JasonKILLER

Fix Suicide. It is being abuse

11 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Incorrect. I don't give any fucks about achievements, and even if I did "Gotta Kill 'Em All' is already done; nor do I really care about the XP as XP. I think I have something like 138k CP, and I'll go from level 147 to 150 whenever it happens.

What I do care about is ensuring, once the match starts, the only way a counselor gets to feel like they gave Jason the middle finger is by surviving/escaping. I'd never say you stop people from quitting, but there's no reason to give them the power to inflict any kind of a cost on Jason other than by skill.

If you're cool with people quitting, you're cool with people committing suicide. It's the same thing.

Your ego takes a hit because they commit suicide instead of you killing them? Grow up.

• Haha 1

I think there are way bigger things to worry about than someone killing themselves on the game... 

Just saying

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

I think there are way bigger things to worry about than someone killing themselves on the game... 

Just saying

That's just you saying your issues are more important than the OPs issues.

Anyway, I saw a badass Jason this morning own the entire team with precision grabs and such and get ripped off on the last kill by a Vanessa camping a broken window.

The lamest shit ever as there was no real way for him to get her even with knives as she had sprays and his one well time shift grab was met by a knife. 

Sid77 was his name, the survivor Aphrodite.

The simple solution is prevent deathblow actions from occurring by a players own actions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

If you're cool with people quitting, you're cool with people committing suicide. It's the same thing.

Your ego takes a hit because they commit suicide instead of you killing them? Grow up.

My ego is not the issue - as far as I'm concerned every suicide/disconnect makes my job as Jason easier (from a counselor perspective, of course, it sucks balls). The question is how should the game enable a player to attack their opponent: solely by being better at escaping/surviving, or should they also be able to inflict a 'hit' by disconnect/suicide? I suppose that could be approached from the normative perspective of 'what's the right thing to have the game do?' but I'm more looking at it from a utilitarian 'what's minimizing non-ideal gameplay?' angle.

Disconnects and suicides are not happening because the XP loss actually hurts Jason; people otherwise powerless to prevent the inevitable are doing it as a simple fuck you. A 'fuck you' only works as such if the person considering doing it believes the action is actually denying Jason something. Knowing Jason - at minimum - doesn't lose anything if they quit would sharply reduce suicides and rage quits. Some people would be so motivated not to get killed by [insert player name here] that they'd still do it, but as DbD has shown us that's almost 100% fixable by making rage quits slightly more beneficial for the opponent.

tl;dr - counselors should be able to deliver fuck you's to Jason with weapons, crackers, knives, sprays, escapes, and sweater kills...and that's it. Result would be fewer opt-outs.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Caliph said:

That's just you saying your issues are more important than the OPs issues.

Anyway, I saw a badass Jason this morning own the entire team with precision grabs and such and get ripped off on the last kill by a Vanessa camping a broken window.

The lamest shit ever as there was no real way for him to get her even with knives as she had sprays and his one well time shift grab was met by a knife. 

Sid77 was his name, the survivor Aphrodite.

The simple solution is prevent deathblow actions from occurring by a players own actions.

No my issues. The bigger, more gamebreaking issues that people are rightfully pissed off about. 

Such as Jason being weak as shit, dedicated servers, connection issues, glitches and bugs. Someone committing suicide is not a bug, nor a glitch. It's also not gamebreaking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gummybish said:

No my issues. The bigger, more gamebreaking issues that people are rightfully pissed off about. 

Such as Jason being weak as shit, dedicated servers, connection issues, glitches and bugs. Someone committing suicide is not a bug, nor a glitch. It's also not gamebreaking.

Jason is weak for a multitude of issues, one of which is the fact a person can camp a broken window and Jason is limited to the occasional attempt at a shift grab to stop it which even if pulled off can be stopped with a pocket knife and damage reset with a spray. Then the medic exploit with sprays amplifies it.

I have a good connection so I don't need dedicated servers, couldn't careless about them. Some might. Same with connection issues. I don't have them. Some might.

Glitches and bugs can be an issue but what you are doing is trying to avoid having this issue added to the list of things needing adjusting by claiming it can't be fixed at the same time as the rest.

It is no less game breaking than a player standing on a rock. Both use cheap exploits to deny a kill. 

Both can be condescendingly wrote off by telling the Jason to deal with it or kill them before they exploit.

It's a remedial answer.

I think frankly you are one that uses suicide to grief the Jason when you have been bested and you're simply, in a most juvenile way, attempting to convince the devs to allow it to stand.

But as a counselor your goal is to survive. Suicide doesn't fit that narrative. Just like player killing didn't.

If team-killing was unsportsmanlike than so too is suicide.

Note how you assert you speak for people. But you don't. You speak for yourself. You certainly don't speak for me so you have in essence placed issues you care about further in importance than mine or the OPs.

In the reverse I don't place this issue above your connection issues I simply assert it is an issue that like those needs to be dealt with.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Caliph said:

Jason is weak for a multitude of issues, one of which is the fact a person can camp a broken window and Jason is limited to the occasional attempt at a shift grab to stop it which even if pulled off can be stopped with a pocket knife and damage reset with a spray. Then the medic exploit with sprays amplifies it.

I have a good connection so I don't need dedicated servers, couldn't careless about them. Some might. Same with connection issues. I don't have them. Some might.

Glitches and bugs can be an issue but what you are doing is trying to avoid having this issue added to the list of things needing adjusting by claiming it can't be fixed at the same time as the rest.

It is no less game breaking than a player standing on a rock. Both use cheap exploits to deny a kill. 

Both can be condescendingly wrote off by telling the Jason to deal with it or kill them before they exploit.

It's a remedial answer.

I think frankly you are one that uses suicide to grief the Jason when you have been bested and you're simply, in a most juvenile way, attempting to convince the devs to allow it to stand.

But as a counselor your goal is to survive. Suicide doesn't fit that narrative. Just like player killing didn't.

Note how you assert you speak for people. But you don't. You speak for yourself. You certainly don't speak for me so you have in essence placed issues you care about further in importance than mine or the OPs.

In the reverse I don't place this issue above your connection issues I simply assert it is an issue that like those needs to be dealt with.

I get what you are saying but at the same I don't because in case you have not been aware there are millions of threads about how weak Jason is because of the amount of pocket knives and health sprays as well as the bubble around windows.

Also it is a fact that the majority of console players are indeed pissed about how delayed the dedicated servers are arriving, if they are indeed actually arriving. 

There is a humongous thread about that in the "About Game" section.

A counselor not wanting to give Jason a kill by killing themselves is nothing that a Jason player should worry about. 

If that counselor wants to be a little bitch and get ridiculed and laughed at by almost everyone in the match, that's their choice. It's not a glitch nor a bug.

Let's just be real here for 5 seconds and state three of the biggest reasons why people would be upset about a silly situation like this.

1) Robs them of their perfect kill streak.

2) Hurts their ego

3) Robs them of like 100 xp.

That's really it.

40 minutes ago, Caliph said:

It's a remedial answer.

I agree as well that this may not seem important to some but this is still a problem that does happen and will continue to happen until devs figure out a way that helps Jason out with this suicide problem. I really don't see why this problem cant be solve at the same time as the other problems going on in this game, because this is just important as others when it comes to cheaping Jason? 

1 minute ago, Gummybish said:

I get what you are saying but at the same I don't because in case you have not been aware there are millions of threads about how weak Jason is because of the amount of pocket knives and health sprays as well as the bubble around windows.

Also it is a fact that the majority of console players are indeed pissed about how delayed the dedicated servers are arriving, if they are indeed actually arriving. 

There is a humongous thread about that in the "About Game" section.

A counselor not wanting to give Jason a kill by killing themselves is nothing that a Jason player should worry about. 

If that counselor wants to be a little bitch and get ridiculed and laughed at by almost everyone in the match, that's their choice. It's not a glitch nor a bug.

Let's just be real here for 5 seconds and state three of the biggest reasons why people would be upset about a silly situation like this.

1) Robs them of their perfect kill streak.

2) Hurts their ego

3) Robs them of like 100 xp.

That's really it.

My question is why cant this also be solve along with those problems at the sametime? Purposely Suicide  screw Jason over.

14 minutes ago, JasonKILLER said:

I agree as well that this may not seem important to some but this is still a problem that does happen and will continue to happen until devs figure out a way that helps Jason out with this suicide problem. I really don't see why this problem cant be solve at the same time as the other problems going on in this game, because this is just important as others when it comes to cheaping Jason? 

Honestly, how big of a problem is it? Like, how often has this happened to you? If even five times in a few hundred matches, that's not worth even considering as a "fix". Like I said before, I've never seen it once and I've got about three hundred games under my belt so far. I mean, I didn't even know this was an "issue" until I read this thread...

My opinion is that this happened to the OP, he got mad, and made a thread about it acting like it happens allllllll the time. Maybe I'm wrong. lol

32 minutes ago, Gacys Clown said:

Honestly, how big of a problem is it? Like, how often has this happened to you? If even five times in a few hundred matches, that's not worth even considering as a "fix". Like I said before, I've never seen it once and I've got about three hundred games under my belt so far. I mean, I didn't even know this was an "issue" until I read this thread...

My opinion is that this happened to the OP, he got mad, and made a thread about it acting like it happens allllllll the time. Maybe I'm wrong. lol

Just because it doesnt happen to you or you havent seen it happen doesnt mean it should not be fix. 

7 hours ago, Gacys Clown said:

If even five times in a few hundred matches, that's not worth even considering as a "fix".

Why? It's not like the devs can only fix a couple things in each patch, few to none of them correctly, and we only get a patch every couple mont....oh, shit.

On 24/01/2018 at 12:43 AM, Caliph said:

That’s only becuse you have a 1st graders understanding of what and how dedicated servers will work and what they’ll do for the overall experience. Even with your “good connection” dedicated servers will have a net positive effect on everyone’s online experience. 

On 24/01/2018 at 2:24 AM, JasonKILLER said:

Just because it doesnt happen to you or you havent seen it happen doesnt mean it should not be fix. 

That’s because absolutely no fix is needed. It’s a valid option. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gacys Clown said:

It's really not an issue.

Your opinion is exactly what happened.

I think I can count on one hand how many people have "done this to me" (Jason, the poor victim) since launch. It just chuckle and go along my day. I can get the 100 or so XP later.

2 hours ago, JasonKILLER said:

Still didn't answer my question...

9 hours ago, Corkenstein said:

I don't care if they do, it just seems only fair that the player(Jason) should get the credit for it since he did the work and put in the effort of chasing them and bringing them down to limping status.  It would suck to have all that time wasted to not get any XP for it or recognized as a kill.  It doesn't have to be the full XP of a kill but at least half if not a little more given to Jason.  

Yeah they do something similar on Dead by Daylight when someone disconnects.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:23 PM, John Wick said:

That’s only becuse you have a 1st graders understanding of what and how dedicated servers will work and what they’ll do for the overall experience. Even with your “good connection” dedicated servers will have a net positive effect on everyone’s online experience. 

No, it's because I play on PC and I don't have to worry about console issues and limitations.

As a PC player I find it amusing i'm expected to have my issues viewed as and conceded to be less important on behalf of a system(s) that in no way, shape or form interacts with my gameplay.

Sony and MS couldn't even keep their exclusive content exclusive, are a consistent dead weight in the release of patches and have been a drain on the scarce dev resources since release with countless issues the PC never had.

All of which is done on behalf of a system that will eventually be made redundant by a newer system while the PC and it's community will be right here.

Isn't it obvious at this point the status and reality of console dedicated servers?

As to your "suicide is valid" logic, so too was player killing and that was removed for a better gameplay experience.

On 1/23/2018 at 10:26 PM, John Wick said:

That’s because absolutely no fix is needed. It’s a valid option. 

Last i checked i hiding in an area where Jason cannot grab you is a 'valid option'  but those do get fixed once reported on.

Valid options is over rated.  Gotta look at game play, cause and effect.

Suicide can be funny when not done on purpose.  But watching people rub their crotch on a broken window just to rob Jason of a Kill and XP..  Is not good game play design. 

I used to see this more back when Jason as actually OP and people just wanted to get the game over with quick so they can hopefully be Jason.  So i don't see it as often as i used to.  But it can easily be fixed.

.  So not sure why people would be against it.  

11 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Last i checked i hiding in an area where Jason cannot grab you is a 'valid option'  but those do get fixed once reported on.

Valid options is over rated.  Gotta look at game play, cause and effect.

Suicide can be funny when not done on purpose.  But watching people rub their crotch on a broken window just to rob Jason of a Kill and XP..  Is not good game play design. 

I used to see this more back when Jason as actually OP and people just wanted to get the game over with quick so they can hopefully be Jason.  So i don't see it as often as i used to.  But it can easily be fixed.

.  So not sure why people would be against it.  

Watching Our Lord and Savior Lachappa swan dive out of a second story window to sacrifice himself on our behalf never gets old.

wow just meet dump people for 5 games the killed there selfs i called them dump and they called me racist and i escaped the called me a cheater wow how low are players on here i hope they ban or make them stop for play for doing that in the game

• Haha 1

I killed everyone as Jason in a game. There was a group of 5 who beat me up and tried to take the car but I slaughtered them. The very next game they all killed themselves (including Tommy) and I was left with just one other counselor after I called the cops. I ended up dying but the other guy got away after I kept Jason busy. I presume this was their attempt at revenge. Public lobbies = AIDS.

I had a match a while back where I found a Mitch trying to kill himself with a bear trap. Before he could complete the act I picked up the trap and left with it. He followed me across Packanack limping all the way to the main cabin, while he tried to set the trap I hit him with a medspray. He stepped in the trap and I picked it up again and left with it. He limped to where I dropped it behind one of the cabins on stilts. By this time Jason was near so I split. He finally managed to do himself in, but his goal of coming back as Tommy failed. He messaged me to inform me I was being reported for griefing.

Edited by AdmiralJT
I found the video
  • Haha 3

Their*. The word you wanted is their. It's shows possession or ownership or a noun. 

Try punctuation sometime. Not that I mind your Hubert Selby Jr rant, but it may help illustrate your point. You and @Truen1ghtmare Will get along great.

I get that this game is in an unfair state for counselors unless you're in Private Match, but committing suicide is kinda too salty.

Just accept the fact that Jason no longer requires skill to play and try to protest against the current state of counselors.

If they want to keep the item spawn as is, they need to find another way to improve the counselor experience. Someone suggested on focusing on counselor stat effectiveness or perks, which I really liked.