First and foremost: this question is NOT asking, "Tell us why you're so angry at the game that you don't play anymore."

Nor is it asking, "How often do you get to play video games in general?"

F13 is my default game. Though many aspects are frustrating, it brings me joy to play. It is my go-to game when I have time.

--which brings us to the question.

I turn 42 on Saturday. I have a wife, four kids between the ages of 4 and 20 (eldest away at college), and a 7:30 - 4:30 full-time job with a one-hour commute each way. Our weekends are usually packed. If not, I might be able to sneak away for an hour or so to play on my PS4. HOWEVER, my wife takes my youngest daughter to Gymnastics as soon as I get home on Tuesdays -- which generally gives me a two-hour window to play.

But not today. My eldest son has been begging me to watch "The Force Awakens" with him for a week, and suckered me into watching it with him today after work.

Drat.

I have played this way since acquiring the game in October. Hence, I am only about Level 28. (I STILL don't know how to drop out of Shift properly!!) I used to play as Deborah, but have graduated to Shelly. I escape about as often as I get squished.

I have played Offline Bots once and the Virtual Cabin once.

I normally get to play online about 2-3 hours a week, and that's on a good week.

Don't get me wrong. I love my life and wouldn't change it for the world.

But I do wish I had more time to play.

How often do you get to play? 

It really varies depending on my mood/laziness. I'd say probably around 5 on average. Last week I was sick so I was on way too much. On sunday I realized I had put at least 12 hours into the game in just 2 days...

3 minutes ago, Truth said:

It really varies depending on my mood/laziness. I'd say probably around 5 on average. Last week I was sick so I was on way too much. On sunday I realized I had put at least 12 hours into the game in just 2 days...

You know, it's a sad, sad thing when you see on the news how many people are missing school and work from this horrible flu epidemic . . . 

. . . and the first thing you think of is, "You know, if I got the flu and had to stay home for days, imagine how much F13 I could play!"

<_<

Yeah, I'm sure my wife would love to see me sitting in my jammies in front of my game for days, puking into a nearby trashcan every 10 minutes between escapes and kills.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

You know, it's a sad, sad thing when you see on the news how many people are missing school and work from this horrible flu epidemic . . . 

. . . and the first thing you think of is, "You know, if I got the flu and had to stay home for days, imagine how much F13 I could play!"

<_<

Yeah, I'm sure my wife would love to see me sitting in my jammies in front of my game for days, puking into a nearby trashcan every 10 minutes between escapes and kills.

Well luckily I just had a shitty cold so it wasn't too bad. I'd take blowing my nose every 2 minutes over blowing chunks any day.

It sucks that I had to waste my sick days so early in the year, but I also HATE it when other people show up sick. There's no reason you should get everyone else sick because you don't want to take the day off.

• Like 1

If I'm willing to eschew sleep, I can get two hours every other night once my wife falls asleep.  My kids are young, and the last thing I need them seeing is Jason using a pig-splitter to bisect a counselor dressed as Wonder Woman.

So, once they're all asleep, usually around 11 or so for the wife, I'll fire it up and start slashing.

a don't play anymore too much because is so frustrating with t damn patches they have ruined fucking jason and they don' t fucking care so fuck i just dont" play like i use to do 

5 minutes ago, pucho said:

a don't play anymore too much because is so frustrating with t damn patches they have ruined fucking jason and they don' t fucking care so fuck i just dont" play like i use to do 

You clearly didn't bother reading the FIRST THING @Cokeyskunk said:

28 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

First and foremost: this question is NOT asking, "Tell us why you're so angry at the game that you don't play anymore."

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pucho said:

Do me a favor -- make sure you do the following: 

• read only the title of my thread
  • completely ignore what I asked you not to do
  • swear every other word for dramatic emphasis and extra-extra credibility
  • throw all punctuation to the winds

Hey! You did it perfectly!

<_<

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I'm in the 40+ category as well. My youngest kid is 4 and my oldest is in college. I'm married and work shift work (currently nights from 3pm - midnight). I have a 40 minute commute each way to work. On the weekends the 4 year old tends to be a time occupier. The wife also has several shows she currently watches and TV opportunities are limited. I'm usually relegated to playing after 10pm on weekends or getting in a few rounds with bots during weekdays if I don't have errands to do before work. A couple hours each week is about all I can do as it stands right now.

1 minute ago, Alkavian said:

I'm in the 40+ category as well. My youngest kid is 4 and my oldest is in college. I'm married and work shift work (currently nights from 3pm - midnight). I have a 40 minute commute each way to work. On the weekends the 4 year old tends to be a time occupier. The wife also has several shows she currently watches and TV opportunities are limited. I'm usually relegated to playing after 10pm on weekends or getting in a few rounds with bots during weekdays if I don't have errands to do before work. A couple hours each week is about all I can do as it stands right now.

See, I could play more at night, too -- but I get up every morning at 5:30 to get to my job an hour away by 7:30 -- so by the time the 4, 8, and 10 year olds are put to bed at 9pm, I am BEAT. The thought of staying up another hour (or TWO!) sounds terrible to me, so my wife and I just call it a night.

So, in essence, it's really my own doing, I guess. I just hyper-value my sleep. (Probably with having had four babies, I remember all-too-well what non-uninterrupted sleep feels like.) 

Currently I'm on Winter Break from college so I'm currently working but only part time. 

I get around 15+ hours of gameplay but recently I decided to cut back a lot more because I'm prepping to adopt a kitten lol. 

After I adopt I'm probably going to be playing a max of 2-3 hours a week.

I'm in a similar boat to @Cokeyskunk. I play when I can, and it is my preferred game. My youngest is a pre-teen, and I'm not a fan of subjecting her to the violence and language of the game, so I'm more likely to play something milder, or split-screen co-op, when she's around. With varying evening schedules between three kids and four or five sports teams, I never know when I'll have a guaranteed time to play. I may have hours, I may have 30 minutes. Complicating matters, I am unwilling to drop out of an active match, especially if I'm the host, so activating Friday the 13th is a very intentional act. There have been times where I've tortured myself by opening my PlayStation app on my phone to see who's on and groaned that I couldn't join up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I'm in a similar boat to @Cokeyskunk. I play when I can, and it is my preferred game. My youngest is a pre-teen, and I'm not a fan of subjecting her to the violence and language of the game, so I'm more likely to play something milder, or split-screen co-op, when she's around. With varying evening schedules between three kids and four or five sports teams, I never know when I'll have a guaranteed time to play. I may have hours, I may have 30 minutes. Complicating matters, I am unwilling to drop out of an active match, especially if I'm the host, so activating Friday the 13th is a very intentional act. There have been times where I've tortured myself by opening my PlayStation app to see who's on and groaned that I couldn't join up. 

I had to find a workaround, as our "game room" is an open room which feeds into the heart of the house, so it's impossible to play with them not around. (unless I give up sleep)

So, I use an earbud with a mic so the kiddos cannot hear anything going on. Additionally, they know how much I enjoy playing, so they agree to not look at the TV if they enter the room. If they need to talk to me, they usually stand at the entrance of the room and talk to me. I keep only one earbud in at all times so I can hear others in the house if attention is needed.

So, please note that if you play with me, you will likely hear one of the following:

• "Daddy?"
  • Wife yelling in background about messes
  • "Yes, if you can find a HEALTHY snack, you may."
  • "Tell him to apologize for hitting you."
  • *sigh!* "Sure, Princess. Let me finish this round, and we'll have a tea party."
  • "Wow. I'm glad to hear they saved the day on Paw Patrol."
  • "I have no idea, son. How is a raven like a writing desk?"
  • *sigh!* "Okay, hun. I'm getting off right now. Let's go to the park."
  • Haha 2

Sounds like our routines are pretty similar. I've got 2 kids , 6 & 1. I've got a full time job and part time. I work at least 6 days a week. My wife is a stay at home mom, so when i get home, I try to relieve as much of the burden from her as I can. I play about as often as I can, but it's usually not much. I try to squeeze a quick game or 2 in , but many times i play one round and I'm out of time. The majority of my play time takes place Friday nights when I can stay up a bit later, But I'm also usually the first out of bed so  I can't stay up to late.  I'm def lucky if i get over 4 hours in in a week.

I got the game the 1st week of June and I'm level 39 so don't feel too bad. 

• Like 1

I have no kids, live with my cat and other than band stuff, I don’t have many hobbies. I work a ton but I’d say I can play about three to four hours a day if I wanted to. I haven’t played F13 in months but I’m currently hate playing COD WW2. I don’t use a mic so I’m often listening to records. On deck is Wolfenstein and Star Wars Battlefront.

48 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

• "Yes, if you can find a HEALTHY snack, you may."

5 kids here and this made me laugh. "Apples aren't a snack Dad" is usually the answer I am given. I am in a better scenario where my wife actually plays the game with me once the kids go to bed, they are still fairly young so around 9PM (barring any Grey's Anatomy or Law&Order: SVU) we get in a few games together.

I get to play daily unless I say pick up an extra shift at work. I just don't really have the desire to play that much anymore.

Turning 31 SOON, work Monday-Friday 7-4, engaged with 3 kids, 2 of which live with us ages 3 and 4.

Currently level 141 in F13 and really only play it as much as I still do to have fun with the core group of friends I've made in the game. I'm starting to split my time between this and Fortnite.

2 minutes ago, hu_soldier13 said:

I'm starting to split my time between this and Fortnite.

Get PUBG! It's a million times better!

It's amazing how many on the forums are dads who, like me, seem to have more time to visit the forum than they do to play the actual game. 

Mostly play at night.  Get on around 10 or so if I have the time.  I’ll only play if friends are on now.  Quick play is just too frustrating.    

25 minutes ago, MRWood204 said:

5 kids here and this made me laugh. "Apples aren't a snack Dad" is usually the answer I am given. I am in a better scenario where my wife actually plays the game with me once the kids go to bed, they are still fairly young so around 9PM (barring any Grey's Anatomy or Law&Order: SVU) we get in a few games together.

Grey's Anatomy: the bane of husbands around the world.

• Like 2

I only get 4 hours of playtime a night during work days. I get alternating weekends and alternating Tue/Thurs off. It is currently my day off and PSN has decided to crap out on me today. Apparently I haven't suffered enough.

9 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

It has nothing on Keeping up with the Kardashians. The trade offs I make for playing games and watching NFL.

14 minutes ago, silencedeffect said:

I only get 4 hours of playtime a night during work days. I get alternating weekends and alternating Tue/Thurs off. It is currently my day off and PSN has decided to crap out on me today. Apparently I haven't suffered enough.

I have actually had nightmares -- NIGHTMARES -- about having the day off: the kids and my wife are away on a one-day trip, and I wake up having the house entirely to myself! I get myself something to eat, head to the PS4, and then am greeted with a message:

"We're sorry, the PlayStation Network is currently offline for maintenance. We should be restored within 48 hours. Thank you for your patience."

Oh. The humanity . . . 

9 minutes ago, MRWood204 said:

It has nothing on Keeping up with the Kardashians. The trade offs I make for playing games and watching NFL.

Dude. "Dance Moms." That's all I think I have to say. :(

20 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Yuuup.

And if your woman watches Keeping Up with the Kardashians, you picked wrong.

• Like 1