get in to the woods and hear what sounded like foot steps run by. Loved it. 

There are lots of suggestions as to what might make the game more of a horror and not feel so campy......

see what I did there?

I think what you're suggestion is might be more easily handled by audio and false flags. Things that grab your attention and break your focus.

Like if you're, say in the boathouse, maybe you hear young Jason crying for help as he drowns but quiet, distant. 

Or when your hiding you could hear footsteps, or even just floorboards bend a little like there is weight on them.

Just my opinion though.

I didn't have enough likes for both of you, so you'll have to share. Great ideas guys!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bigdaddy77 said:

I really like the hallucination idea.  I should have read the forum before submitting my idea. :P

Thanks just wish fear was more of something like the films.