ShiftySamurai

Upcoming Jason Balance Changes - 1/25/18

46 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We feel that these changes will do quite a bit to bring a proper balance to the game. Please continue submitting your feedback for Friday the 13th: The Game!

Not really no, those are not BALANCE change at all, you just throw a bone to us but, unless there is more, a LOT more this it not enough

Windows magic bubble ? Stun ? Medic perk ? Car issue ? Infinite stamina ? Fear level ? Swap Stalk with Sense ? And the list is long

Two more throwing knife is meh, speed increase meh, grab change i'd love to see exactly what do you mean with that, how much is changed?

• Like 1

Quick note: This post is solely about changes made specifically to Jason characters in regards to balance. There is more to talk about over the next few days.

This helps - a bit.

But most of the problems with Jason have to do with bugs, not necessarily speed. A couple extra throwing knives might help people who have a moral code against Slashing...Buuut I'm still gonna slash. The extra speed should make slashing even better, too.

I'm sure these changes will likely come coupled with a reduction in counselor items...That'll be a start in the right direction.

But I swear to god...If the next patch doesn't fix the bug where Jason can't interact with anything until he's hit, I'm done.

The bug with the driver of the car has to go, too.

Also, if all we're getting this week is news, and not a patch. Tell us now. I'm assuming these changes are being announced because the patch has been sent. But we still deserve to know. (Disregard this part. I saw the tweets. Cert tomorrow. Sometime next week is best scenario...Good enough)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Super Ty said:

I am indeed assuming this, and I base my assumption on the fact that near every patch since launch has been a let down in my opinion. They haven’t exactly given me any reason to be confident in them. Hopefully this time it will finally be different.

Hope this helps:

Just now, ShiftySamurai said:

Quick note: This post is solely about changes made specifically to Jason characters in regards to balance. There is more to talk about over the next few days.

33 minutes ago, f13jb95 said:

f13.png

• Like 1

These are all great - however, they should also remove at least 2 pocketknives per map and 1 shotgun.  I once shot Jason with 3 shotguns in one match.  They were all a few feet from one another.  I also have found 5 pocketknives just for myself in one match.  It's absurd.

Second, as others said, fix hit detection to be more fair.  

Third, maybe add more hitpoints to Jason.  Killing him has become too easy.

1 minute ago, AldermachXI said:

This helps - a bit.

But most of the problems with Jason have to do with bugs, not necessarily speed. A couple extra throwing knives might help people who have a moral code against Slashing...Buuut I'm still gonna slash. The extra speed should make slashing even better, too.

I'm sure these changes will likely come coupled with a reduction in counselor items...That'll be a start in the right direction.

But I swear to god...If the next patch doesn't fix the bug where Jason can't interact with anything until he's hit, I'm done.

The bug with the driver of the car has to go, too.

Also need the window prompt/protection bubble for counselors at windows gone too

Just now, NScarlato said:

These are all great - however, they should also remove at least 2 pocketknives per map and 1 shotgun.  I once shot Jason with 3 shotguns in one match.  They were all a few feet from one another.  I also have found 5 pocketknives just for myself in one match.  It's absurd.

Second, as others said, fix hit detection to be more fair.  

Third, maybe add more hitpoints to Jason.  Killing him has become too easy.

I agree there are to many pocket knives and one less shotgun is fine i mean you got three including tommys if you do that. it only takes 2 and a slash of a ax or machete to get the mask off.

Just now, ShiftySamurai said:

I understand that, but things like Jasons hitboxes would fall under Jason balance, no? Which is one of the huge hindering issues with him among others. Same with Jason 7 as a whole. The weird safe haven window bubble may not be attached to Jason specifically but again how are we to know if any of these are even known about by your team? 

Wait. So he spawns in with 2 throwing knifes? If that’s the case then I disagree. If more throwing knifes spawn in his shack then that’s fine.

1 minute ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Also need the window prompt/protection bubble for counselors at windows gone too

I agree. But I doubt the devs will ever change this mechanic again...It's already changed like 3-4 times. Who knows though...

4 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

So that's all ? Those three things are the only balance issue you're going to fix for Jason ? Nothing else ?

1 minute ago, Chace Hollett said:

Wait. So he spawns in with 2 throwing knifes? If that’s the case then I disagree. If more throwing knifes spawn in his shack then that’s fine.

because spawning with two knives and getting 2 in the shack is any different then spawning 4 in shack....

Remove pocket knifes at least a few.  Glad the teabagging will be reduced with this update.  Kill em Jason...KILL EM ALL!  :angry:

Thanks for the update fellows!!

Just now, Blinckx said:

So that's all ? Those three things are the only balance issue you're going to fix for Jason ? Nothing else ?

I mean what more could you possibly want? More HP? Proper weapon hitboxes? The ability to break windows like you could at release? Being able to stand up to a group of counselors without getting stunlocked? Pfffft, why would you want ANY of that? 

• Like 2

Just now, Blinckx said:

Pocket knives, med spray count, and shotgun count does not apply to Jason, it applies to counselor. 

I believe they worked on reducing the number of them.

If not then that would cause a lot of backlash.

4 minutes ago, skallapat said:

I agree there are to many pocket knives and one less shotgun is fine i mean you got three including tommys if you do that. it only takes 2 and a slash of a ax or machete to get the mask off.

Also in regards to the pocketknives, it's not only about not being able to grab anyone.  If you are a Jason with negativeTraps, they can disarm all of your traps in the match and still have 4 knives among them to prevent grab kills.

Even Jasons with 5 traps can have them all disarmed/tanked due to knives, thick skin, and double med sprays.

That's it? No offense but I feel like that isn't enough! Why not give jason "Stalk" at the beginning of the match? Why not take the items dropped off the map like they used to? Why not allow jason to kill the cops? Or have s timer on the cops like once they show up councelors now have 2 minutes to escape if they don't then the cops leave due to "Prank Call"?

come on gun make the game hard to escape! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VenomSymbiote said:

I mean what more could you possibly want? More HP? Proper weapon hitboxes? The ability to break windows like you could at release? Being able to stand up to a group of counselors without getting stunlocked? Pfffft, why would you want ANY of that? 

Two more knife lol...i hope this balance change is not game breaking...i mean how can a counselor with almost infinite med spray could survive that extreme huge change

• Haha 1

I think to eliminate tea bagging, if a counselor walks over a downed Jason, then should trip and take damage. Causing them to limp. 

2 minutes ago, Blinckx said:

Two more knife lol...i hope this balance change is not game breaking...i mean how can a counselor with almost infinite med spray could survive that extreme huge change

See what sucks is that the knives have hit detection issue too! I've tossed them right at counselors who weren't juking, who were saving stamina so not running, and completely missed. This never used to happen at release. I wouldn't be surprised if the weapon hitbox issue was somehow tied to the knife one too. I can tell you it pisses me right the fuck off when I swing Jason 6s spear, see it go through the counselor, and nothing happen. Holy hell does that suck real hard.

1 minute ago, VenomSymbiote said:

See what sucks is that the knives have hit detection issue too! I've tossed them right at counselors who weren't juking, who were saving stamina so not running, and completely missed. This never used to happen at release. I wouldn't be surprised if the weapon hitbox issue was somehow tied to the knife one too. I can tell you it pisses me right the fuck off when I swing Jason 6s spear, see it go through the counselor, and nothing happen. Holy hell does that suck real hard.

Well now you can miss two more times with this incredible balance change, aren't you happy they have finally listen to us ? All the suggestions, videos, proof, everything here on the forum regard balance change has been summarized in : 2 more knife and you can run a bit faster

15 minutes ago, VenomSymbiote said:

Honestly stats should effect stun chance. That way everyone has to work together, a few trying to stun Jason while others try to do objectives. As is it's just everyone with a weapon teaming up on Jason. If stun chance, weapon spawns, pocket knives, etc aren't tweaked then a tiny speed boost and a few throwing knives aren't gonna change shit. On top of that Jasons hitboxes are all fucked so fighting back is a gamble for Jason. 

Making the stun chance unreliable would just make window looping the next mainstream stalling tactic. If they just reverted the changes to the hitboxes and combat stance, we’d probably go back to what it was before the October patch. Repairers are unlikely to swarm Jason if his proximity is made into a threat again. We’ll see how effective this grab adjustment turns out to be. 

As I recall, the pocket knives have been acknowledged as a problem by the devs. I’m pretty sure those are going to be adjusted, too.

5 minutes ago, VenomSymbiote said:

I've tossed them right at counselors who weren't juking, who were saving stamina so not running, and completely missed

Bad ping maybe?