ShiftySamurai

Upcoming Jason Balance Changes - 1/25/18

Wow. What a joke. It took you months of research and hard work to make the terrible decision that a couple extra of an item that's literally scattered all around the map are going to somehow affect balance? Your own community members have been stressing the importance of fixing hit boxes, increased items, window zones, dedicated servers, and a whole wide variety of other frustrating balance and performance issues that you continue to completely ignore. At this point you either don't have the skill to fix these problems or the money to pay people to fix them for you. The glaring reality is that your development team is full of amateurs who use pre-boxed software that runs like a shitty GTA mod and your Community Support is like trying to talk to a retarded dog. Sure, it looks at you when you yell at it but it has no idea what you're saying and still thinks it's a good idea to shit all over everything that you paid for. 

5 hours ago, D00las said:

I’m surprised by the amount of people who want to change the stun mechanics. They weren’t a problem until Jason’s ability to fight back in combat stance was removed. Shouldn’t we rather concentrate on the original cause instead of messing with a mechanic that has worked alright so far and is likely to cause even more problems if it was changed? Characters like Jenny would be rendered useless and melee couldn’t be used for stamina management even in surprise attacks. 

That is actually something I forgot about because I haven't played as Jason in so long.

@ShiftySamurai When they removed animation canceling, it created a really long delay after letting go of block before you can attack again. This was probably so they couldn't "block-swing," but the time frame is way too long. It should only be active for as long as the block button is held, no more. There's a good 2 seconds after releasing block where Jason cannot attack and is a sitting duck for a stun.

5 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

The window of the effectiveness of combat against Jason should be as big as it was in the movies. Most shit just bounced off of him and the attacker was always left embarrassed and dead. 

Jason is on offense, not the counselors. That's the biggest problem about the game.

Totally agreed, that's exactly what I think. At the state the game is today most of the time there are 4-5 "winners" in a match being counselors who escape by calmy jogging in front of the "killer", or chain stunning him, etc...

You shift-grab them? Take a pocket knife.

You close shift at them and slash them? They crouch and you slash pure air.

So you finally get to slash one or two of them? The one who is limping gets to stun you, everybody gets healed by their sprays, and let's start all over again,

My preference has always been and continues to be Jason whenever I can in a match, but I've seen that now people are scared of being Jason when it should be the other way around in a freaking Jason game! That's just sad. 

About the balancing updates they are talking here I think they are fine, certainly not enough, just fine. Any buff to Jason is welcome at this point, but the team should be thinking of the most important issues like Jason's hit detection (mainly the crouching thing), instead of adding two throwing-knives to Jason. The unbalance that is happening now is mainly because they decided to add pocket-knives and sprays everywhere in the last patch. Keep adding stuff is not a solution when you don't fix things that are not working properly, actually it makes things worse.

If they can't/don't want to mess up too much with the game all at once making the many changes everybody here is asking, why not to think it simple like ok let's limit character selection then and see what happens. Every counselor gets to be only one different character. No more 4 Chads and 3 Vanessas. Just for one patch, let's see. I believe at least half of the balance problems would be directly addressed with this move.

1 hour ago, MrPyct said:

Wow. What a joke. It took you months of research and hard work to make the terrible decision that a couple extra of an item that's literally scattered all around the map are going to somehow affect balance? Your own community members have been stressing the importance of fixing hit boxes, increased items, window zones, dedicated servers, and a whole wide variety of other frustrating balance and performance issues that you continue to completely ignore. At this point you either don't have the skill to fix these problems or the money to pay people to fix them for you. The glaring reality is that your development team is full of amateurs who use pre-boxed software that runs like a shitty GTA mod and your Community Support is like trying to talk to a retarded dog. Sure, it looks at you when you yell at it but it has no idea what you're saying and still thinks it's a good idea to shit all over everything that you paid for. 

This isn't the entire patch... It's strictly regarding Jason balance, nothing more.

2 hours ago, MrPyct said:

Who hurt you?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MrPyct said:

Gee. Whose fake account is this? Apparently, someone who's been banned for constant trash talking felt the need to create a new account just to do it some more in their very first comment. 

• Like 1

Will the hit detection on Jason's weapons when slashing counselors be fixed as well. Right now, 50% of the time they slip right through counselors.

18 hours ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

I clearly remember before all these crappy changes that since I play A.J all the time when I tried to stun Jason I just hit him most of times but I didn't stun him, same for almost all repairs characters. Now with A.J or every character when I hit Jason is a secure stun.

This is true. Certain characters did not stun Jason as much as others. I believe it was tied to strength and/or luck. Weapon breakage was tied to luck.

Think we are gonna need a bit more than that...but we will see how these changes take effect.  I haven't been playing the game as much...only on offline mode because online was getting ridiculous....Jason is suppose to be feared and extremely scary...I think if a counselor is alone and Jason is around them, their fear should increase drastically...It would also be cool if Jason could actually throw his actual weapon at a counselor (not just on an animated sequence) because it is what he would actually do (aka the harpoon he used he shot someone through the eye).  I just think he should also be able to use more than throwing knives as weapons...Jason is extremely creative and should be able to use more than his surroundings (again, not just for animated sequences).

31 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Will the hit detection on Jason's weapons when slashing counselors be fixed as well. Right now, 50% of the time they slip right through counselors.

Have they ever acknowledged peoples complaints with the hit detection? You'd think something like that would be easily noticed and fixed but it's been how long now?

1 hour ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Gee. Whose fake account is this? Apparently, someone who's been banned for constant trash talking felt the need to create a new account just to do it some more in their very first comment. 

I had Mr. Picht as a teacher, he was a jerk.

8 hours ago, William Shatner said:

I hope it does something I stopped playing when Jason was nerfed and really liked the game, It might also be nice if Jason could grab and pull them through windows, I know of a guy in real life who was grabbed and pulled through a window then beat up(screen window)  so i  don't think it unbeliable Jason could grab someone through a window and pull them out.

They give patches once a month normally which isn't bad there was none in Jan because December's was so big

That doesn't make any sense- the last one was so big so they can't do another patch?

The previous patch came after nothing for close to two months.

A number of people still have yet to comprehend that the statement Shifty gave was in response to “Jason only” balance adjustments. This does not mean the abundant items issue of last patch will not be addressed along with other issues. 

I would hope something was corrected with Jason/counselor hit detection but if it’s not in this patch than at least (assuming) item drops have been corrected and Jason’s grab has been improved. Those two things alone greatly improve problem areas of the game. It may not be what everyone hoped/asked for but it’s progress.

Its best to be patient and see what additional news comes our way in regards to other improvements, bug fixes, etc. I’m sure there is more to come and it was said the patch “may” drop next week. For those who have stuck with it since day one we’ve been through it all together so these improvements will bring presumably favorable changes to the gameplay. I’ve been plenty frustrated as anyone else but I am still plenty excited for any improvements. 

I think this will cause Jason to be more OP in the game, it's already enough than Jason can kill people without using environment kill but if Jason get all the buff then it will be unfair to the counselors, correct me if I'm wrong...maxresdefault.jpg

1 minute ago, Fauzan X said:

I think this will cause Jason to be more OP in the game, it's already enough than Jason can kill people without using environment kill but if Jason get all the buff then it will be unfair to the counselors, correct me if I'm wrong...maxresdefault.jpg

You're wrong. The game is heavily in the counselors favor at the moment with all the items, stamina, objectives on the map, stun locking Jason, traps range being nerfed, Jasons horrible hit boxes, etc.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, VenomSymbiote said:

You're wrong. The game is heavily in the counselors favor at the moment with all the items, stamina, objectives on the map, stun locking Jason, traps range being nerfed, Jasons horrible hit boxes, etc.

Well then, thanks for fixing my errors about the game.....hahahahahahahahaha, sorry bout my false opinion. Then, it's settle then, Thanx 4 fixing my error bro.Search+Members+Calendar+FAQ+Portal.jpg

25 minutes ago, Майерс Джокер said:

Дайте Джейсона Савини для всех пожалуйста!

Give Jason Savini to everyone please!

Not going to happen. Now stop asking for it.

• Like 1

Sounds like this Tuesday, the 30th, could be the time. That's when the Roy and Pinehurst content is set for, so unless they're doing another patch later on for everything else, seems a good shout.

Great changes. Now fix his rage mode when he breaks thru walls and doors he gets stunned and cant do anything about it. A few less pocket knifes would be nice since almost each camp site has them plus cabins but maybe this change will balance that.. Throwing knifes are great for when counselors jump through windows because you can hit them with a knife with they stand up.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LeDunk 6 said:

Great changes. Now fix his rage mode when he breaks thru walls and doors he gets stunned and cant do anything about it. A few less pocket knifes would be nice since almost each camp site has them plus cabins but maybe this change will balance that.. Throwing knifes are great for when counselors jump through windows because you can hit them with a knife with they stand up.

Yeah that is annoying. Makes raging through doors and walls kind of pointless at times because you can likely just be smacked for it. I've been breaking down doors the old combat stance way during rage just to not get stunned, but that still helps the counselors out more because they get to regain their infinite stamina pool. Really wish fear factored in to how much and how fast stamina regenerated. 

23 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

As such, we will be implementing the following changes to Jason characters.

• Each Jason will be gaining a small speed increase - this is not so fast as to make it impossible for counselors to escape from a Jason player, but it is enough to make Jason feel more relentless.
  • Each Jason will start with 2 additional throwing knives.
  • Jason’s grab reach and radius have been looked at and reworked - this should help alleviate the issues players are reporting of counselors slipping through Jason’s fingers, while still retaining a fair grab range for counselor players.

Sounds like maybe this will fix some of the problem of Jason being Nerfed to death... but  I'm not sure what it's going to do for problems like the window breaking glitch where Jason glitches out and can't swing his axe or perform a kill, (or anything else for that matter)... Or what it's going to do for those 3 or 4 chads who just run around relentlessly beating Jason  to death 

22 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

:

• Remove window invincibility barrier.
  • giphy.gif

Yes please! For the love of god fix the damn windows. We have been begging you guys to revert the windows back to the way they was months ago. They are STILL broke as hell. Fix them!