bewareofbears

New Trailer: Roy & Pinehurst Added to the Game

The million dollar question is will the pinehurst map be playable in the current offline bots mode?

• Like 1

I can’t wait to see the details of this map!! Gun has always been spot on with details from the film locations. Just recently watched a documentary about Part 3 that was released on YouTube and couldn’t believe the exact replication of the house and the barn! Small details you wouldn’t notice in the movie!

• Like 1

I’m really excited and REALLY curious to see how they handle Roy during gameplay. I’m cool with him using morph and shift. Because it’s just part of the gameplay. And if you’re ok with parts 2-4 using those abilities as human Jason, then Roy can too. My only concern are the parts involving Pamela. Roy shouldn’t spawn in Jason’s shack. He shouldn’t hear Pamela. And her sweater should not work on him. Maybe he will only be playable in Pinehurst with a unique spawn point and kill sequence. 

Wonder if instead of Pamelas voice we are gonna hear Joey complaining that we stole his chocolate bars or something

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, antonz said:

The million dollar question is will the pinehurst map be playable in the current offline bots mode?

Really no one knows? I thought alot of people would be asking this,suprised im  the 1st asking.

1 minute ago, MRWood204 said:

Wonder if instead of Pamelas voice we are gonna hear Joey complaining that we stole his chocolate bars or something

Lol. Holy shit. I’d mute the game. 

1 minute ago, MRWood204 said:

Would be cool to experience Roy's psychosis through voices in his head or something. :)

Honestly, even if Roy hears Pamela, it doesn't bother me any more than Part 3 being strong enough to stop a car (despite ducking out of the way of a moving van in his own movie). Suspension of disbelief has made it easier for me to enjoy this game, even as I see things like Tiffany sprinting full throttle despite carrrying a metal five gallon jerry can.

But if Roy does have his own thing going, it'd likely involve his son in some way. I could already imagine Roy hearing voices, like Joey telling him to hurt everyone that hurt him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, antonz said:

Really no one knows? I thought alot of people would be asking this,suprised im  the 1st asking.

No reason to think it would be excluded from offline mode. All the other maps are there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Trident77 said:

Honestly, even if Roy hears Pamela, it doesn't bother me any more than Part 3 being strong enough to stop a car (despite ducking out of the way of a moving van in his own movie). Suspension of disbelief has made it easier for me to enjoy this game, even as I see things like Tiffany sprinting full throttle despite carrrying a metal five gallon jerry can.

But if Roy does have his own thing going, it'd likely involve his son in some way. I could already imagine Roy hearing voices, like Joey telling him to hurt everyone that hurt him.

“They took my chocolate bars, Dad. Make them suffer!”

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

I’m really excited and REALLY curious to see how they handle Roy during gameplay. I’m cool with him using morph and shift. Because it’s just part of the gameplay. And if you’re ok with parts 2-4 using those abilities as human Jason, then Roy can too. My only concern are the parts involving Pamela. Roy shouldn’t spawn in Jason’s shack. He shouldn’t hear Pamela. And her sweater should not work on him. Maybe he will only be playable in Pinehurst with a unique spawn point and kill sequence. 

No offense meant at all, but there is no chance it will be like that. He will be useable on all maps just like the other Jason’s, and he’ll spawn in the shack and be able to be killed by the sweater. I’m willing to bet Uber will also be playable on all maps and be killed by the sweater, which is also going to annoy some people.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

But if Roy does have his own thing going, it'd likely involve his son in some way. I could already imagine Roy hearing voices, like Joey telling him to hurt everyone that hurt him

Doubtful since I believe he is listed as Jason instead of Roy. Just a suggestion to make myself laugh more than anything. If I have to kill people while hearing about chopped up chocolate bars I'm not too sure how far I would be from going down the same road Roy went down.

3 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

“They took my chocolate bars, Dad. Make them suffer!”

"Damn right boy! All them worthless sons a bitches will burn for what they done!" :P

What I personally think will happen is Roy hearing things Joey would say. Out of context, but reminding Roy of what he no longer has since his son died. Canon-story wise he did check up on Joey often without revealing he was his father, so he'd probably remember things Joey said that he cherished in his memories.

Seeing your child that you cared about as a dead, axe-hacked corpse would seriously mindfuck you. PTSD can turn even the most hardened veteran into a social mess.

Just now, Yoshman2523 said:

“Dad, do you know what your gift is? AVENGING MY CHOCOLATE BARS”

“You’ve done good, Dad. Now come back home. Joey has a chocolate bar for you.”

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

No reason to think it would be excluded from offline mode. All the other maps are there.

So it should be there on offline bots this tuesday, after the update?

26 minutes ago, MRWood204 said:

Lmao. Speaking of Pamela.

What about the sweater affect on him? I don't think the male counselors are going to go look for Joey's clothes lol.

I'd take it they're probably going to leave it like it is or maybe take a page of the movie by having Tommy shove him into the spikes.

2 minutes ago, antonz said:

So it should be there on offline bots this tuesday, after the update?

I would hope so. The small maps were originally for the upcoming Single Player Challenges for offline and they are there. Pinehurst should be in offline mode as well. We've got no elaboration from the Devs, but I doubt it would be exclusive to multiplayer. Hope that helps.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

Lmao. Speaking of Pamela.

What about the sweater affect on him? I don't think the male counselors are going to go look for Joey's clothes lol.

I'd take it they're probably going to leave it like it is or maybe take a page of the movie by having Tommy shove him into the spikes.

Instead of Pamela’s head and sweater in the shack, it will be Joey’s hacked up remains with a chocolate bar. Counselors will have to steal the chocolate bar. Then activate it the same way as the sweater. Waving the delicious treat in front of Roy’s face. Leaving him open for the kill. 

• Like 1

I know

2 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

I would hope so. The small maps were originally for the upcoming Single Player Challenges for offline and they are there. Pinehurst should be in offline mode as well. We've got no elaboration from the Devs, but I doubt it would be exclusive to multiplayer. Hope that helps.

I know it might seem weird,but id like to get the feel of the map in a few offline bot matches,before I try it online.

Just now, antonz said:

I know

I know it might seem weird,but id like to get the feel of the map in a few offline bot matches,before I try it online.

I'm totally with you on that. Plus I can explore a bit with a low counselor number and see the cool details they put in.

• Like 1

wow what a present.pinehurst.the superbowl. all kinds of exciting announcements. im going on vacation Ale Bundy style.im going on vacation on my couch. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 1/26/2018 at 3:02 PM, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Instead of Pamela’s head and sweater in the shack, it will be Joey’s hacked up remains with a chocolate bar. Counselors will have to steal the chocolate bar. Then activate it the same way as the sweater. Waving the delicious treat in front of Roy’s face. Leaving him open for the kill.