~•Game Modes•~

So I made this post to share some of my ideas for new game modes, as well as some other ones that I've seen...... feel free to comment your own as well!                                                                                

Image result for nes friday the 13th fanart

1.) Campaign Mode

I was thinking a campaign mode would be pretty cool, and if I were to come up with the idea for one, I would base it off of the original NES game. If you don't know the plot for the original game, here's a quick summary that I stole from the wiki... "It's a pretty typical summer at Crystal Lake. There's a group of happy children staying in the Camp. You and your six camp counselor friends are watching over the kids while enjoying the lake and the wilderness. The days are bright and sunny. The nights are cool and clear. But Jason is on a rampage, and it's up to you to stop him, but it's not going to be easy. You must first fight your way through forests filled with man-eating wolves, caves covered with blood sucking bats, and hordes of mindless zombies everywhere you turn. You must also help any friend who is in danger, or else you can just kiss them goodbye. Hiding in a cabin or staying adrift in a canoe won't keep you safe, as Jason will find you. The only way to survive this summer is to challenge Jason face to face, and destroy him." (http://fridaythe13th.wikia.com/wiki/Friday_the_13th_(NES_video_game)). Now, this wouldn't be possible as of now, because a Jason AI doesn't exist, or at least that we know of, but none the less, I thought it would be a cool idea.

Image result for roy burns

2.) Paranoia Mode                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Yes, I know that this mode exists, however we still don't know how it's going to work yet. If you don't know, there was a Friday the 13th computer game in 1985. Here's a summary of how you played it: "The player can roam around freely in the scenery, walk in and outside of buildings. Jason, as well as other characters, do the same. It is the player's task to make sure his friends do not get killed by Jason, who often appears disguised as one of them, unless he is hit once and becomes visible as a man dressed in black. Various weapons (e.g., chainsawpitchforkare scattered around the area and can be picked up. There are five levels in the game, each time you play as another character. " (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_the_13th_(1985_computer_game)). Now, Paranoia wouldn't work exactly like this, but Jason being disguised as a player, such as a TF2 Spy, I believe is likely to make it in. Of course, Jason is going to be repleaced by Roy Burns, the copycat killer from Friday the 13th Part 5. Another way it might work is a sort of werewolf type game, where there are 7 or 8 counselors, and each day one of them is voted to be executed. Each night, the werewolf, or the copycat killer will choose someone to kill. Which of these two do you think is more likely?

Related image

3.) Pamela Mode                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Now, we all know that Roy and Pamela are not going to be in the regular F13 Mode. However, since Roy is getting his own game mode, why shouldn't Pamela? You could replace Jason's abilities with more human like ones. And she would likely use a Machete, Axe, or Bow, since all 3 of them are used in the original movie. But how would it work? I can imagine some sort of way to pick off counselors one by one. I can only see this as an altered version of the original F13 game mode. Finally, Pamela would probably control almost identically to the counselor.

Image result for friday the 13th part 9 possession

4.) Part 9 Mode                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Inspired by SahSimon's idea, a game mode where instead of killing counselors, Jason will possess them. If you haven't seen Part 9, this is something that happens throughout, in order to keep Jason's spirit alive, yes I know, it's a really weird concept. To kill Jason, you would need to get a new hero character, either Creighton Duke or Jessica Kimble, who would spawn woth the voorhees dagger and kill Jason. There would have to be more steps in order to kill him, but I figure this would be a cool concept. 

Image result for friday the 13th running

5.) Race Minigame                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

Disclaimer: I did NOT make this idea, I found it on the forums previously. All the counselors would race to the exit while Jason tries to kill them all. Betraying is allowed, and all stats are identical. I see this as a minigame you'd play while waiting for counselors to ready up. 

Image result for chad is a dick

6.) Race Minigame: Room for 1                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

A slight twist on the "Race Minigame" all rules are the same except only 1 counselor can escape.

Those are a few game mode ideas that I think would be really cool additions to the game. Comment below your opinions or your own game mode ideas.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

We did one the other day in my lobby where we had a gamr mode where there was one Lachappa. Lachappa can't attack or repair. He can collect knives and sprays. The other counselors have to make sure Lachappa survives or escapes. Jason can kill anyone and everyone, but the object is to protect Lachappa. If Lachappa dies it counts as a Jason win. It wasn't something I'd do every match bit it was pretty fun and interesting.

• Like 1

Some good ideas there (Part 9 mode with body hopping particularly could be inventive), so I'm gonna move this over to the Suggestions/Feedback forum. It belongs over there better and I hope you get some other feedback on these thoughts :)