bewareofbears

New Trailer: Roy & Pinehurst Added to the Game

18 minutes ago, Truth said:

I'm also curious. It wouldn't really make sense for the sweater to stun him or to hear Pamela's voice. But how do they work around that? You still have to be able to kill him...

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/4935-how-to-make-roy-fit-in-the-game/?tab=comments#comment-61037

My suggestion was to replace Pam's voice with Joey's and switch the sweater with an item related to him (Joey's hoodie, a picture of him, a chocolate bar) Others suggested replacing the shack with a ambulance.

Well we have to suspend disbelief and be glad we got another Jason. The same game mechanics just have to be accepted, they can't retool the whole game unfortunately just for one character.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One thing Gun is really good at are little details with this franchise. Therefore, simply swapping the sweater with something of Joey’s will not work. Nobody knows Roy is Jason. He’s Jason to everyone. So they have no reason to look for, or even use something of Joey’s to kill Jason/Roy. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Culp said:

Well we have to suspend disbelief and be glad we got another Jason. The same game mechanics just have to be accepted, they can't retool the whole game unfortunately just for one character.

Although I would love to see some things changed up to accommodate Roy, I think this will be the likely scenario. He is even referred to as Jason on the stat screen.

4 minutes ago, Hell Toupee said:

Although I would love to see some things changed up to accommodate Roy, I think this will be the likely scenario. He is even referred to as Jason on the stat screen.

Maybe just some minor nod to his actual character? Gun have excelled at minor details so far, adding some small reference might be enough. I'd like something fairly poignant, like as he goes down on his knees after the sweater he wistfully whispers something about his son. I dunno, I'd have to give it some thought.

58 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Wait a second...does that mean that THIS is what we'll see when Roy's mask is knocked off? I mean, will the experience of playing as Roy completely differ from that of Jason? No cabin, no mother's voice? How will you kill him, since mother's sweater shouldn't work? Or is he essentially being treated as a Jason re-skin for gameplay purposes?

NECA-Reel-Toys-JasonRoy-003-e14147216397

Gene Hackman was Roy?!

So I like the new map however I'm worried about Roy, he's not a true Jason, he was a copycat, how would the sweater work? It's off for me, I like the idea of Roy coming into the game but he doesn't have Jason's supernatural powers (Then again it's all movie magic lol) Unless this isn't Roy but Jason taking Roy's mask, please let there be a cut scene with Jason killing Roy and taking his mask lol 

I half expected Roy to be in Paranoia. I was scared he wasn't going to get the treatment he deserved.

I'm glad he's a playable "Jason". The run stat and throwing knives have me scratching my head, but I can live with it.

1 hour ago, JasonVsWindows said:

My suggestion was to replace Pam's voice with Joey's

I think that would drive me insane.

Personally I'm more excited to get a new map.

First new map since offline mode. Think I might set it to easy, 1 counselor, and go on a sight seeing tour.

39 minutes ago, JASONtips said:

I'm just confused on....

#who is five

Like really..

25 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I half expected Roy to be in Paranoia. I was scared he wasn't going to get the treatment he deserved.

I'm glad he's a playable "Jason". The run stat and throwing knives have me scratching my head, but I can live with it.

I'd say stay tuned.

6 minutes ago, Jballz said:

So purple jason is realistic? Thats what a lot of people are going on about these days. Thats not canon/that is unrealistic etc... So no, I cant shut my whore mouth when Barney the purple fuckin dinosaur is in the game.

Hey. The guy that played Barney just started his own tantric sex business. That’s pretty hardcore. 

• Haha 1

Just now, dietgreentea said:

Fixed your silly question for you.

Yeah i seen that after i wrote it. I thought maybe their was a chance you would know what i meant. What i meant was this game is being based off of the movies, so a purple jason just doesnt cut it.

P.s. That god awful music when he's around just puts the icing on the cake 😂

4 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Hey. The guy that played Barney just started his own tantric sex business. That’s pretty hardcore. 

Hey hey, good for that guy. Props to him👍

3 minutes ago, Jballz said:

Yeah i seen that after i wrote it. I thought maybe their was a chance you would know what i meant. What i meant was this game is being based off of the movies, so a purple jason just doesnt cut it.

P.s. That god awful music when he's around just puts the icing on the cake 😂

I mean, you hate it, you hate it, different strokes. I personally love it, and I was a player of the NES game. Shrug!

It's pretty exciting to see this new trailer come out of nowhere, I like the new weapon shears for Jason instead of machetes, axes, & spear. The new kills look really sick & cant wait to see them wow. 

Plus seeing AJ dancing the robot in the trailer was amazing! 

25 minutes ago, Miss AJ said:

seeing AJ dancing the robot in the trailer was amazing! 

It's a nice reference to this 

• Like 1

Sweet! Color me excited about Roy and the Pinehurst map. I like Roy’s stats as well - not over or under powered (at least at first glance).

And free to boot.

Thanks Gun!

I am pretty excited to explore the new map. I found they did a better job "hiding" Jason's shack in the Jarvis Map. Plus it will be interesting to see how people on here fit it into the whole "one big map" (even though I am pretty certain it isn't on Crystal Lake like the other locations)

5 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

News on Retro Jason? No, we'll be talking about other things shortly, but for now we are focused on what is in the next update.

Just asking...

... IS THERE A M E A N G I R L IN THE NEXT UPDATE???

• Confused 1