wes

Jason V (Roy) - Stats

15 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Roy did not run in part 5. I'm severely disappointed that you broke the lore. Fix it. I'll still play as Roy but you broke the damn lore. Replace "Can Run" with something like "Weapon Strength," since he killed most people in one hit.

Roy did not throw anything in part 5, +Throwing knives makes no sense. Should be replaced with something like maybe +Rage for earlier rage activation.

Also, Roy did NOT wear BLUE coveralls! He wore SPRUCE GREEN, i.e. dark forest green coveralls! Proof right here!!

XH8sVV5.png

You can say that for Jason as well. "Oh well, every time the camera cuts away, Jason is sprinting like Usain Bolt to get ahead of his victims."

Every Jason prior to his resurrection as a zombie can run. Roy isn’t a zombie therefore he can run. At the risk of stating the obvious, what works in the films doesn’t necessarily work in a video game. Aside from the gore aspect of F13th, the movies generally rely upon the unseen as well for suspense reasons. I mean, you don’t see Roy take a piss either but I’m sure that he does at least once between kills. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Every Jason prior to his resurrection as a zombie can run. Roy isn’t a zombie therefore he can run. At the risk of stating the obvious, what works in the films doesn’t necessarily work in a video game. Aside from the gore aspect of F13th, the movies generally rely upon the unseen as well for suspense reasons. I mean, you don’t see Roy take a piss either but I’m sure that he does at least once between kills. 

You also didn't see Roy eating breakfast or taking a nap but I'm pretty sure he did that as well. 

6 minutes ago, Truth said:

What? You think Roy will look like Tommy...? Wtf?

Well... Tommy was dressed like this through most of the movie.

latest?cb=20090502133142

And this was the final scene.

19 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

no its actually a blue boiler suit the colors just a bit different and gets a greenish hue in some lighting and in some scenes.

f13-part5-jason.png

friday5.jpg

The first image is a flash of lightning shining on Roy, making it look blue. A similar effect with the second image. One single image can't show the color exactly. You need to watch the movie in high definition(blu  ray quality, not youtube 240p crap), to see that it is truly a dark green color.

I bought spruce green coveralls and even they appear to be blue under certain lighting, but I assure you they are green to the naked eye.

ZqFjD0h.jpg

VRi5In1.jpg

3 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

You also didn't see Roy eating breakfast or taking a nap but I'm pretty sure he did that as well. 

Yep, if we're going to be "realistic" about it and forget the lore, then Roy should use med sprays and sabotage cars right? ~sarcasm~

3 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The first image is a flash of lightning shining on Roy, making it look blue. A similar effect with the second image. One single image can't show the color exactly. You need to watch the movie in high definition(blu  ray quality, not youtube 240p crap), to see that it is truly a dark green color.

I bought spruce green coveralls and even they appear to be blue under certain lighting, but I assure you they are green to the naked eye.

ZqFjD0h.jpg

VRi5In1.jpg

This reminds me of what was Hans jacket color that he wore on Hoth debate 😂

5 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

Well... Tommy was dressed like this through most of the movie.

latest?cb=20090502133142

And this was the final scene.

So because Tommy puts on the mask, you think they're going to make Tommy "Jason" instead of Roy? How would that make ANY sense?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

ZqFjD0h.jpg

VRi5In1.jpg

Yep, if we're going to be "realistic" about it and forget the lore, then Roy should use med sprays and sabotage cars right? ~sarcasm~

Roy isn't supernatural that's the main thing,  neither is Jason from part 2 or 3 or 4. Before this game came out did you really believe that those Jasons morphed and shifted to their locations?  

Nah they ran. 

Roy is simply a human so it makes sense for him to run.  Besides there are already tons of game mechanics that totally ignore the "lore".

What is Part 4 Jason doing at Camp Crystal Lake as well as part 2, 3, 7, 8, and 9.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Truth said:

So because Tommy puts on the mask, you think they're going to make Tommy "Jason" instead of Roy? How would that make ANY sense?

It's just a possibility. Not saying the will do it.

I'm happy he can run. I know he didn't in the film but, as one of the few not zombie Jasons, hes the only other one they have the rights to they could use to even out the 'run or can't run' ratio. 

Little worried about them doubling down on how easy it is to beat him up though.

2 hours ago, Super Ty said:

I get that him being able to run isn't 100% accurate to the film, but it doesn't really bother me that much. It seems like they may be going for an even amount of Jason's that can run as opposed to those that can't, with Uber coming down the line. My biggest thing will be to see what he looks like with the mask off. 

Really? He will look like this:

304508_413081658754333_999607720_n.jpg

2 hours ago, wes said:

Howdy Campers, long time no see. Sorry about that, been head down, working with the team on this upcoming patch. They have busted hump and I'm proud of this content patch dropping on Tuesday, Jan 30th.

Wait a second...does that mean that THIS is what we'll see when Roy's mask is knocked off? I mean, will the experience of playing as Roy completely differ from that of Jason? No cabin, no mother's voice? How will you kill him, since mother's sweater shouldn't work? Or is he essentially being treated as a Jason re-skin for gameplay purposes?NECA-Reel-Toys-JasonRoy-003-e14147216397

I prefer roy walk with machete, I do not like much these scissors , be cool in some deaths but i Still prefer machete its more "manful"

4 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Wait a second...does that mean that THIS is what we'll see when Roy's mask is knocked off? I mean, will the experience of playing as Roy completely differ from that of Jason? No cabin, no mother's voice? How will you kill him, since mother's sweater shouldn't work? Or is he essentially being treated as a Jason re-skin for gameplay purposes?

We'll have our answers soon enough, I guess. I don't know, man. "Roy" is a weird cat in the franchise. That's very likely why they've skipped him entirely until now. I guess they can do kinda anything without too many gripes.

. . . but then again, I've seen plenty of them from others on here about next-to-nothing, so we'll see.

- No voice in his head;

- Sweater dont work with Roy, An advantage of you playing with him;

- Maybe you can kill him with different way;

Im a little dissapointed with no + trap for Roy hé should have that too for making him more reliable stalk + trap + run is a great combo why not add 4 positives attributes to all jason for make them much stronger and of course Roy could run because is human even if he dont do it in the movie he should be faster than the other jasons because is slim and athletic 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

It would make perfect sense if he used sprays. He would probably have a ton of them in his ambulance. It would make for an interesting new dynamic in the game if he relied upon health sprays to stay alive. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, i-cold said:

- No voice in his head;

- Sweater dont work with Roy, An advantage of you playing with him;

- Maybe you can kill him with different way;

The sweater style stun & kill will be replaced by something else. There's no way they'd make Roy invincible. He could have his own voice or a collection of voices, since he's crazy.

6 minutes ago, Elric14 said:

Im a little dissapointed with no + trap for Roy hé should have that too for making him more reliable stalk + trap + run is a great combo why not add 4 positives attributes to all jason for make them much stronger and of course Roy could run because is human even if he dont do it in the movie he should be faster than the other jasons because is slim and athletic 

I'm glad you agree with giving 4 strengths & weaknesses. I think that would make each Jason even more unique from each other, and would balance them out more with less of a chance to declare one invariably better than another.

3 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

It would make perfect sense if he used sprays. He would probably have a ton of them in his ambulance. It would make for an interesting new dynamic in the game if he relied upon health sprays to stay alive. 

They're not going to re-design the core aspects of the gameplay to accommodate one character.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

They're not going to re-design the core aspects of the gameplay to accommodate one character.

You’re likely right, but if they don’t then it is a wasted opportunity to mix things up a little and breathe some life into the game. 

• Like 1

Will he show up in the basement of the virtual cabin with the other Jason models?

Im ok with him running despite it not being canon. They obviously want to balance running Jasons with the non runners, so that players who prefer one over the other have options. Considering he's human it makes enough sense. Better than having part 6, 7, 8, or 9 run. 

52 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Really? He will look like this:

304508_413081658754333_999607720_n.jpg

thats ted white from Part4 

Really appreciate the @wes post. 

Really glad this DLC will be happening. Came out of the blue! 

Been some bumps along the road with patches since October....and I will always criticise or praise when I feel it's warranted...but Wes did say a while back that he want's to make this the most complete Friday the 13th game it can be.... and they're certainly living up to that. Gameplay gripes and bugs aside...they have continued to deliver the game they want to deliver - though it takes time. 

What interests me is that the map releases have been generally been consecutive from the movies....Part V and Jason X kinda "bookend" the Part VI-VIII maps - are these maps still in the think tank?

Agree Roy shouldn't run...but I remember them saying all they do is watch F13 in the office all day, every day....it's obviously been recognised that Roy doesn't run - there's obviously some kind of gameplay/balance thing there which made them decide that.

Who knows...maybe it's a crossover to Paranoia? I like the way they're calling it "Jason 5" - every hardcore fan knows it's Roy, every New Gen player see's it as just another Jason, and I feel it captures the ambiguity of Part V up until the reveal scene well. Was it Jason 5 you killed? Was it Roy? That's the player's call. I like it.    

One thing's for sure....if they ever want detailed, scrupulous feedback from the "hardcore fans" - this place right here, is always the place to get it. :lol:

Those hedge clippers are ridiculously sharp. Roy must shop at the same store as Wolverine. 

All in all, Roy looks interesting. I'll give him a run (Puns!) when he drops and see how well I like him. 

I just called my local news station and informed them that humans can run.

Some of you guys need to relax. There is no “lore” in Friday that says anything about running.  It doesn’t matter that he didn’t run in the movie. Roy is like all other humans; he runs. The only reason he did the whole walk thing is because that’s what the director of the film wanted. The idea had gotten really popular at one point. This was still a popular time for slashers, and tons of movies were being made, where all killers started following the same trends. But there was never any storyline involving Jason’s ability (or lack thereof) to run, nor was there any explanation in part 5 on why Roy walked.

This isn’t one of those moments where you can say, “If I didn’t see it onscreen, it didn’t happen.” Roy being a normal human means he can run — because common sense rules over what you see onscreen with the naked eye.

This is a game. And just like movies, you have to suspend your disbelief at times, and this is one of them. The Jarvis House map has cabins; the movie didn’t. The Jarvis property wasn’t a camp. The cabins were placed for gameplay’s sake. In fact, there’s lots of geography in the game that isn’t real because the movies used a very tiny handful of locations. Most of part 4 centered around the Jarvis and kids’ house. Can you imagine playing a map that only contains the amount of environment geography you saw onscreen? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, JackTV said:

I just called my local news station and informed them that humans can run.

Some of you guys need to relax. There is no “lore” in Friday that says anything about running.  It doesn’t matter that he didn’t run in the movie. Roy is like all other humans; he runs. The only reason he did the whole walk thing is because that’s what the director of the film wanted. The idea had gotten really popular at one point. This was still a popular time for slashers, and tons of movies were being made, where all killers started following the same trends. But there was never any storyline involving Jason’s ability (or lack thereof) to run, nor was there any explanation in part 5 on why Roy walked.

This isn’t one of those moments where you can say, “If I didn’t see it onscreen, it didn’t happen.” Roy being a normal human means he can run — because common sense rules over what you see onscreen with the naked eye.

This is a game. And just like movies, you have to suspend your disbelief at times, and this is one of them. The Jarvis House map has cabins; the movie didn’t. The Jarvis property wasn’t a camp. The cabins were placed for gameplay’s sake. In fact, there’s lots of geography in the game that isn’t real because the movies used a very tiny handful of locations. Most of part 4 centered around the Jarvis and kids’ house. Can you imagine playing a map that only contains the amount of environment geography you saw onscreen? 

tenor.gif

I second this

• Haha 1