wes

Jason V (Roy) - Stats

11 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The crux of your argument is "They shouldn't add these features to Roy because I believe it will cause glitches."

Which is an invalid argument.

Actually, the argument overall is that it's not necessary. And risking glitches over something unecessary is silly.

I will never understand why people take things so literaly and can't fathom Roy being treated like Jason and instead NEED things to be altered to accomodate him.

In P5, you never knew it WASN'T Jason until he was dead. And Roy did a LOT of shit in P5 that a normal human shouldn't be capable of to sell that it was indeed Jason. In the game, the match takes place in the climax of the movie where the counselors are aware Jason is after them. Thus in game LORE, the counselors wouldn't know it's not Jason.

So using hindsight logic that because YOU as the audience know it's not Jason, the game should build around it not being Jason is faulty logic.

That's like saying that when a movie reveals to the audience who the killer is in a scene only the audience sees, all the characters in the film that DON'T know that information yet should suddenly act and react as if they do and treat the killer as that person instead of the killer they've been facing thus far.

Long story short, just because we know it's Roy doesn't mean he should be presented as Roy and not Jason.

Part 5 never presents Roy as Roy until the threat of Jason is over. Up until his death, the movie treats Roy as Jason and nothing less.

Thus the game is doing the same thing.

If you want to get so literal with "Well what about if you knock his mask off and see Roy!!!", then why not question why Adult Tommy is killing P2 Jason in child Tommy's house? Or why P7 Jason is killing Adult Tommy with Pamela's kill on Higgins Haven?

At some point you need to be able to reconcile that it's a video game and thus some liberties are going to be taken.

Seeing Roy's face under the mask falls into easter egg territory more than anything else. 

• Like 1

All the Friday the 13th movies are different, have different plots, storylines. It is not something you can just piece together and get a coherent story; but, it is the same world, none-the-less.

Look at it this way, we still got Paranoia coming along the way. Remember the tagline "whoisfiVe"? That's also Part 5 related. I feel one of the reasons they're including Roy/Pinehurst right around the corner is likely in preparation for that game mode itself and I see no reason why Roy shouldn't be a part of that.

So yes, Roy might still be Jason in the eyes Friday the 13th for now, but Paranoia will probably be revolved specifically more around Part 5: A New Beginning. If anything, this game mode will make it more focused on the lore in regards to Roy. So I would expect different ways of playing, that includes other methods besides using the sweater and unmasking. If we're lucky, it may also make room for other characters like Reggie and Alice(for spawning) or Pamela(for a killer).

• Like 1

They are not going to make changes to accommodate Roy differently. That's just the bottom line. He is just one character. Why give him special treatment when a system in place already works for the rest of the Jasons?

Be happy that he is in the game. I know I am as I was also one that push hard for him. My only suggestion is to remove Pamela voice from his head and make Roy hear nothing. Replace the sweater with Joey's blue sweater which the guys can wear. Remove Pamela head in the alter too. Roy can spawn in the shack, so it can look like its his cover ground. An ambulance might be too much to ask for. But if they don't do any of this, that's fine. I will still enjoy playing Roy and the new map.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ikarikh said:

Actually, the argument overall is that it's not necessary. And risking glitches over something unecessary is silly.

I will never understand why people take things so literaly and can't fathom Roy being treated like Jason and instead NEED things to be altered to accomodate him.

In P5, you never knew it WASN'T Jason until he was dead. And Roy did a LOT of shit in P5 that a normal human shouldn't be capable of to sell that it was indeed Jason. In the game, the match takes place in the climax of the movie where the counselors are aware Jason is after them. Thus in game LORE, the counselors wouldn't know it's not Jason.

So using hindsight logic that because YOU as the audience know it's not Jason, the game should build around it not being Jason is faulty logic.

That's like saying that when a movie reveals to the audience who the killer is in a scene only the audience sees, all the characters in the film that DON'T know that information yet should suddenly act and react as if they do and treat the killer as that person instead of the killer they've been facing thus far.

Long story short, just because we know it's Roy doesn't mean he should be presented as Roy and not Jason.

Part 5 never presents Roy as Roy until the threat of Jason is over. Up until his death, the movie treats Roy as Jason and nothing less.

Thus the game is doing the same thing.

If you want to get so literal with "Well what about if you knock his mask off and see Roy!!!", then why not question why Adult Tommy is killing P2 Jason in child Tommy's house? Or why P7 Jason is killing Adult Tommy with Pamela's kill on Higgins Haven?

At some point you need to be able to reconcile that it's a video game and thus some liberties are going to be taken.

Seeing Roy's face under the mask falls into easter egg territory more than anything else. 

I have already posted my arguments but I will repeat:

- Roy never knew Pamela, does not it make sense for him to have her voice in his head, the Devs could just remove it;

- When removing the mask everyone will know he is not Jason;

- It would be an interesting differential to use Lachappa or Shelly to fool Roy into making him think of his son wearing his coat saying like: "Okay daddy that was enough, you can stop now."

- There may be the hut, but without the altar of pamela remove his head and the candles put Joey coat;

• Like 1

First of I'd be happy if they would actually change some of the setup regarding Roy. But I can totally see why they probably won't.

If Roy he knew about Crystal Lake and everything surrounding the murders, he knew Pamela was Jason's mother. Part IV and V heavily imply traumatized characters being willing to identify themselves as Jason. Tommy is on the verge of being Jason's successor. Other horror movies have taken a similar approach, like Halloween and Saw. I can totally see Roy as a shizophrenic who inherits a Roy and a Jason persona. It's not that Roy had the foto of Joey with himself, so Joey might have only been with him when he was actually being Roy. When he became "Jason", Roy was taking a backseat. He ignored sympathy, fear and pain. He even "recognized" Tommy Jarvis as his nemesis, despite having hardly ever seen him before. 

TL;dr: There is a believeable and logical explanation for Part V to be "just another Jason", though would have liked for him to be "more different" than the others.

The only thing I would change is remove Pamela's voice when you play as Roy. If they could do that, which would be insanely simple, I'd be willing to overlook him spawning in the shack, not having his ambulance, etc. 

• Like 1

- Defense

- Stun Resist

Rough times ahead for ol' Roy if this balance patch doesn't work out the way we hope. He's gonna look pretty awkward swinging those shears like an axe (;))to chop down doors.

Bring on Tuesday because it's literally make or break for the next few months. I feel like I should be playing more than I currently am,just in case 2018 is the final year for this game.

Decent balancing would go a long way.

I have questions, in film Friday the 13 part 5 new beginning, Roy don't run, in your trailer he don't run, but on stats you're wright can run WTF?

39 minutes ago, Ash Williams said:

I have questions, in film Friday the 13 part 5 new beginning, Roy don't run, in your trailer he don't run, but on stats you're wright can run WTF?

He's a regular person, of course he can run...

On 1/27/2018 at 10:12 AM, AJViolet said:

Great, I really appreciate the effort you guys are putting to make the game better. A lot of additional content and all at free or very cheap. This is the best multiplayer game at the moment imho, I''ve been playing a lot.

I think the fact Roy can run makes sense. Some other posters are saying he doesn't run in the movie, but it doesn't matter at all. He is human, it's obvious he can run. Only small thing I can complain: I would like to play with Reggie the Reckless. :P

Greeting from Brazil. ;)

Get in

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/14162-reggie-reckless-winter/

12 hours ago, i-cold said:

I have already posted my arguments but I will repeat:

- Roy never knew Pamela, does not it make sense for him to have her voice in his head, the Devs could just remove it;

- When removing the mask everyone will know he is not Jason;

- It would be an interesting differential to use Lachappa or Shelly to fool Roy into making him think of his son wearing his coat saying like: "Okay daddy that was enough, you can stop now."

- There may be the hut, but without the altar of pamela remove his head and the candles put Joey coat;

Did you just flat out ignore everything I said in my post that already refuted everything you replied with?

Your argument is pointless for all the reasons I already mentioned.

To those people arguing that Jason never ran in Part 5, the character doesn't show up fully on screen until the last 20 minutes of the movie. 

Using your logic, Part 5 should be a pair of forearms and hands until the last 3 minutes of the match that shows up out of no where and once he does show himself, he gets his ass handed to him and dies without accomplishing anything meaningful. 

Part 5 also Morphs when Reggie and the chick find the dead EMT and he just pops up on the other side of the car. 

I also don't get the "Roy was human, he should be able to run" argument, for the simple fact is, Jason until after part 4 was also human.  Should Jasons 2, 3 and 4 therefore all be able to run too?  See, if you solve one problem, ten more pop up...

But Roy gets run, I think, to compensate for less shift and morph.  That I totally agree with;  Roy is human, but not supernatural;  Jason ought to have the best shift, morph and sense, thus.

25 minutes ago, Cpt_Obviuos said:

I also don't get the "Roy was human, he should be able to run" argument, for the simple fact is, Jason until after part 4 was also human.  Should Jasons 2, 3 and 4 therefore all be able to run too?  See, if you solve one problem, ten more pop up...

But Roy gets run, I think, to compensate for less shift and morph.  That I totally agree with;  Roy is human, but not supernatural;  Jason ought to have the best shift, morph and sense, thus.

Ummmmm. All those Jasons DO run......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi I'm new

The real problem with Part 5 is that while Roy was is seemingly a normal man, what he dose in the film is not. Roy is effectively Jason throughout the whole thing until the mask comes off. In fact as some other commenters have pointed out Roy was actually the first to really start pulling the teleporting crap proper and it was later handed over to Jason. Roy is also far stronger then a average build ambulance driver should be.

As to why has always been interesting. Is he possessed by the spirit of Jason as the Part 6 six novel suggests? Is this a case of Folie à deuxI (madness shared by two), in this case Roy and Tommy? I used to theorise that Roy, in his madness, was juicing himself up on heavy duty pain medication to the point he could no longer feel any pain. Without the ability to feel pain the human body can perform much greater feats of strength although at the cost of suffering sever internal injury from over exertion. Or is it all of the above?

While interesting to analyse, I'm shore it was a real headache to try and come up with a way to make Part 5 fit and really I think they did a reasonable job. The knifes are an odd choice but I wonder if that a subtle nod to the general idea that Part 5's cloths greatly resemble Michael Myers's.

2 hours ago, Copycat Jason said:

Hi I'm new

The real problem with Part 5 is that while Roy was is seemingly a normal man, what he dose in the film is not. Roy is effectively Jason throughout the whole thing until the mask comes off. In fact as some other commenters have pointed out Roy was actually the first to really start pulling the teleporting crap proper and it was later handed over to Jason. Roy is also far stronger then a average build ambulance driver should be.

As to why has always been interesting. Is he possessed by the spirit of Jason as the Part 6 six novel suggests? Is this a case of Folie à deuxI (madness shared by two), in this case Roy and Tommy? I used to theorise that Roy, in his madness, was juicing himself up on heavy duty pain medication to the point he could no longer feel any pain. Without the ability to feel pain the human body can perform much greater feats of strength although at the cost of suffering sever internal injury from over exertion. Or is it all of the above?

While interesting to analyse, I'm shore it was a real headache to try and come up with a way to make Part 5 fit and really I think they did a reasonable job. The knifes are an odd choice but I wonder if that a subtle nod to the general idea that Part 5's cloths greatly resemble Michael Myers's.

Not to mention he could have given himself adrenaline injections. Being a paramedic that would be easy to come by.

I think the reason why they gave Roy throwing knives as a strength is because while he didn't use throwing knives in the movie, he was more then capable of improvising stuff around him. He used a lot of tools, whether he had them or found them randomly and figure out a way to make them deadly. Think Macgyver but with the intent to kill. The leather strap to the head against a tree. The road flare into the mouth. And the shears to eyes were all very creative kills that typically aren't weapons. 

So where do throwing knives fix into the mix? Roy has good precision. When he decapitate Junior on the motorcycle, he time it perfectly while hiding behind the tree. Junior never saw it coming as he was going pretty fast.

I think that when in the movie Tommy was brought to Pinehurst he was followed by the ghost of Jason he wanted that Tommy would be the next Jason because he lost his family like Jason! And when Roy arrived Jason's spirit settled in Roy when he looked threatening look! After Jason moved into Roy, Tommy did not see Jason's Spirit any more! Roy has received almost all the abilities of Jason increased painful defect, physical strength, teleportation! When the spirit of Jason came to the floor to Tommy because Jason's spirit did not entrenched in Roy's body and so he settled into the body of the exhausted Tommy Jarvis!

This is only my theory and it more or less explains the movie Friday the 13th Part 5 New Beginning!

36 minutes ago, Ash Williams said:

I think that when in the movie Tommy was brought to Pinehurst he was followed by the ghost of Jason he wanted that Tommy would be the next Jason because he lost his family like Jason! And when Roy arrived Jason's spirit settled in Roy when he looked threatening look! After Jason moved into Roy, Tommy did not see Jason's Spirit any more! Roy has received almost all the abilities of Jason increased painful defect, physical strength, teleportation! When the spirit of Jason came to the floor to Tommy because Jason's spirit did not entrenched in Roy's body and so he settled into the body of the exhausted Tommy Jarvis!

This is only my theory and it more or less explains the movie Friday the 13th Part 5 New Beginning!

My only problem with that is when Roy isn't killing anybody, he is doing paramedic work. When he killed the two greasers with the broke down car we seen a scene where Roy in paramedics recovers the bodies.

So in a sense, Roy can be self conscious and not spiritually controlled.

I really like for Gun Media to create a backstory for Roy using something similar to Pamela and Tommy tapes. Maybe a Roy journal where all the pages are scatter and you'll have to find them like you do with the tapes. Roy's backstory is very limited from the movie. Gun Media can come up with a story to explain his relationship with Joey, how Roy went crazy, got his own hockey mask, and how he was able to do the things he was able to do. Could be fun since I really enjoy listening to the Pam and Tommy tapes whether we consider them official or not.

1 hour ago, Loading said:

I really like for Gun Media to create a backstory for Roy using something similar to Pamela and Tommy tapes. Maybe a Roy journal where all the pages are scatter and you'll have to find them like you do with the tapes. Roy's backstory is very limited from the movie. Gun Media can come up with a story to explain his relationship with Joey, how Roy went crazy, got his own hockey mask, and how he was able to do the things he was able to do. Could be fun since I really enjoy listening to the Pam and Tommy tapes whether we consider them official or not.

Not to mention that Roy was able to somehow get a latex head mask of Jason in the late 80s/early90s when independent mask artist shops were quite rare, and special order it with rush shipping in time to kill everyone just days after Joey died.

20 hours ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Ummmmm. All those Jasons DO run......

Yeah I was scratching my head at that comment too.