wes

Jason V (Roy) - Stats

Howdy Campers, long time no see. Sorry about that, been head down, working with the team on this upcoming patch. They have busted hump and I'm proud of this content patch dropping on Tuesday, Jan 30th. But let's cut to the chase. J5 STATS!!

First off, he unlocks at level 0, meaning you get him instantly. OK, now the pros and cons. 

PROS                                                       CONS

+ Throwing Knives                                - Defense

+ Stalk                                                     - Grip Strength

+ Can Run                                               - Stun Resistance

7YpYoKF.jpg

I know there's a lot of questions about Paranoia as well. I will be doing a write-up next week to update everyone here on the forums as to the current status of Paranoia. Look for that post mid-next week. 

-W

• Like 14
  • Thanks 18

Wouldn't all those weaknesses make him 'Suck' ? Or did ya put him like that because your following the movie and he's basically human?

• Sad 1

@wes

A little disappointed he can run, as he never did, but the rest are workable. Will have to play and find out. At the moment, just happy he's included as a full playable Jason as he should be. ;)

A little odd/interesting that a Jason with a stun and defense deficiency is being added considering the current broken balance. Hopefully the upcoming patch manages to address balance positively and Roy is not added to the list of piñatas for counselors.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, wes said:

Howdy Campers, long time no see. Sorry about that, been head down, working with the team on this upcoming patch. They have busted hump and I'm proud of this content patch dropping on Tuesday, Jan 30th. But let's cut to the chase. J5 STATS!!

7YpYoKF.jpg

I know there's a lot of questions about Paranoia as well. I will be doing a write-up next week to update everyone here on the forums as to the current status of Paranoia. Look for that post mid-next week. 

-W

Roy don't run in part 5 unless i'm mistaken.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

@wes

A little disappointed he can run, as he never did, but the rest are workable. Will have to play and find out. At the moment, just happy he's included as a full playable Jason as he should be. ;)

A little odd/interesting that a Jason with a stun and defense deficiency is being added considering the current broken balance. Hopefully the upcoming patch manages to address balance positively and Roy is not added to the list of piñatas for counselors.

I agree. Same thing i said. With all those weaknesses, he's going to be an easy target and another piñata

So Roy, who never ran in the movie, has "can run" as a strength, but no destruction (he broke down the door at Pinehurst as well as Hodders Jason)??? 

2 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

At the moment, just happy he's included as a full playable Jason as he should be

I am as well. I am excited and am looking forward to it, also as to what he looks like when the mask is removed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

@wes

I was thinking the same thing.  Maybe the patch they are releasing will address some of those issues. 

• Like 1

Just now, MRWood204 said:

I am as well. I am excited and am looking forward to it, also as to what he looks like when the mask is removed.

I would assume he looks like Roy...

3 minutes ago, piercev3 said:

That doesn't look like Kane Hodder did the model for Roy. Is it just me?

Figure he did the mocap but they rescaled the model more. Nice touch, there.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, piercev3 said:

That doesn't look like Kane Hodder did the model for Roy. Is it just me?

My thoughts too. Maybe they thought a beefed up Roy would look too "off"? Not really liking the running option, as Roy did not run at all. But can' t wait to check it out!

• Like 1

Just now, Gdain said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Maybe the patch they are releasing will address some of those issues. 

Here's hoping. I'd hate for him to be added and be considered useless from the onset.

2 minutes ago, Tim Voorhees13 said:

So Roy, who never ran in the movie, has "can run" as a strength, but no destruction (he broke down the door at Pinehurst as well as Hodders Jason)??? 

To be fair, when Roy broke down doors, it was basically in full Rage mode. Just look at the part when he encounters Pam and Reggie in the house by walking through the door like it was made out of confetti.

Though I am a little disappointed he can run since he didn't in the movies, but then again a running Jason with Stalk+ sounds terrifying.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wes said:

First off, he unlocks at level 0, meaning you get him instantly. OK, now the pros and cons. 

7YpYoKF.jpg

-W

If the Counselors get his mask off, is it Dick Wieand underneath?  Did he do the mo-cap for it? Any voice?  This news is awesome. 😀👍🏻

Long time no see, @wes!

He looks like a pretty unique Jason to play! And he is just my type! Long Stalk and Can Run!

He will be a sneakier Part 6 Jason. He can't fight groups of counselors, but can catch them off guard with Stalk and Throwing Knives. Plus, he Can Run!

• Like 1

Very interesting! :)

So, the obvious questions: Will this "Jason" bring about any changes in other aspects of the game - Mother's voice? Sweater-use? Or are we just going with Roy being so delusional that he is Jason that this all plays out the same (zero snark inherent in that last bit. That'd be the justification I'd go with without altering all those aspects of the core game).

I have to admit, I'm not a fan of Roy's, but that weapon and his pros and cons actually appeal to me. Nice job, ya bastages! :D

13 minutes ago, wes said:

7YpYoKF.jpg

Three things, @wes:

1. Shouldn't it say "Roy," rather than "Jason" at the top?
  2. How many traps will he start with?
  3. I LOVE THIS!!!

:D

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wes said:

7YpYoKF.jpg

-W

Run? Part 5 was the "Jason" who set the walking standard. He never ran. Oh, well...an odd choice but it is what it is. Thanks for the info!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Three things, @wes:

1. How many traps will he start with?

He'll start with 5 as that is the amount every Jason starts with, that don't have a strength or weakness related to pocket knives.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alkavian said:

Run? Part 5 was the "Jason" who set the walking standard. He never ran. Oh, well...an odd choice but it is what it is. Thanks for the info!

True, but he's a human so obviously he can run.

2 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Three things, @wes:

1. Shouldn't it say "Roy," rather than "Jason" at the top?
  2. How many traps will he start with?
  3. I LOVE THIS!!!

If it said Roy then all those little kids that play would be confused because they never saw the movies.

I would guess 5 traps like the rest of the neutral trap Jasons.

I LOVE THIS TOO!!!!

Now I'm thinking they should call him "Jason" on the screen, heh.

For a long time there were only 2 Jasons that could run, alongside 5 that couldn't. Jason IV brought that up to 3-5, and it's a damn good bet that Jason X will be a plodder too so 3-6.

Push comes to shove, I think maybe that's why they allowed Roy to run. Multiple options for those that want to be able to chase quicker and those that want the undead stomp.

• Like 3