Sign in to follow this  
JASONtips

Stalker mode (grab related)

Hello,

The idea that I had for Stalker mode is to have a wider range grab for Jason during stalker mode.

1) it's a mode where Jason should have a broader feel for his surroundings and a more keen sense to kill.

2) it gives a little more meaning to the mode, if Jason is in stalker mode you will pay more attention to whether he is around or if he is not around.. instead of listening for Jason.. you will do more looking through windows and so forth.

3) it absorbs more pocket knives, so while players are given 2nd chances with these knives it doesn't over polute the game with Jason being stabbed in the neck 4-5 times before he actually kills someone.

4) most Jason's have switched over to a slasher mode, and while it gets the kill, there's nothing really stylish. Maybe also had delays to grab kill animations to match each other closely... as decapitation kills are like 1 second, but if Jason wants to throw his pig splitter down and put someone over the blade it's like 8-9 seconds.

Just a thought.

I truly do not understand what you are trying to suggest...

I think they mean that Stalk would be permanent? And that there are less pocket knives but the animations for grab kills would all be the same? Work is slow, so figuring out this suggestion is entertaining me.

Make stalk more powerful by giving Jason enhanced stalk grab is what I think is being suggested.

I'm more concerned that stalking Jason should be able to silently set traps/retrieve knives, and not cause counselors to scream because he's in their vicinity, even though he wasn't spotted.