ShiftySamurai

Upcoming Jason Balance Changes - 1/25/18

1 minute ago, Truth said:

STRENGTH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

well thats dumb if it doesn't strength should be the main factor in stunning Jason 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, RampageRhino said:

Thats not true either, it is the same across all counsellors as it is tied to no stat

I clearly remember before all these crappy changes that since I play A.J all the time when I tried to stun Jason I just hit him most of times but I didn't stun him, same for almost all repairs characters. Now with A.J or every character when I hit Jason is a secure stun.

• Like 1

I swear to God, if window invulnerability is still in, you guys are beyond inept. That should of been one of the 1st balance changes done for Jason. 

• Like 8

A few small changes I hope they make to Jason is an increase in stalk duration. Right now if you walk around in stalk it burns out in around 20-30 seconds. That’s not enough time to position Jason in the right spot sometimes, and if they even added an extra 10-15 seconds to it than Jason will have more time to move to the right spot, and get that jump scare.

And give Jason the ability to Close doors. This small change would allow Jason to hide inside bathrooms in stalk, or in other rooms, and Counsellors would think the room hasn't been checked only to open the door, and get a good jump scare.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Uhhhh....hmmm.....Upping jasons grab again when its just fine.... Making him faster cause people are to dumb to outsmart councilors.... Yet...Yet you cant fix the sweater not working at times? Still having an issue with that.... Also players being able to spin jason around on his knees...ya know shit you aint told about cause it benefits.

Great news, but please tell me you're going to do something about Jasons weapon hitboxes. Jason 6 misses swings he quite clearly shouldn't. Also, any idea on what they intend to do to Jason 7?

Edit: Forgot about the horrible windows and over abundance of pocket knives. So PLEASE tell me your team knows of Jasons weapon hitboxes, Jason 7, windows being complete safe havens for counselors, and the insane increase to shotguns and pocket knives. If your team doesn't that's just fucking sad. 

I really do feel that, if this doesn't fix it, a reduction in the number of pocket knives [and removing the 1 tommy starts with] would be a good idea as well.

no time frame so id assume we wont see these fixes until the next content update? you guys really need to pull in a team for a hotfix patching system. this is a start atleast what about the unable to interact bug present on jason and counselor? what about jason getting stuck in door ways? i stopped playing after the latest update because those bugs persisted.... would like to get back in game at some point

Still waiting on Sweater fix's.... Still waiting to fix the fact it doesnt work all the time also the fact jason can spin around on his knees preventing the kill.... Yaknow shit councilors really need. not these crybabies that cant out smart a councilor or cry baby councilors that cant escape or kill a jason.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

You should change the stun chance too, even a Deborah can stun Jason now is ridiculous.

Why would you nerf stun chance chance is increased by weapon type and with sucker punch nothing wrong with deborah and she don't do many damage as it's intended.

1 minute ago, xllxENIGMAxllx said:

Why would you nerf stun chance chance is increased by weapon type and with sucker punch nothing wrong with deborah and she don't do many damage as it's intended.

I agree if you are mad everyone can stun you GET GOOD SCRUB

• Confused 1

Unless you guys are going to address the issue of too many pocket knives and health sprays in the game, this will ultimately be pointless. There’s also still the issue of Jason missing when he slashes, getting stunned by everything from a bat to a tadpole, and the horric invisible barrier on windows. 

2 minutes ago, i-cold said:

I have a solution to Pocket Knifes problem: do not remove items,  make sure the pocket knife does not always hit the neck Or do not always make Jason drop the counselor, so it would be fair to leave many pocket Knives in the camp.

The pocket knife idea is to guarantee a free escape from Jason's grab. Your suggestion wouldn't work. Besides, it would need to rework this item completely to fit into the game again.

As long as the Pocket Knife idea retains the same, the solution is and will always be to lower the spawn rate of PKs.

1 minute ago, Super Ty said:

Unless you guys are going to address the issue of too many pocket knives and health sprays in the game, this will ultimately be pointless. There’s also still the issue of Jason missing when he slashes, getting stunned by everything from a bat to a tadpole, and the horric invisible barrier on windows. 

You're assuming this is EVERYTHING they are changing... This is the "balance" portion of the update. I'm sure there are plenty of other fixes that will be included.

I like the changes that Jason will be getting so far, even if they are small steps.

I was hoping that he will be able to strike Counselors crawling or jumping through windows again, just as he did last year, but alas. Maybe this will return someday in the future?

“We saw a video of Jason running away from four Chads with baseball bats, so we gave Jason a small speed boost so he can escape those players a little more efficiently. You’re welcome.”

-Gun Media

• Haha 8

Tremendous news!!! Wooooo!!! Nothing sucked more than watching my favorite killer of ALL-TIME being turned into a punching bag. I was fucking repulsed!!!! Thank you Illfonic or whomever is responsible for the changes. Jason should be more of a threat than the killers in other survival games. People should fear Jason, not want to get into fist fights with him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skallapat said:

You seem afraid they're trying to get Jason back up to snuff. If you don't want a scary serial killer after your ass, go play another game. 

• Like 2

Thank you !! 

I for one am excited to try out the new changes and see what happens. I understand that many times you take small steps cautiously to avoid tripping over things. It doesnt matter how much you do at one time though, many people are going to have issues with where priorities lie. 

I think that the upcoming patch is definitely a step in the right direction . 

Thanks again. I'm still loving the game every time I play ( for the most part).

Off-Note: No buffs in jasons strengths? No part 7 shift boost!? No starting off with more traps? 🙁☹

Overall: YES! :D now us jason mains cant get looped by counselors.

13 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

I clearly remember before all these crappy changes that since I play A.J all the time when I tried to stun Jason I just hit him most of times but I didn't stun him, same for almost all repairs characters. Now with A.J or every character when I hit Jason is a secure stun.

Neither luck or strength has ever affected stun chances. You have either had a bad weapon or very bad luck with the hits. Excluding the bugs a while back, the stun chances haven’t gone through changes since day one. 

9 minutes ago, Truth said:

You're assuming this is EVERYTHING they are changing... This is the "balance" portion of the update. I'm sure there are plenty of other fixes that will be included.

I am indeed assuming this, and I base my assumption on the fact that near every patch since launch has been a let down in my opinion. They haven’t exactly given me any reason to be confident in them. Hopefully this time it will finally be different.

Otimization, possible use 100% of GPU...

3 minutes ago, D00las said:

Neither luck or strength has ever affected stun chances. You have either had a bad weapon or very bad luck with the hits. Excluding the bugs a while back, the stun chances haven’t gone through changes since day one. 

Honestly stats should effect stun chance. That way everyone has to work together, a few trying to stun Jason while others try to do objectives. As is it's just everyone with a weapon teaming up on Jason. If stun chance, weapon spawns, pocket knives, etc aren't tweaked then a tiny speed boost and a few throwing knives aren't gonna change shit. On top of that Jasons hitboxes are all fucked so fighting back is a gamble for Jason. 

• Like 1