Upcoming Jason Balance Changes - 1/25/18

22 minutes ago, i-cold said:

What about upgrade to DX 12 on PC?

Yes, I am also waiting for this. 

Just now, tHr33 said:

Yes, I am also waiting for this. 

I dont know, but dx 11 looks cause a "bottleneck":

GPU:  50%  | CPU: 42%      DX11: 40 fps  no V-SYNC

You can see a big difference on Doom with OpenGL x Vulkan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, i-cold said:

I dont know, but dx 11 looks cause a "bottleneck":

GPU:  50%  | CPU: 42%      DX11: 40 fps  no V-SYNC

You can see a big difference on Doom with OpenGL x Vulkan.

I see the reason why I don't get expected FPS. They should really do a DX12 upgrade.

16 minutes ago, tHr33 said:

I see the reason why I don't get expected FPS. They should really do a DX12 upgrade.

It was enough for the game to use the hardware correctly, or this is bad otimization or limitation by DX 11 is not possible use GPU at 100%

8 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Are you serious man? That's taking a lot of credit for something that has existed since release. The main source of counselor combat tactics (including beginner level turn & burn) is Pappus, so don't go convincing yourself that you were a big part of the fight Jason meta. It has been here as long as the game's been around.

There is absolutely no reason to withhold strategy / info either. Knowledge is there to be shared, that's how the game progresses on both sides. But thinking that you can singlehandedly impact balance is quite delusional frankly. I am extremely curious what tactics you know that I wouldn't know myself. I'm releasing a guide for Jason combat soon, you can tell me what I missed in it.

Dude, don't waste your time. This guy knows nothing. He's a total poser.

It's right counselors have lots of pocket knives, as long as all the Jasons have many traps

9 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Are you serious man? That's taking a lot of credit for something that has existed since release. The main source of counselor combat tactics (including beginner level turn & burn) is Pappus, so don't go convincing yourself that you were a big part of the fight Jason meta. It has been here as long as the game's been around.

I know Pappus is the original founder of it. But I accidentally helped spread it by posting it on these forums. My topic regarding parts of counselor combat has almost 3000 views. In that I explain some stuff, and ever since people have heard that distance and timing is what combat is all about in this game, loads of people have begun to practice it. Well that and combined with the added pocket knives which have given people extra courage to try it out.

Ever since I posted on these forums, combined with the pocket knife patch, fighting Jason has skyrocketed. It might be pure coincidence, and I do hope so. 

On 1/25/2018 at 3:00 PM, ShiftySamurai said:

Good evening, counselors and slashers.

We’ve seen your reports; our Jason characters aren’t scary. We’ve seen the videos of counselors running circles around Jason and smacking him upside the head, repeatedly, while he quietly resigns himself to his fate. We’ve even seen videos of Jason being forced to run away while being chased by 4 Chads with baseball bats.

That’s not cool, and Chad is a dick.

As such, we will be implementing the following changes to Jason characters.

• Each Jason will be gaining a small speed increase - this is not so fast as to make it impossible for counselors to escape from a Jason player, but it is enough to make Jason feel more relentless.
  • Each Jason will start with 2 additional throwing knives.
  • Jason’s grab reach and radius have been looked at and reworked - this should help alleviate the issues players are reporting of counselors slipping through Jason’s fingers, while still retaining a fair grab range for counselor players.

We feel that these changes will do quite a bit to bring a proper balance to the game. Please continue submitting your feedback for Friday the 13th: The Game!

Okay, my apologies first and foremost if this has already been discussed. I've not seen it yet.

Does anyone know what TIME tomorrow this patch will drop across the platforms?

Grazie.

3 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

On PS4 any updates usually come around 1130am to 130pm Est time. No idea officially, and maybe that's just when my PS4 does updates, but it's usually pretty standard for me.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Okay, my apologies first and foremost if this has already been discussed. I've not seen it yet.

Grazie.

It drops when we get 15 new posts saying the update is live. That's when you'll know.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Truth said:

It drops when we get 15 new posts saying the update is live. That's when you'll know.

Egghhh . . . thanks.  :lol: 

1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Egghhh . . . thanks.  :lol: 

Anytime.

While I agree that the grabbing needs to be fixed, I don't think that he needs to be sped up. Jason has all the tools to catch any counselor, one of the most important tools being the lack of a stamina bar. I always play a Jason who can't run (lvl 50), and I still do not have any long lasting trouble with the speedy characters, or with courageous mobs of fighters. This is just going to give the slower characters an even bigger disadvantage when it comes to speed, which there a lot more of than faster chars.

Edited by Josh_Voorhees

On 1/25/2018 at 9:22 PM, Charlie Chainsaw said:

To be able to actually grab a counselor when they are within 6 feet of me. To be able to actually hit a counselor when they are literally touching me. To not get stunned by one hit from the weakest counselor. And if you’re going to quote me, don’t manipulate my original quote. 

And to that I say, aim better, and block more. Its not rocket science.

3 hours ago, Kalist said:

Ever since I posted on these forums, combined with the pocket knife patch, fighting Jason has skyrocketed. 

It's cute how you acknowledge the actual source of the increase in counselor combativeness, while still trying to assert your own relevance. KFTC, champ!

7 minutes ago, JayDoesGames said:

Aim better when it’s impossible to hit a crouching counselor now??? Makes sense. Or they could just fix the hit and grab detection. Whatever. 

Just now, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Aim better when it’s impossible to hit a crouching counselor now??? Makes sense. Or they could just fix the hit and grab detection. Whatever. 

Then grab when they crouch, lawl. I'd agree with the hit detection thing though. It's needed fixing for a while.

26 minutes ago, Hutche said:

These changes are needed, I don't know what you were playing.

F13 for the Xbox One, if you're referring to what I said. The speed increase will only end up being a crutch for weaker Jason players, who will complain if they still can't catch someone. Like I said, I don't play running Jasons and I still don't have a problem. It's not supposed to be about being able to breathe down a counselor's neck who is running away from you, but using your abilities properly and strategizing against their escape. The speed increase isn't needed, you'll see. I will stress that this is my personal opinion & should be taken as such, not as an insult.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

It's cute how you acknowledge the actual source of the increase in counselor combativeness, while still trying to assert your own relevance.

I guess the upcoming patch will tell which one of the two is true.

4 hours ago, JayDoesGames said:

With the new patch, you'll have to do everything as a counselor to survive that you recommend Jason's do.

Isn't that neat?

Show em, champ!

" Each Jason will start with 2 additional throwing knives. "

is this meant to replace the 2 throwing knives jason players have to get off the wall in the shack at the beginning of the game?

1 minute ago, sugoiboi said:

" Each Jason will start with 2 additional throwing knives. "

is this meant to replace the 2 throwing knives jason players have to get off the wall in the shack at the beginning of the game?

Hopefully not: you'll just start with your Jason's normal amount + 2, and be able to collect the two in the shack. Jason gets +2 early knives, counselors get to keep their head start while Jason collects the shack knives.