ShiftySamurai

Upcoming Jason Balance Changes - 1/25/18

1 minute ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

Or let's not make a bunch of changes at once to avoid the problem that put us in the "Jason is underwhelming" period again. Too many changes to either side causes imbalance. Let these updates roll out and try them before asking for additional changes. 

I said they should change the stun chance, not make it impossible stun Jason with a melee weapon. That's why counselors are not scared of Jason, because if they are together they can stun him, and stun him, and stun him until he escapes.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

You should change the stun chance too, even a Deborah can stun Jason now is ridiculous.

Strength has nothing to do with stun chance it is flat across counsellors, learn the mechanics before criticising the devs, there are lots of legitimate things to criticise them for 

• Thanks 2

Just now, Charlie Chainsaw said:

It’s SUPPOSED to be imbalanced! In Jason’s favor. That’s the problem. 

The game isn't SUPPOSED to give you an 8/8 "ez mode" every time as Jason. Should Jason be strong? Clearly. You guys want a cake walk as Jason when those kills should be earned. 

You tilt the scale too far in Jason's favor and we will literally repeat the cycle of nerfs and buffs again. 

Just let the update roll out and then see where things are. That's all I'm saying. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just to save you all asking ...

f13.png

i'm so excited to see what else is gonna be in this patch!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

It’s SUPPOSED to be imbalanced! In It already favours Jason. He doesnt get injured, has a weapon that desnt break, can teleport and move at fast speeds around the map. Tip the game too much in his favour and it bJason’s favor. That’s the problem. 

It's already in favor of Jason. Tip it too much in his favor and playing as a counselor wont be fun. Geesh, he can already teleport, move at fast speeds, has an unbreakable weapon, AND doesnt get injured. what more do you want?

1 minute ago, i-cold said:

You are crazy, It has been too easy for counselors. Not to mention the bug that Jason's attacks stop working

What???? That’s what I’m saying......

• Like 1

This is all a great start, but there are some other changes that could be cool:

- A cooldown period between stuns, and/or a "temporary rage" period for Jason after being stunned. This would prevent people from surrounding Jason and chain stunning him. If Jason could only be stunned say once every 15-20 seconds, the teabagging would stop, and people's only option would be to run away while he's down. Could also have increased weapon damage, grip strength for 15 seconds after the stun, making people want to run for their lives.

- Some sort of "lunge" attack for Jason - because shift grabbing doesn't work that well anymore, and having someone calmly jog away from jason kills the horror vibe.

- Make Jason be able to grab counselors through windows/breakable walls - No more taunting Jason from near the window.

- Dancing should drain a character's stamina - Too many idiots dancing with a masked killer on the loose. People wouldn't stand around dancing so often if it cost them valuable stamina. 

- Jason should be able to pick up his own traps.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Each Jason will be gaining a small speed increase - this is not so fast as to make it impossible for counselors to escape from a Jason player, but it is enough to make Jason feel more relentless.

Yes! I can't friggin wait to chase the first Vanessa troll who thinks they're gonna jog six feet in front of me the whole match. Excited about more knives and of course, the grab adjustment. Looking forward to this update. So like, when is it n' stuff? :D

• Like 2

@ShiftySamurai That's a great start. As @AdrianBlackbear said and @Alkavian always says, try not to change too many things at once. I think this list is perfect. I'd still like more details on all the other things we're waiting for, but I'm glad you've listened to us. Thanks for popping in with an update for us!

• Thanks 1

Just now, RampageRhino said:

Strength has nothing to do with stun chance it is flat across counsellors, learn the mechanics before criticising the devs, there are lots of legitimate things to criticise them for 

I don't remember say strength, stun chance and strength are two differents things. As example, a Chad can stun Jason more easily and for more time than a A.J

This sounds good, thank you for informing us, and like others have mentioned please look into the stun issues and overabundance of defensive items as well.

This is a start at least. I'm really interested in the increase of speed. I main J4 lots, so having him with destruction and a slightly faster run spreed should be fun.

I also hope there is a slight decrease in pocket knives and health sprays. And please fix the invisible wall that surrounds the windows once a counsellor jumps through.

• Like 2

Nice to see you can tweek Jason and yet its been 7 months since you said dedicated servers where coming. 7 months. Almost 8. Make the game more playable THEN Worry about tweeking things for game play. 7/10 matches on the PS4, for me, end in Host leaving. FIX THIS.

BAD.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

• Each Jason will be gaining a small speed increase - this is not so fast as to make it impossible for counselors to escape from a Jason player, but it is enough to make Jason feel more relentless.
  • Each Jason will start with 2 additional throwing knives.
  • Jason’s grab reach and radius have been looked at and reworked - this should help alleviate the issues players are reporting of counselors slipping through Jason’s fingers, while still retaining a fair grab range for counselor players.

We feel that these changes will do quite a bit to bring a proper balance to the game. Please continue submitting your feedback for Friday the 13th: The Game!

Fix. Melee. Hit. Detection.

We cannot effectively slash in a goddamn slasher game. And lest those geniuses think slashing isn't that important, there's nothing in here about reducing the insane number of pocket knives/sprays...few are going to be grabbing anyway. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

The game isn't SUPPOSED to give you an 8/8 "ez mode" every time as Jason. Should Jason be strong? Clearly. You guys want a cake walk as Jason when those kills should be earned. 

You tilt the scale too far in Jason's favor and we will literally repeat the cycle of nerfs and buffs again. 

Just let the update roll out and then see where things are. That's all I'm saying. 

It's about balance.  Anyone who has played the game long enough knows that there's an enormous chasm between newer players and veterans in terms of ability, be it as Jason or as a Counselor.  In a room full of seasoned counselors with mics, I'm lucky to get half of them before escaping or having to run to avoid getting killed.

No mics or overall newness to the game?  7/7.  So I'm inclined to trust the voice of players whom have been here for awhile and are playing against consistently better opposition on both sides.  They're much more in tune with the balance needs of the game at the upper levels, where players hit the proverbial ceiling in terms of ability.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brimstone said:

Nice to see you can tweek Jason and yet its been 7 months since you said dedicated servers where coming. 7 months. Almost 8. Make the game more playable THEN Worry about tweeking things for game play. 7/10 matches on the PS4, for me, end in Host leaving. FIX THIS.

That's a separate team working on it, settle down.

10 minutes ago, JayDoesGames said:

I feel like his grab reach was fine, but radius could need a little adjusting. The biggest issue is Jason gets stunned repeatedly and he cant use combat stance cause there's a delay when trying to attack after a block. I'd honestly give back the attack cancelling as it was fair for both sides, and maybe increase his stun invincibility. Dont mess with counselors stun chances. Bad idea.

the grab reach and radius both needed change and stun chance does need to change  if your characters strength is under 5 they should never stun Jason point blank 

3 minutes ago, JayDoesGames said:

It's already in favor of Jason. Tip it too much in his favor and playing as a counselor wont be fun. Geesh, he can already teleport, move at fast speeds, has an unbreakable weapon, AND doesnt get injured. what more do you want?

To be able to actually grab a counselor when they are within 6 feet of me. To be able to actually hit a counselor when they are literally touching me. To not get stunned by one hit from the weakest counselor. And if you’re going to quote me, don’t manipulate my original quote. 

Just now, pioneer67fkd said:

the grab reach and radius both needed change and stun chance does need to change  if your characters strength is under 5 they should never stun Jason point blank 

STRENGTH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

How about allowing Jason to grab using both hands. L2 for left grab and R2 for right grab. Also since you wanna make his grab range longer, matter as well get rid of all the melee weapons especially the pots, wrenches and all other small weapons that will not touch Jasons

5 minutes ago, RampageRhino said:

True, but maybe it should be tied together somehow.  Jason should not be worried about some noodle-armed drugged up hippie burnout using the bat to flail with the fervor of an anemic sloth.  And yet, he has to be, which is pretty messed up.

4 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

I don't remember say strength, stun chance and strength are two differents things. As example, a Chad can stun Jason more easily and for more time than a A.J

Thats not true either, it is the same across all counsellors as it is tied to no stat

3 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Fix. Melee. Hit. Detection.

His name is Robert Paulsen.

But this absolutely bears repeating.  It's a glaring issue, and Jason should not be whiffing with a pig splitter when he's within two feet of a counselor.

• Like 1

Just now, Bropollocreed79 said:

True, but maybe it should be tied together somehow.  Jason should not be worried about some noodle-armed drugged up hippie burnout using the bat to flail with the fervor of an anemic sloth.  And yet, he has to be, which is pretty messed up.

I agree, it would give strength some use but saying that something is wrong with the game atm because deb is getting stuns as good as other counsellors is just an example of the type of counsellors you mentioned that get 7/7'd as they dont understand the mechanics

• Like 1

I have a solution to Pocket Knifes problem: do not remove items,  make sure the pocket knife does not always hit the neck Or do not always make Jason drop the counselor, so it would be fair to leave many pocket Knives in the camp.