Sign in to follow this  
MichaelMyers

Michael Myers V.S. Leatherface

I've actually had quite a few conversations with quite a few people about this. 

Who would win? Michael or Leatherface? First thing I'll clear up I like Michael Myers more and I think he will win however I don't say that because I like him more. Because we have to compare the characters with their abilities and story. However I am open minded to hear others opinions if it's not rude or unnecessary

First off let's be honest. Michael Myers is not entirely exactly human. Leatherface is. Myers is pretty much immortal. Leatherface was born with a mental disorder that made him retarded. I don't say that to disrespect his character I love Leatherface but he was born that way, that's just simply his character. Michael Myers kills with plan and precision and is actually smart despite he lost all touch of humanity and empathy left in him. He is pure evil. In Halloween 6 it was explained that Myers Can't die period because of curse of thorn "which I think is a ridiculous explanation by the way" Myers has survived brutality numerous of times that would kill anyone. In Halloween 1978 Myers was stabbed in the neck, stabbed in the chest, shot 6 times in the heart and fell out a two story house and got up and left. Halloween 2 1981 Michael Myers was shot multiple times in the chest again, then shot twice in the head through his eye sockets and all these gunshots was from a 45. Revolver. You would have a slim to none chance surviving a 45. To the head let alone two bullets to the head through both eye sockets. Then he survived a hospital explosion that literally burned him to a crisp. By Halloween 4 1988 Myers completely regenerated his eyes, muscle tissue, skin and hair and was alive more than ever then at the end of Halloween 4 about over 20 police officers with shotguns and assault rifles unloaded all their rounds into Michael. So when you add that up you can estimate that Michael took well over a hundred bullets. 

If Leatherface even took 5% of all that he would be a goner. 

How about strengths? Well again Michael also has inhuman strength. Leatherface has about the strength that an average guy his size would have which would be strong but still doesn't compare to the strength Myers has. Michael can lift a grown man with one arm and throw him across an entire electic plant as seen in Halloween 4. He can lift cars. Probably not literally over his head but lift them to where he can tip them over and he doesn't struggle when he does it. In terms of physical fighting every man who has tried to face Michael got tore up bad. You could say bloody bad. Don't even dare bring up that busta rymes crap haha he got his ass kicked and got saved by a burning building. That was hilarious though. 

Leatherface is not that good at physical combat while he is a big guy He got beat up pretty bad by the Sheriff in Texas Chainsaw 2013

Anyhow there is plenty more to discuss but I'm lazy so what do y'all think and y'all please don't argue with each other. 

For the sake of my answer I'm using the Shape from the original franchise and Leatherface from the 2003 film. 

In a battle where these two have eyes on one another from the start, advantage goes to our pal from Texas. He should be able to dismember Myers with a swipe of his saw. I'm sorry but a kitchen knife only takes you so far. If the saw putters out, I'd wager Mike could take it, but it would be a tossup. 

However, if this is a hunt, Leatherface dies without ever seeing the Shape slit his throat. 

• Like 1

Michael can't really defend against the chainsaw. Michael may be stronger and more durable but the reach and power difference in their main weapons gives Leather the advantage.  Michael would need to either out smart Leatherface or disarm him like Jason did both times they fought in that comic to win this, because he would get shredded if he tried to just straight up brawl him. 

Myers, almost any scenario.

Leatherface relies on shock and intimidation so much that to Michael he'd just be a chubby guy with a chainsaw. The chainsaw is the only possible advantage Leatherface has and avoiding a chainsaw is accomplishable, especially if you have no fear.

• Like 1

Myers wins all day. His stealth and sneakiness make him a challenge as is. You already admitted Michael Myers is something more than human, unlike an abused deformed boy that is Leatherface. Michael seems way stronger. Leatherface has felt compassion towards his prey in almost every movie. I think Leatherface is more demented, maybe because he essentially is a serial killer in a family of psychotic cannibals. Wearing flesh is the ultimate disgusting trophy. Repulsive and all, I still think Michael stalks his way behind Leatherface and destroys him.

Michael would win in an open environment because he’s silent killer and watches his prey from afar before planning to kill them with an interesting variety of whatever he picked up for a weapon. Leatherface, as much as I love him, has no real tactical ability beyond mowing down his victims in plain sight with a chainsaw. If we’re talking about an open field or even a suburb, Ol’ Sawyer is fucked. His family has more strategic planning.

However in a closed environment like the Sawyer House, Leatherface and his chainsaw might have an advantage. After all, he did sneak up and beam the fuck of that poor soul in the head with a sledgehammer.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure most other horror slashers could kill Leatherface. He's not supernatural, and he's basically a mentally challenged fat guy with a chainsaw, so all you'd really have to do is disarm him of his weapon and then slash him to death.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2018 at 1:18 AM, Risinggrave said:

For the sake of my answer I'm using the Shape from the original franchise and Leatherface from the 2003 film. 

In a battle where these two have eyes on one another from the start, advantage goes to our pal from Texas. He should be able to dismember Myers with a swipe of his saw. I'm sorry but a kitchen knife only takes you so far. If the saw putters out, I'd wager Mike could take it, but it would be a tossup. 

However, if this is a hunt, Leatherface dies without ever seeing the Shape slit his throat. 

I guess I could agree that if we are talking about that Michael as if we don't know at the time that he is more than human then yeah but one problem is Myers doesn't always use a butcher knife and Leatherface doesn't always use a chainsaw. Matter of fact Leatherface in the original film only killed one person with a chainsaw. He has used that mallet hammer alot more in alot of his movies despite the series is called Texas Chainsaw Massacre haha. Michael has used Knife, Axe, Machete and so on. However I can agree that chainsaw against knife is a huge advantage however Myers isn't stupid either. He would either look for something around the environment or time with precision to disarm Leatherface. But if Myers was a normal man then yeah Leatherface.

On 1/25/2018 at 7:56 AM, JasonVsWindows said:

Michael can't really defend against the chainsaw. Michael may be stronger and more durable but the reach and power difference in their main weapons gives Leather the advantage.  Michael would need to either out smart Leatherface or disarm him like Jason did both times they fought in that comic to win this, because he would get shredded if he tried to just straight up brawl him. 

True but a couple things to add is at least from where I last read most the comics are not canon and also you are right if Leatherface used a chainsaw against Michael then Michael would have to outsmart him however Myers is very smart and kills with precision. Leatherface also doesn't always use a chainsaw. In fact, in most of the movies Leatherface doesn't use a chainsaw til near mid or near end of the films.

On 1/26/2018 at 7:02 PM, LadySansaLannister said:

Michael would win in an open environment because he’s silent killer and watches his prey from afar before planning to kill them with an interesting variety of whatever he picked up for a weapon. Leatherface, as much as I love him, has no real tactical ability beyond mowing down his victims in plain sight with a chainsaw. If we’re talking about an open field or even a suburb, Ol’ Sawyer is fucked. His family has more strategic planning.

However in a closed environment like the Sawyer House, Leatherface and his chainsaw might have an advantage. After all, he did sneak up and beam the fuck of that poor soul in the head with a sledgehammer.

Yeah I agree with that. Even in close range Leatherface has to be careful with Michael. Chainsaw or no chainsaw. Personally if he has not chainsaw then Leatherface is screwed. 

7 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

I'm pretty sure most other horror slashers could kill Leatherface. He's not supernatural, and he's basically a mentally challenged fat guy with a chainsaw, so all you'd really have to do is disarm him of his weapon and then slash him to death.

Yeah I can agree with that. I remember the other day someone telling me that Leatherface would beat Michael because he beat Jason and I'm like "That doesn't necessarily mean anything first off and secondly I don't even think those comics are canon" I mean sure maybe against human Jason he has a chance but undead Jason I would say no. That's just my opinion though and he got all worked up and it's like dude chill out they are just fictional characters it really doesn't matter. But I would agree that most maybe not all but most horror icons would beat Leatherface. As for ghostface I see Leatherface winning in my opinion.

2 hours ago, MichaelMyers said:

I guess I could agree that if we are talking about that Michael as if we don't know at the time that he is more than human then yeah but one problem is Myers doesn't always use a butcher knife and Leatherface doesn't always use a chainsaw. Matter of fact Leatherface in the original film only killed one person with a chainsaw. He has used that mallet hammer alot more in alot of his movies despite the series is called Texas Chainsaw Massacre haha. Michael has used Knife, Axe, Machete and so on. However I can agree that chainsaw against knife is a huge advantage however Myers isn't stupid either. He would either look for something around the environment or time with precision to disarm Leatherface. But if Myers was a normal man then yeah Leatherface.

I went with iconic weapons, and did note the original continuity, which to me is mostly parts 1-2, but could be extended to include everything up to the reboot.

As far as iconic weapons, even the backup mallet is better than a knife. I think even if the Shape used feats from parts 1-6, he'd be hard pressed to take 2003 Leatherface armed with a saw head on. Leatherface was taking off limbs with a single swipe. 

With that if we wanted to compare hand to hand, Myers has dislocated joints without much effort (part 4) and also got bludgeoned to a loss by Loomis (part 5) and Tommy Doyle (Curse) I think an argument could be made either way there. 

As far as sneakiness, Myers takes it hands down. 

18 hours ago, MichaelMyers said:

True but a couple things to add is at least from where I last read most the comics are not canon and also you are right if Leatherface used a chainsaw against Michael then Michael would have to outsmart him however Myers is very smart and kills with precision. Leatherface also doesn't always use a chainsaw. In fact, in most of the movies Leatherface doesn't use a chainsaw til near mid or near end of the films.

I only referenced the Jason vs Leatherface comics as an example strategy Michael could use on Leatherface. But when it comes to these kind of debates, unless your picking specific versions of the characters, I'm going by Deathbattle rules and choosing to see them as an amalgamation of all their incarnations.

I also have no doubt that Micheal is smarter and more skilled then Leather I'm just saying that if he tried to fight him head on he would be at a disadvantage. 

Michael Myers stared at a wall for 15 years, then got up with beyond Olympic level strength, unnatural durability, an uncanny ability to drive a car with no prior knowledge, and stealth so powerful he can walk through an autumn forest full of dry leaves and not make a sound. Not to mention he has almost no emotion.

Michael has more advantages in defense and stealth, Leatherface has the advantage in offense and nothing else. Leatherface is a big strong tough guy, but he's mentally and emotionally unstable and is a loose cannon without his family keeping him in check.

Michael has far more options than Leatherface has. Leatherface has to hope he catches Michael in an open field or a closed room where Michael can't disappear into the shadows and disembowel him before he realizes what's happened.

• Like 1

Leatherface is an average hillbilly redneck psycho.

He’s tall and fat but proved that he is capable of chasing people and maintaining a decent amount of stamina.

The only real advantage he has is his weapon of choice, I mean as much as I love Michael Myers it’s very hard fighting against a chainsaw wielding psychopath.

That aside Michael Myers is an average height guy with a regular built, I’d say 5’10, 170-180 lbs.

He has inhuman strength and takes bullets like a champ, he’s also by far more

intelligent and sneakier than Leatherface.

I would root for Michael but having a chainsaw is always an advantage so if Myers manages to disarm or kill leatherface before he can slice Myers up then it’s easy for Myers.

Leatherface has always come up short against the other big slashers. While much stronger then a normal person with some pretty high stamina for a guy of his build and is vary resistant to pain, he total lakes the superhuman strength and regeneration that the likes of Michael and Jason have shown. That's instantly a hug disadvantage on his part. 

While not totally brain dead, of the three mask wearers Leatherface is the only one to actually hold down a proper job and only got fired because the place was closing down, Leatherface lacks the initiative of Micheal. He's an even bigger mama's boy then Jason at his worst and while he can act on his own, he's more then often reacting the current situation rather then making any kind of plan when on his own. His family tells him what to do. Also he's prone to panic and hysterical fits.

His one big edge is his chainsaw, it gives him a lot of reach and can deal some nasty wounds. It also lacks the weakness of real life chainsaws in that chain wont break or dislodge if hit by something hard. While Micheal is tough, a chainsaw would make a mess of him. 

Michael is the true assassin of the slashers, his stealth abilities are second to none and that's another huge edge in a fight.

One factor a lot of people tend to overlook is Leatherface's family. That's his unique edge over most slashers who don't have full reality bending powers. His family is vary varied in their skill set and can prove to be a real problem when backed up by Leatherface's brute force.

In reality these tow are at opposite ends of the more human slasher spectrum. Michael is a self sufficient, stealthy killer while Leatherface is the blunt instrument wielded by his family. One his own Leahterface would not really be a real match for Michael although he'd not be as outclassed as he would be against undead Jason. But if his family come to play then I think we are looking at a very even playing field. 

45 minutes ago, Spineshank3000 said:

Myers could dodge the saw if he really wanted to.

Winner: Myers

Leatherface could dodge the butcher knife if he really wanted to. 

Winner: Leatherface. 

The difference is that my comment is a lot more likely to be the case.  Didn't a girl with a chainsaw and Busta Rhymes lay a whupping on Mike?  Guess Mike didn't want to dodge it enough.

12 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Leatherface could dodge the butcher knife if he really wanted to. 

Winner: Leatherface. 

The difference is that my comment is a lot more likely to be the case.  Didn't a girl with a chainsaw and Busta Rhymes lay a whupping on Mike?  Guess Mike didn't want to dodge it enough.

That's right... Mike likes to play with the victims 

4 minutes ago, Spineshank3000 said:

That's right... Mike likes to play with the victims 

Guess that is why he'd end up on the menu. 

The Shape takes this if he can stealth, but head on? Not so much.