Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I thought this video did a pretty great job of breaking down what's coming and where it may fit along the road map 

I'm interested in the kid jason idea also but i don't see it happening unfortunately 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect them to continue pushing out underwhelming content at the expense of quality, stability, functionality and performance. I expect another level that plays as well as Jarvis House. I expect Paranoia to divide an already small community. I expect patches that will introduce more problems than they correct. I expect the playerbase to continue to shrink. I expect more excuses, and overall just more of the same.

I really hope I'm wrong though.

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

I expect them to continue pushing out underwhelming content at the expense of quality, stability, functionality and performance. I expect another level that plays as well as Jarvis House. I expect Paranoia to divide an already small community. I expect patches that will introduce more problems than they correct. I expect the playerbase to continue to shrink. I expect more excuses, and overall just more of the same.

I really hope I'm wrong though.

Your thoughts on Paranoia are interesting 

On the other hand it could be the thing that brings in new players or brings back those who've left 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have no problem bringing in new players. We just can't retain them because the game has so many problems. Paranoia might be fun, and people will certainly come back to give it a try. However, if past performance is any indication of future results, it will fizzle out shortly after release. After that you'll have two small groups, the Paranoia players and the rest. Just another well intentioned misstep by the development team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

We have no problem bringing in new players. We just can't retain them because the game has so many problems. Paranoia might be fun, and people will certainly come back to give it a try. However, if past performance is any indication of future results, it will fizzle out shortly after release. After that you'll have two small groups, the Paranoia players and the rest. Just another well intentioned misstep by the development team.

I want to have faith that Paranoia will be as close to problem free as possible but it's going to be a lot of new elements in the mix and a lot more that could go wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More Jason killing teams, more people wondering where all the good Jasons went. More git gud, quickplay pseudo "GODS" who are better than any of us. More dancing trolls, and rage quitters. More whining when I slash counselors, and more slashes sailing through counselors without a hit. More Savini Jason threads started. More talk of how Jenny is useless, and Vanessa is OP. More Chad, and more people who hate Chad. And of course the ever popular, SOON!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can expect a group of Dunning-Kruger exemplars to continue driving an excellent concept/AAA IP gift into the ground.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol, look at all the apathy that these developers have caused, pretty sad man.

People should be excited for what comes next in this game, instead they're wondering how the developer is gonna f**k it all up next.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is what is known as having a piss poor reputation after you've destroyed your own credibility. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, R.J MacReady said:

Lol, look at all the apathy that these developers have caused, pretty sad man.

People should be excited for what comes next in this game, instead they're wondering how the developer is gonna f**k it all up next.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is what is known as having a piss poor reputation after you've destroyed your own credibility. 

People definitely being way too harsh on Illfonic here 

Don't get me wrong they've made their fair share of mistakes and deserve criticism but i'm honestly excited for what's to come and I think all Friday fans should be as well (after all it's probably the biggest thing to happen to this franchise in almost a decade) 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even with the issues, I remain optimistic. Can’t wait to see what 2018 brings, except for retro Jason. I have never had any interest in this version.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Friday The 16th said:

People definitely being way too harsh on Illfonic here 

Don't get me wrong they've made their fair share of mistakes and deserve criticism but i'm honestly excited for what's to come and I think all Friday fans should be as well (after all it's probably the biggest thing to happen to this franchise in almost a decade) 

I don't think much of the criticism is levelled at Illfonic. From my understanding they develop from the publisher's instruction, as the game is the publisher's property. If the publisher wants dancing pink elephants in the game, Illfonic may express their reservations - but dancing pink elephants it is.

The buck stops with Gun Media, and the downwards trajectory since October is their responsibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Friday The 16th said:

People definitely being way too harsh on Illfonic here 

Don't get me wrong they've made their fair share of mistakes and deserve criticism but i'm honestly excited for what's to come and I think all Friday fans should be as well (after all it's probably the biggest thing to happen to this franchise in almost a decade) 

Its definitely not being too hard on them.

Yes criticism has been at an all time high, but a lot of it has been constructive from what Ive seen of other posts. Things seem to have gotten a little more communicative since Shifty started, however its still not enough. I know the company is small and they're working hard, but that can only be used so much as an excuse. Even larger companies have gotten flack for not being transparent or vocal enough with what their plans are (just look at what Bungie's gotten themselves into) but just because this is a small company we're suppose to let it all slide?

For me, they get some slack for being new and smaller, but again that only lasts for so long and I for one feel we're past the honeymoon phase of letting it all just slide. Im not expecting say weekly updates or something along those lines, but we definitely need to be feed more information. Tell us your plans, what you agree with that the community is unhappy about, when you change something give us EXACT numbers and stats, and so on

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect the next patch, which probably won't even be out this month, to fix some balance issues. It will remove so many guns and knives. Maybe help slightly with hit detection. 

I expect Paranoia to come out. It will be an interesting concept, full of bugs and gets boring quickly so it rarely has players. People to come on the forums and say they hate it. Then Wes gets his feelings hurt and no one at the office is allowed to talk to the forums again.

I expect Day one bugs to still hang around. It's  called keeping it real.... status quo. Who doesnt love a good, old fashioned dashboard gag?! Eh!

I expect we won't ever get dedicated servers. 

I expect a level cap increase complete with 2 two counselor outfits for each counselor so you can keep playing Counselor Sims 5.

I expect lack of communication fro. The dev team. I expect good ideas to be ignored. Same progression syste.. no private match options. 

I expect Grendel to come out. Maybe 1 or 2 more maps before they give up on the game and you see 500 players online at peak time. 

I expect JPops to lock 2626 threads and delete 666 posts, unlocking an achievement. Then has a melt down and calls us ungrateful and toxic.

I expect Ben to buy 5 gallons worth of expensive scotch, 4 more guns, 3 watches, 2 tactical vests and 1 Cuban. The person not the cigar. He needs the person to roll his cigars. 

Overall, I will still have fun with a buggy game during the times I am not screaming at my tv for bugs or connection errors.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, I have zero interest in Paranoia.  I'll be sticking to regular multi player(Private lobbies only) or offline bots.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do I expect from posters? More crying after the next update, more forums complaining about developers,  calling people out, and claiming this game is unplayable. 

Everyone knows the game is far from prefect,  however developers put in all the hard work creating the game,  they can make the game in anyway they chose. Don't like it? Play another game or make your own slasher game. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

What do I expect from posters? More crying after the next update, more forums complaining about developers,  calling people out, and claiming this game is unplayable. 

Everyone knows the game is far from prefect,  however developers put in all the hard work creating the game,  they can make the game in anyway they chose. Don't like it? Play another game or make your own slasher game. 

You're right. We should paint mediocrity with glitter and praise it without acknowledging day one issues such as dashboarding still existing. I am glad you seem to know how the company works and how much they work. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

What do I expect from posters? More crying after the next update, more forums complaining about developers,  calling people out, and claiming this game is unplayable. 

Everyone knows the game is far from prefect,  however developers put in all the hard work creating the game,  they can make the game in anyway they chose. Don't like it? Play another game or make your own slasher game. 

That is an impressive display of bootlicking. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

You're right. We should paint mediocrity with glitter and praise it without acknowledging day one issues such as dashboarding still existing. I am glad you seem to know how the company works and how much they work. 

 You don't thinking coding and creating a game is hard? I can tell you it's much harder then posting top ten reasons why the game is terrible. I never said mediocre should be praised, I'm saying complaining about the game on this forum makes people come across as spoiled and entitled. There is a difference between offering suggestions and just being a cry baby. At the end of the day this is just a video game no one forces you to play. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Manny1985 said:

 You don't thinking coding and creating a game is hard? I can tell you it's much harder then posting top ten reasons why the game is terrible. I never said mediocre should be praised, I'm saying complaining about the game on this forum makes people come across as spoiled and entitled. There is a difference between offering suggestions and just being a cry baby. At the end of the day this is just a video game no one forces you to play. 

Spoiled and entitled for expecting a product to meet its value. It's one thing if they had labeled this game as still in beta stages. It's another to be 8 months down the line and still not function properly.

But hey, you have your opinion, I have mine. I think it's reasonable for people to demand answers from a company that has not met expectations. You seem to feel duct tape repairs are acceptable and we should just move along. You feel complaining about issues and making jokes is utterly negative and don't see the constructive criticisms involved. I think people that whine about people complainers are hypocritical and create more toxicity than simply acknowledging an opinion and offering suggestiong to fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

You seem to feel duct tape repairs are acceptable

Hey don't you be talking shit about duct tape! That shit fixes everything!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2018 at 8:10 AM, Alien_Number_Six said:

Aren't you fuckers so positive. ;)

I tried to maintain positivity, but it got nerfed with the last patch.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×