Upcoming Jason Balance Changes - 1/25/18

Need change

- Too many pocketknifes in game
- Correct the calm down after they stum Jason
- Party (chat) in PSN only in private matchs
- Items appear on the map, after being marked, only in the final 5 minutes
- effects of items and attacks through doors

Thx

Main thing that I think would rectify the battle Chad group issue would be to fix the Jason Combat stance attacking delay. When the game first came out I could deal with groups of counselors by entering combat stance and blocking then quickly swinging my weapon at them. But following a previous patch, there became a delay between when I let go of the block button and when I would be able to swing my weapon, creating a timing issue and rendering this tactic ineffective. If you could fix that, it would put Jason back to the OP state he was, at least for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Personally I feel that Jason getting 2 extra throwing knives is just a band-aid, and unnecessary when you consider other ideas, such as re-arming traps that were stepped in as opposed to disarmed. Also, I see absolutley no mention of Jason's MELEE hit detection or melee weapon hitbox getting any change at all. If a counselor is even limping away from Jason, as long as they keep moving, Jason cannot hit them, even when he's right on their ass, because by the time the swing animation completes, the counselor has casually jogged/limped out of melee range. Also Jason can't hit counselors that are crouching, aside from Part 6 and Savini who can stab.

And again, I see NOTHING about the window invincibility barrier. I want to see a response to that and I want to know WHY that was put in place.

My humble suggestions:

• Allow Jason to pick up traps that haven't been disarmed and re-set them in the instance of bad placement or just deciding to use it elsewhere.
  • Possibly allow Jason to re-arm traps that have been tanked by being stepped in, but those disarmed with knives remain broken.
  • Increase Jason's melee weapon hitboxes.
  • A small additional stun resistance buff per stun, so that stuns get ever so slightly shorter the more Jason is attacked, up to a cap.
  • Remove combat stance lock-on entirely, or have it toggle-able.
  • Jason 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, and Uber get a "stab" attack, and Jasons 6 and Savini get a horizontal swing attack. This is in addition to the regular attacks.
  • Allow Jason to un-bar and unlock doors from the inside.
  • Allow Jason to close doors and potentially lock certain doors.
  • Remove window invincibility barrier.
  • giphy.gif
  • Jason can grab counselors that stand right next to windows, unless they are in combat stance.
  • tumblr_n690abalby1qj7u8ao1_500.gif
  • Allow Jason to un-bar doors that are nearly destroyed by reaching inside.
  • tumblr_ojpwowqsYH1twzku7o1_500.gif
  • Allow Jason to grab people through destructible walls and doors without a bar, or those that aren't barred, like so:
  •  
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Good evening, counselors and slashers.

We’ve seen your reports; our Jason characters aren’t scary. We’ve seen the videos of counselors running circles around Jason and smacking him upside the head, repeatedly, while he quietly resigns himself to his fate. We’ve even seen videos of Jason being forced to run away while being chased by 4 Chads with baseball bats.

That’s not cool, and Chad is a dick.

As such, we will be implementing the following changes to Jason characters.

• Each Jason will be gaining a small speed increase - this is not so fast as to make it impossible for counselors to escape from a Jason player, but it is enough to make Jason feel more relentless.
  • Each Jason will start with 2 additional throwing knives.
  • Jason’s grab reach and radius have been looked at and reworked - this should help alleviate the issues players are reporting of counselors slipping through Jason’s fingers, while still retaining a fair grab range for counselor players.

We feel that these changes will do quite a bit to bring a proper balance to the game. Please continue submitting your feedback for Friday the 13th: The Game!

Just be super careful with that "Slurp" Range on the grab. I agree Jason is really weak now, but where he was at first was idiotic. Its got to be some where in the middle but closer to how it is now. 

What in the hell does dedicated servers, stun resistance, pocket knives and med sprays have to do with this thread? Huh? HUH!?! Stop it!

Now...I am happy with this news. I recommend that all Jason players invest in the use of throwing knives. I was never much of a knife guy until more recently and I'm finding it to be essential and a lot of fun. 

Jason's extra speed (I assume it's just for running/power walking) will also be very helpful. My only concern is that walking Jasons might look a little silly, but we will have to see.

And if this grab adjustment adds an extra 15 to 20% more of a chance at landing a shift-grab, then I will be a happy camper killer.

Pocket knives are what really make Jason not so scary and embolden crowds of people to make HIM the prey. That really would have been the best tweak. I’m interested in seeing how these changes affect the game, though. 

Looking forward to the new changes.  Also, how 'bout making Stalk available when the match starts...or at least for Jason's that have Stalk as a strength.  It takes too long to use it... and please fix it so that when you cancel stalk the cooldown will be shorter.  Thanks.

most of the people complaining about Jason’s stun chance are people that flat out aren’t very good at playing as Jason.  That’s just the harsh reality. I have no problem whatsoever.  In my lobby people do fear when I’m jason or call me names because they weren’t able to get away. 

77104140-9E21-4242-9195-5818CFA5A62B.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

More knives? Faster speed? Honestly? Who cares? You need to fix the stun problems. Low strength characters shouldn’t be stunning with single hits. Fix that, fix the problem. Knives won’t do jack against against people with thick skin perks and health sprays. Get real. If you think that these are solutions, then you REALLY are not listening to us  

Also, it would help if I could connect and play again. Haven’t played against a live person in 3 days and I have eliminated other problems. I can play online with other games but not this one. 

Stun chance is not linked to strength stat.

Nor is stun duration linked to Strength.

Weapons have a FLAT STUN RATE ACROSS THE BOARD. The reason for so many stuns is that by now a lot of players have Sucker Punch at a decent percentage. I personally have 20%. That makes the wrench into an effective stun weapon.

But I do think that to some degree Strength should matter more in gameplay beyond merely dealing damage to Jason.

2 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I gotta say im extremely dissapointed with this. 

There's no changes to the armorys at every campsite. No changes to counselors sexualy assaulting Jason. No changes to the pocket knife/med spray count.

These buffs are minor.

They are only talking about Jason specific changes with this post. More info inbound in other things they are changing in regards to balance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, malikvadyusha said:

The developers will forgive me, give me a Steam key of the game, I like the game, but there is no money on the game, and generally I don't buy the game! I play on a pirated version of the game very much, but with these players to play much more interesting. And excuse me for me English, I don't understand it. I hope you will understand me.

Something tells me you won't be around on these forums for much longer to practice your English.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Stun chance is not linked to strength stat.

Nor is stun duration linked to Strength.

Weapons have a FLAT STUN RATE ACROSS THE BOARD. The reason for so many stuns is that by now a lot of players have Sucker Punch at a decent percentage. I personally have 20%. That makes the wrench into an effective stun weapon.

But I do think that to some degree Strength should matter more in gameplay beyond merely dealing damage to Jason.

Wasted time with that post. Somebody else already responded and I replied. 

I dont use sucker punch as Chad and I always stun. 

May have been answered but there's a bunch of pages now. But each Jason getting a small speed increase.. Does this include the ones that can run anyways? Cus eh. >> (This is bias tho I'm not very good and die a bunch >>)

1 minute ago, LivLaughSesh said:

each Jason getting a small speed increase.. Does this include the ones that can run anyways? 

Yeah, it'd be super weird if "each Jason" actually meant each Jason, right? :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Yeah, it'd be super weird if "each Jason" actually meant each Jason, right? :rolleyes:

Sorry, I was just being hopeful ok! ;; 

Edit: as said I'm a 'noob'ie >//

4 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We’ve seen your reports; our Jason characters aren’t scary. We’ve seen the videos of counselors running circles around Jason and smacking him upside the head, repeatedly, while he quietly resigns himself to his fate. We’ve even seen videos of Jason being forced to run away while being chased by 4 Chads with baseball bats.

• Each Jason will be gaining a small speed increase - this is not so fast as to make it impossible for counselors to escape from a Jason player, but it is enough to make Jason feel more relentless.
  • Jason’s grab reach and radius have been looked at and reworked - this should help alleviate the issues players are reporting of counselors slipping through Jason’s fingers, while still retaining a fair grab range for counselor players.

We feel that these changes will do quite a bit to bring a proper balance to the game. Please continue submitting your feedback for Friday the 13th: The Game!

What about Jason's traps? Will there be an increase in traps? I feel like if you're not decreasing the number of pocket knives and med sprays he should have more traps. 

45 minutes ago, Billsfan1 said:

Ha! If only you knew the half of it.

This isn't the thread you're looking for.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, TheInfamous05 said:

most of the people complaining about Jason’s stun chance are people that flat out aren’t very good at playing as Jason.  That’s just the harsh reality. I have no problem whatsoever.  In my lobby people do fear when I’m jason or call me names because they weren’t able to get away. 

77104140-9E21-4242-9195-5818CFA5A62B.jpeg

tbt.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So this is the result of all the feedback? Man, where do I begin. 

Jason's small speed increase will just disadvantage slow counselors even more, while barely making a difference for the fast ones.

2 extra throwing knives is virtually meaningless, it will cripple one counselor at best / remove 1 med spray out of a possible 11 + Medic + Hypochondriac (you do the math).

Grab reach and radius adjustment is needed and hopefully will be adjusted in a sensible way. Just don't make Jason into a walking vacuum cleaner again. Grab range is the least of his problems however, considering that Jason is completely disadvantaged in group combat. Something which he does not even have adequate tools for. Not to mention combat itself favours the counselors even in 1v1 as they can immediately counterhit without delay.

Overall these changes will pale in comparison to the far bigger ones coming from the playerbase to compensate for the imbalance. Jason tech has quietly been worked on for the past month by the top players, expect to see stun immunity + cruise missile shift + auto aim grab make its way into public knowledge soon (all of these things already work).

こんにちは 日本からこのゲームを楽しんでます。
Hello I am enjoying this game from Japan.

いくつかジェイソンをやって修正して欲しい箇所があります。
There are places that I want some Jason to do and fix.

・全体的にカウンセラーの持つナイフが多すぎる。(グラブキルが非常にし辛い現状)
・Overall the counselor has too many knives. (Grab kill is very painful present condition)

・ナイフでスタンされた後、そのスタン解除後、カウンセラーによる追撃スタンがほぼ入る
After being stunned with a knife, after the stuns are released, the pursuit stunt by the counselor almost comes in
(ジェイソン側は何も対処出来ません)
(Jason side can not deal with anything)

・上記によりジェイソンマスクが非常に取れやすい現状があります
There are present conditions that Jason mask is very easy to remove by the above

・個人的にジェイソンナイフ2本増加は微妙です(こまめに取れば10本は取れます)
Personally, the increase of two Jason Knives is subtle (Ten can be taken if you take frequent acquisition)

・投げナイフでは無く、ジェイソンの持つ罠をもっと増加させてほしい。
 I would like you to increase Jason 's trap more, not a throwing knife.

・ジェイソンがスタンしやすいのを改善して欲しい。(集団で武器持ちが多いと、ジェイソンは何もできない)
I would like Jason to improve the easiness of stunning. (Jason can not do anything if there are many weapons in the group)

・ジェイソンの移動速度改善は有難いですが、ジェイソンの武器攻撃速度をもっと早くなる様改善して欲しい。
Although Jason's speed of movement improvement is appreciate, I'd like to improve Jason's weapon attack speed sooner.
(これにより、集団でカウンセラーが来られてもある程度は対処出来るのかなと思いました)
(Thought that I thought whether a counselor could come up to some extent even if they came)

・レイジモードにもう少し付加価値があっても良いのかなと個人的には思います。
Personally I wonder if I can add a little more value to Rage mode.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

ReWe’ve seen your reports; our Jason characters aren’t scary. We’ve seen the videos of counselors running circles around Jason and smacking him upside the head, repeatedly, while he quietly resigns himself to his fate. We’ve even seen videos of Jason being forced to run away while being chased by 4 Chads with baseball bats.

Also reduce the number of pocket knives. The Fuse doesn't spawn in or around the phone house. Adjust stun chance to take a counselor's strength into account, or lack thereof. Make Jason's chase music radius start at zero and have it gradually get louder as the game goes on, so by time his Rage mode activates it's loud and blaring with a huge radius. Make each hit counselors land on Jason fill up his Rage Meter. When Rage is active raise Jason's stun resistance by 30%. When Jason Rage walks through a door give him 1.5 seconds of invulnerability. Make counselors play a skill based mini game when attempting to disable Jason's traps with a pocket knife, and failing repeatedly will trap the counselor's hand and give Jason an audio notification as well as a mark on his map of which trap is being tampered with. Jason should be able to grab counselors through cabin windows and pull them out similar to how he pulls them out of the car. And there's so many destructable walls inside of cabins so if Jason is on one side and a counselor is on the other, Jason should be allowed to burst through the wall and grab the counselor on the other side, similar to how batman grabs enemies through walls in the Arkham games. And lasty, allow Jason to take cover when he's using Stalk and grab counselors from cover. So he'd be able to hide on the other side of windows or behind trees or just around the corner of a cabin, waiting to pop out and jumpscare a counselor. Which is what Stalk is made for anyway. Just imagine you're heading to the car with the gas.. you don't see or hear anything. You start filling it up and all of a sudden Jason stands up on the other side of the car!

I do feel Jason needs a time frame of being invulnerable to stuns. Chain stunning is horrible and in no damn way should he be able to be stunned multiple times in a row. Counselors should scatter at the moment Jason is stunned for fear of him getting back up, not ready to beat on him some more. 

Also since it was stated these are the only balance changes to Jason coming, is it possible his weapon hitbox is a different issue entirely not related to him specifically? Because the weapon hitbox is god awful now and it makes very unfun to try and weaken counselors. If they never intend on fixing this, and soon, I'm going to be extremely disappointed. 

こんにちは 日本からこのゲームを楽しんでます。
Hello I am enjoying this game from Japan.

いくつかジェイソンをやって修正して欲しい箇所があります。
There are places that I want some Jason to do and fix.

・全体的にカウンセラーの持つナイフが多すぎる。(グラブキルが非常にし辛い現状)
・Overall the counselor has too many knives. (Grab kill is very painful present condition)

・ナイフでスタンされた後、そのスタン解除後、カウンセラーによる追撃スタンがほぼ入る
After being stunned with a knife, after the stuns are released, the pursuit stunt by the counselor almost comes in
(ジェイソン側は何も対処出来ません)
(Jason side can not deal with anything)

・上記によりジェイソンマスクが非常に取れやすい現状があります
There are present conditions that Jason mask is very easy to remove by the above

・個人的にジェイソンナイフ2本増加は微妙です(こまめに取れば10本は取れます)
Personally, the increase of two Jason Knives is subtle (Ten can be taken if you take frequent acquisition)

・投げナイフでは無く、ジェイソンの持つ罠をもっと増加させてほしい。
 I would like you to increase Jason 's trap more, not a throwing knife.

・ジェイソンがスタンしやすいのを改善して欲しい。(集団で武器持ちが多いと、ジェイソンは何もできない)
I would like Jason to improve the easiness of stunning. (Jason can not do anything if there are many weapons in the group)

・ジェイソンの移動速度改善は有難いですが、ジェイソンの武器攻撃速度をもっと早くなる様改善して欲しい。
Although Jason's speed of movement improvement is appreciate, I'd like to improve Jason's weapon attack speed sooner.
(これにより、集団でカウンセラーが来られてもある程度は対処出来るのかなと思いました)
(Thought that I thought whether a counselor could come up to some extent even if they came)

・レイジモードにもう少し付加価値があっても良いのかなと個人的には思います。
Personally I wonder if I can add a little more value to Rage mode.

Glad to see other regions having interest in the game and want Jason to be a threat again. 

7 minutes ago, VenomSymbiote said:

Glad to see other regions having interest in the game and want Jason to be a threat again. 

Funny that the same complaints are echoed across the world.