ShiftySamurai

Upcoming Jason Balance Changes - 1/25/18

2 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Good evening, counselors and slashers.

We’ve seen your reports; our Jason characters aren’t scary. We’ve seen the videos of counselors running circles around Jason and smacking him upside the head, repeatedly, while he quietly resigns himself to his fate. We’ve even seen videos of Jason being forced to run away while being chased by 4 Chads with baseball bats.

That’s not cool, and Chad is a dick.

As such, we will be implementing the following changes to Jason characters.

• Each Jason will be gaining a small speed increase - this is not so fast as to make it impossible for counselors to escape from a Jason player, but it is enough to make Jason feel more relentless.
  • Each Jason will start with 2 additional throwing knives.
  • Jason’s grab reach and radius have been looked at and reworked - this should help alleviate the issues players are reporting of counselors slipping through Jason’s fingers, while still retaining a fair grab range for counselor players.

We feel that these changes will do quite a bit to bring a proper balance to the game. Please continue submitting your feedback for Friday the 13th: The Game!

Meh okay I guess.

Finally, and I agree with other member mentioning stun chance thing. Please look into that issue, too.

• Like 2

I feel like his grab reach was fine, but radius could need a little adjusting. The biggest issue is Jason gets stunned repeatedly and he cant use combat stance cause there's a delay when trying to attack after a block. I'd honestly give back the attack cancelling as it was fair for both sides, and maybe increase his stun invincibility. Dont mess with counselors stun chances. Bad idea.

Keep up new update & improvements, Gone a BUG!

When is early-alpha coming out yet?

KfLe9tk.gif

5 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

You should change the stun chance too, even a Deborah can stun Jason now is ridiculous.

Thank you for the update, but this is very important.  

Keep it up and I'll buy more cosmetics.

7 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

You should change the stun chance too, even a Deborah can stun Jason now is ridiculous.

Or let's not make a bunch of changes at once to avoid the problem that put us in the "Jason is underwhelming" period again. Too many changes to either side causes imbalance. Let these updates roll out and try them before asking for additional changes. 

• Like 5

Just now, AdrianBlackbear said:

Or let's not make a bunch of changes at once to avoid the problem that put us in the "Jason is underwhelming" period again. Too many changes to either side causes imbalance. Let these updates roll out and try them before asking for additional changes. 

It’s SUPPOSED to be imbalanced! In Jason’s favor. That’s the problem. 

• Like 11

Dedicated servers? Single player challenges? Uber/Grendel? Paranoia? Updated road map? Overabundance of defensive items? Etc etc etc 

• Like 1

Sounds good Dan! Thanks for the update. Personally, I don't use throwing knives, but at least it's something. Any info on the status of limiting amount of guns and knives?

1 minute ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

It’s SUPPOSED to be imbalanced! In Jason’s favor. That’s the problem. 

You are crazy, It has been too easy for counselors. Not to mention the bug that Jason's attacks stop working

• Like 2

Great start, now fixed Jasons stuns and make stun resistance work. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.