17 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

1. People were crying about removing this feature for a month after the release when youtubers were abusing it for views.

2. Suicide can't really be abused unless they have beartraps on them 24/7 and no its a last resort regardless if you dont like it or not if it wasn't possible why would they add it in the game??? because they wanted to have it.

3. Never said it wasn't a game directly opposite and yes actual major fixes that are needed not a feature they purposely allowed to be within it for months of its creation by this logic we should remove cars and leave the  boats since idiots are getting themselves killed.

1.) I don't give a shit about youtube. My experience with the game was enough to easily see squeaky kids and dumb trolls using team killing for laughs. When team killing still existed more then half of the games i joined had team killers.  Or just idiots running around attacking others for what ever reason.  It had to be removed because people are IDIOTS.   This shit wastes people time that actually want to play the damn game..

2.) Suicide can also easily be abused by those SAME idiots.   They deny Jason a kill or just killing themselves to get the match over quicker.  I don't give a shit why it was added to the game.  EVERY game needs to be idiot proof or those idiots ruin everything and waste everyones time playing.    Like they do in all games.

3.) Theres no logic in bringing up cars and boats.   But if there was something being abused by it. (Like blocking off areas from jason) Ya, that needs to be fixed.

My opinion is..   Fixing stupid shit is what makes game better.  

2 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

1.) I don't give a shit about youtube. My experience with the game was enough to easily see squeaky kids and dumb trolls using team killing for laughs. When team killing still existed more then half of the games i joined had team killers.  Or just idiots running around attacking others for what ever reason.  It had to be removed because people are IDIOTS.   This shit wastes people time that actually want to play the damn game..

2.) Suicide can also easily be abused by those SAME idiots.   They deny Jason a kill or just killing themselves to get the match over quicker.  I don't give a shit why it was added to the game.  EVERY game needs to be idiot proof or those idiots ruin everything and waste everyones time playing.    Like they do in all games.

3.) Theres no logic in bringing up cars and boats.   But if there was something being abused by it. (Like blocking off areas from jason) Ya, that needs to be fixed.

My opinion is..   Fixing stupid shit is what makes game better.  

1. Ok?

2. No such thing as idiot proof games just deal with the in-game features like jeez I praise those people who use logic on killing themselves because its again a last resort if the Jason isn't a total noob if they aren't they need to get better at the game.

3. Again same topic of denying Jason regardless its in the game so who cares?.

It's stupid to you but not others.

15 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

2. No such thing as idiot proof games just deal with the in-game features 

3. Again same topic of denying Jason regardless its in the game so who cares?.

It's stupid to you but not others.

2.) In game features my ass.  Game devs fix game breaking.. shitty game mechanics that get abused ALL THE TIME.    

3) Bad game play mechanics get fixed all the time.  That fact that you actually think suicide is a valid option in this game basically shows what side of the fence you're on.  And its not the side of 'good game play'

And suicide abuse is stupid.. Just sayin'.       

It’s a tactic which I use to trip traps when Jason’s are being overly reliant on them by over trapping objectives, I’d rather run through them free myself and then run through the one next to it.  This opens the objective, denies a kill, and allows the rest of the team to escape.  

14 hours ago, Zenigundam said:

First of all, if you don't have the 1313 trophy, you're  a scrub because I've had that since the beginning of November. Secondly,  if you're good enough, you'll stalk shift into the cabin and snag the kill before the suicide can occur. Lastly, this is a total non-issue. :j2:

So if we don't have insane luck to get picked as Jason multiple times in a day or have enough time to grind in private matches, we're a scrub? Basically if we're trying to have a life, we're scrubs?

Even if you're the best Jason in the world and you use a stalk-shift grab, there's no avoiding a pocket knife. Bodyblocking the window could work, but you'd have be quick and hope that Jason's body is still blocking the window after he steps back and releases the counselor. If you're in a cabin with multiple broken windows that are close together and you don't have a throwing knife or the stun changes your direction somehow, then they can still limp over to the other window and suicide with that window. 

On 23.1.2018 at 12:24 AM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Trish from the Final Chapter would have a word with you all.

4A2Ja4m.gif

Trish is a troll, apparently. She should have let Jason get the kill like a good girl.

That Jarvis-dog was trolling aswell. He clearly jumped. And yes, those were my thoughts from page 1 on. Why - in the minds of those with the "no xp for suicide" stance - shouldn't there be a 75 XP assist xp if a counselor took damage through direct or indirect actions of Jason? Could aswell be done when a player kills him/herself through selfinflicted damage with Jason in line of sight and close proximity. There is at least something that was earned.

I know someone who killed himself as soon as he knew someone died. He noticed that it was usually the second person who died that came back as Tommy. Now with the new patch it seems to most often be the first person, so he just crashes through a windows and goes through it until he dies so he can just be Tommy. I’ve had a conversation with him about this not being fair because then nobody else gets a chance to come back and he disagrees with me so... yeah. The suicide thing is being abused. Not just in those cases, but I see people intentionally go through windows and step in traps so Jason gets no credit for the kill, too. 

10 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

@NthnButAGoodTime Came in here and said he merged the two posts on the subject. So don't get your panties in a twist.

Did he? You talking about the post a few up above mine, because that doesn't say anything about him merging them. Reads like he is suggesting it. And if he's a mod, there's no distinguishable characteristic from me or you or anyone else posting here, so how would I know he even had the power to merge them, if his post even read like that was what he was doing to begin with?

My panties are justifiably nice and loose...:P

NthnButAGoodTime

• He who the prophecies foretold... I'll probably change this
  •  
  • NthnButAGoodTime
  • Moderators
  • team_staff.png
  • 2,003 posts

No need for a lock, when we can merge. A second thread for the counter to an existing topic is not necessary.

@Gacys Clown Yeah, me is a mod. Actually, he was just made mod recently. He merged the topics.
Glad to hear that your panties are loose. Tight ones can cause many problems. :P
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Gacys Clown said:

Did he? You talking about the post a few up above mine, because that doesn't say anything about him merging them. Reads like he is suggesting it. And if he's a mod, there's no distinguishable characteristic from me or you or anyone else posting here, so how would I know he even had the power to merge them, if his post even read like that was what he was doing to begin with?

My panties are justifiably nice and loose...:P

22 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

@Gacys Clown Yeah, me is a mod. Actually, he was just made mod recently. He merged the topics.
Glad to hear that your panties are loose. Tight ones can cause many problems. :P

Regardless of the state of anyone's panties (mine are surprisingly breathable, despite being stitched together from the hides of my enemies), I did, in fact, merge a newer thread into the existing thread. I didn't alter anyone's conversation up to that point, so it would appear that someone was worried that the original thread would be closed. T'was in fact the new thread that might have been closed, had I not merged. Hence @Gacys Clown's confusion, hence this diversion into discussion the fit of everyone's unmentionables. Further in @Gacys Clown's defense, it is not easy to identify a mod if you are looking at this page from a mobile phone browser. 

Now that we're all uncomfortably familiar with the fit and positioning of each other's undergarments, let's all return to the topic of whether or not suicide is "being abuse".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't even see people killing themselves often.

It only happened to me once, with multiple times as Jason this weekend. You usually kill someone limping before they kill themselves.

1 minute ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Now that we're all uncomfortably familiar with the fit and positioning of each other's undergarments, let's all return to the topic of whether or not suicide is "being abuse".

Fair enough. I do not think it is "being abuse". I honestly think it happens so rarely that it doesn't even register as a minor blip on the dev's radar of "things to fix" right now. I mean, what does Jason miss out on, a few XP points? I really don't see that it is a problem at all.

I don't see it happen Once in a blue moon.

Image result for death by suicide movie gif

17 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

But that's a much better topic!

1 hour ago, Truth said:

But that's a much better topic!

Discussion would be brief, as would the period before the lock.

You've really boxered us in here, a brief statement of fact and the panties have run out of air. I thong for the good old days. 

12 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Now im just lost....did this just get derailed?

Hopefully only temporarily. Please feel free to help put it back on track with me. Do you personally see suicide overused in games?

Just now, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Hopefully only temporarily. Please feel free to help put it back on track with me. Do you personally see suicide overused in games?

I dont see it abused at all ._. I dont see the point of it being an issue like seriously who cares so much about Xp over 1 or 2 counselors? it's better than having another counselor kill them with a car or a beartrap.

14 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I dont see it abused at all ._. I dont see the point of it being an issue like seriously who cares so much about Xp over 1 or 2 counselors? it's better than having another counselor kill them with a car or a beartrap.

17 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Do you personally see suicide overused in games?

I've probably seen suicide as a troll tactic like 3 times out of over 1000 games. I don't see that as an issue. I'll take a suicide troll over a rage quitting host any day.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Truth said:

I've probably seen suicide as a troll tactic like 3 times out of over 1000 games. I don't see that as an issue. I'll take a suicide troll over a rage quitting host any day.

Amen!!

40 minutes ago, Truth said:

Nailed it, Bro.

Suicide is so far removed from being an actual problem with the game, it's ridiculous that people feel the need to bring it up.  

Who really gets hurt by it?  The match ends sooner, so the argument that Jason is missing out on XP is mitigated by the increased number of matches and guaranteed XP whereas there's no guarantee Jason would have killed a suicide player, and the match could have ended in a 20 minute time limit with both Jason and the rest of the lobby losing out on the XP from more matches.

There is no logical case for opposing suicides in the game as scoring is currently constructed.  More Suicides means quicker matches, which, in turn, means more matches overall within a given period of time.  

Think of it this way: would you rather sit through three twenty minute matches in an hour of gameplay, or six ten minute matches?  You're going to level a hell of a lot quicker with more matches, so unless you're level capped and playing the game for the "glory", there is no practical argument against suicides.

6 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Basically if we're trying to have a life, we're scrubs?

Watch your mouth, man.

*steps to you*

:JasonPt7:

16 minutes ago, Hell Toupee said:

I had a bot commit suicide via windows last night.

I just got on to post this very thing. LOL. I had a Chad suicide via window hopping. 

• Haha 1