I brought up people disconnecting pre-kill on the discord server and someone recommended a new named kill. It would be called "Scared to Death" and Jason would get exp for a normal kill in those situations. Suicides could fit in that category as well.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheButtonMasher said:

No you're wrong and Im right.

:D

Is this the right thread for an argument?

Argument-800x577.gif

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Nomadder said:

:D

Is this the right thread for an argument?

Argument-800x577.gif

No it isn't what are you an idiot or something ;)

Rename suicide to “Easy Way Out” and give the credit to Jason. 

Accidents do happen, but abuse appears to be more common than legit suicides. Chalk this up to “can’t have nice things.”

• Like 1

Are people really "abusing" the suicide option? I've literally never seen this happen. I can't even recall seeing someone suicide on purpose even one time and I've got a lot of hours under my belt.

Once again, I'm not saying it doesn't happen. I just don't think it happens enough to even remotely call it "abuse". I'd bet it happens less than 1% of the time, which equates to nothing to complain about.

13 minutes ago, Gacys Clown said:

Are people really "abusing" the suicide option? I've literally never seen this happen. I can't even recall seeing someone suicide on purpose even one time and I've got a lot of hours under my belt.

Once again, I'm not saying it doesn't happen. I just don't think it happens enough to even remotely call it "abuse". I'd bet it happens less than 1% of the time, which equates to nothing to complain about.

If it can happen...  it will happen.     How much it happens is really not the issue.

Maybe its just me but i prefer game devs to plug all the holes no matter how much water is spillin' out.   That way even a 1% chance is impossible.

39 minutes ago, Gacys Clown said:

I’ve seen it a bunch of times, but only twice that I can think of while I was Jason. But then, bragging about it to me over the mic or via text is going to make it easily memorable. 

It happens, and yes it should be dealt with somehow. 

12 hours ago, gyaaft said:

I brought up people disconnecting pre-kill on the discord server and someone recommended a new named kill. It would be called "Scared to Death" and Jason would get exp for a normal kill in those situations. Suicides could fit in that category as well.

Brilliant. Literally scared to death. This could create a new mechanic for fear. If your fear reaches a certain point, you DIE! So stay away from Jason and keep fear low. 

6 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Seriously who cares if someone kills themselves in the game. I think it's pretty funny. 

Image result for the walking dead thank you gif

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Seriously who cares if someone kills themselves in the game. I think it's pretty funny. 

I don't care if they do, it just seems only fair that the player(Jason) should get the credit for it since he did the work and put in the effort of chasing them and bringing them down to limping status.  It would suck to have all that time wasted to not get any XP for it or recognized as a kill.  It doesn't have to be the full XP of a kill but at least half if not a little more given to Jason.  

7 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

I don't care if they do, it just seems only fair that the player(Jason) should get the credit for it since he did the work and put in the effort of chasing them and bringing them down to limping status.  It would suck to have all that time wasted to not get any XP for it or recognized as a kill.  It doesn't have to be the full XP of a kill but at least half if not a little more given to Jason.  

What give Jason a welfare XP payment because he can't do his job? Pffft... If the rebalancing updates Jason to be a super killing machine I don't thing he needs to get free XP. Its tough luck if Jason can't kill them in time and usually its as much counsellor mistake to climb through the broken window as tactical suicide. Jason didn't kill them so he doesn't deserve anything free. Perhaps counsellors should be given bonus XP for driving a full car of people to the exit, but you don't. I rather see a minus xp penalty for suiciders than give Jason credit for something when for all we know could be on the other side of the map.

27 minutes ago, a kamikaze man said:

What give Jason a welfare XP payment because he can't do his job?

Mother said kill them all, not kill them all before they're able to kill each other/themselves. From Jason's perspective, it's a 20 minute match inside a sealed environment with defined exit options; suicides/betrayals/disconnects all screw with that basic concept.

I'll agree with you the moment there are literally only two possible outcomes for each counselor in the lobby at match start: escape/survive, or die to Jason. But this game and these devs will never, ever produce that in a working format (e.g., slotting a bot into the counselor's place with the same stats/inventory the counselor had before dying/disconnecting). So long as we have suicides, betrayals, and quit/disconnects as exit options for those counselor slots, there's a basis for crediting Jason with XP for those deaths.

27 minutes ago, a kamikaze man said:

I rather see a minus xp penalty for suiciders than give Jason credit for something when for all we know could be on the other side of the map.

Last night my first match involved watching a decent but noobish Part 7 kill off everyone but me and two other people, while I got the 4 seater running as Vanessa by roughly 6 minutes in. Jarvis spawned and found the other two, so I drove over to the group and said let's go! Response: 'nah, we're good, you can go.' I escape, and get to enjoy the next 14 minutes watching these three braindead morons troll this poor Jason. While it was nice he finally killed one of them before time ran out, it was boring as shit. And I told them that in the lobby. Response: 'fuck you, just leave - we play how we want!'

Next match, I'm Part 4 on Jarvis and wouldn't you know it I find Tommy from last game at the first cabin I morph to. As I slit his throat I say, 'Tell your friends they're next.' Within a minute or so, both his pals pop up on my screen suicides...and I'm supposed to miss out on credit for causing those deaths? I mean, I'm Level 147 so it doesn't really matter...but still, on principle I say no :P

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Mother said kill them all, not kill them all before they're able to kill each other/themselves. From Jason's perspective, it's a 20 minute match inside a sealed environment with defined exit options; suicides/betrayals/disconnects all screw with that basic concept.

I'll agree with you the moment there are literally only two possible outcomes for each counselor in the lobby at match start: escape/survive, or die to Jason. But this game and these devs will never, ever produce that in a working format (e.g., slotting a bot into the counselor's place with the same stats/inventory the counselor had before dying/disconnecting). So long as we have suicides, betrayals, and quit/disconnects as exit options for those counselor slots, there's a basis for crediting Jason with XP for those deaths.

I see that open to abuse. Surely you'd see Jason player with friends in a lobby who would quit just for him so he could farm xp doing didly squat. Think how quick Jason could level up if it was a lobby just of friends. Instant match ends, instant xp, instant disaster waiting to happen.

4 minutes ago, a kamikaze man said:

I see that open to abuse. Surely you'd see Jason player with friends in a lobby who would quit just for him so he could farm xp doing didly squat. Think how quick Jason could level up if it was a lobby just of friends. Instant match ends, instant xp, instant disaster waiting to happen.

So what? It's maybe a minute faster than the same thing occurring with everyone meeting Jason at the Packanack Small parking lot to get butchered. Farmers gonna farm. I've said it before, and the way this game is run I'll likely have to say it again: balancing game mechanics based on avoiding corner-case trolling/exploiting as priority #1 results in a shittier experience for most players. It's stupid.

4 minutes ago, a kamikaze man said:

So what? People can already farm xp. As long as it has no impact on any other player's game play, what's the difference?

I'm amazed this thread has gotten to 6 pages.

Suicide is hardly "abused". I've seen maybe a handful of people intentionally suicide since launch (some don't know it's gonna kill them).

How about you learn to suck it up and take the small XP loss when someone commits suicide? At least they didn't escape.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Suicide is hardly "abused". I've seen maybe a handful of people intentionally suicide since launch (some don't know it's gonna kill them).

How about you learn to suck it up and take the small XP loss when someone commits suicide? At least they didn't escape.

And on the plus side, the match finishes that much faster.

6 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

That's what I said. You know how this community likes to blow things out of proportion.

9 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Exactly, it's once in a while when a player wants to try and spite you for being a decent Jason.  They think by committing suicide it's like saying "Haha, you couldn't kill me."
In the lobby afterwards, I play it cool and tell them that they made my job easier.  They didn't escape, they're dead, and that's all that matters.  Mother is still proud lol

• Like 1

Just now, Truth said:

That's what I said. You know how this community likes to blow things out of proportion.

I'm never gonna side with XP / Achievement whores. Their concerns are only concerns because they have silly compulsions.

"OMG How are we ever gonna get 1000 Matches as Jason?!"

Who cares? It's an achievement. It's not a requirement. You're not gonna win anything for completing all achievements, so get over it.

3 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I'm never gonna side with XP / Achievement whores. Their concerns are only concerns because they have silly compulsions.

Who cares? It's an achievement. It's not a requirement. You're not gonna win anything for completing all achievements, so get over it.

Right on

5 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

You're not gonna win anything for completing all achievements, so get over it.

That's not true though. Currently they win the inability to play the game!

36 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I just like playing, I really don't care for XP, I just enjoy killing players. If someone kills themselves well I'm moving on. I don't need that XP for them killing themselves 

59 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Incorrect. I don't give any fucks about achievements, and even if I did "Gotta Kill 'Em All' is already done; nor do I really care about the XP as XP. I think I have something like 138k CP, and I'll go from level 147 to 150 whenever it happens.

What I do care about is ensuring, once the match starts, the only way a counselor gets to feel like they gave Jason the middle finger is by surviving/escaping. I'd never say you stop people from quitting, but there's no reason to give them the power to inflict any kind of a cost on Jason other than by skill.

• Like 1