87 members have voted

1. 1. What generation are you?

• Greatest Generation(1900 - 1924)
    • Silent Generation (1925 - 1945)
    • Baby Boomers (1946 - 1964)
    • Generation X (1965 - 1979)
    • Millenials (1980 - 1996)
    • Generation Z (1997 - 2010)

I was born in 82 and probably one of the best times to be born. We had all of the best stuff in the 80's and 90's imo

• Like 3

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

3 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

I was born in 82 and probably one of the best times to be born. We had all of the best stuff in the 80's and 90's imo

I concur.  I'm a bit longer in the tooth than you, but after the early 90's, everything in arts and culture went to shit: music, movies, television... all utter and complete crap.  I blame MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice for making "sampling" popular, since they blatantly stole from Rick James and Queen (my god, did we ever get shafted on Freddie Mercury), and music really never recovered.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, a kamikaze man said:

Millennial of '95. I can just about remember the two big hits of the time before 2000; The Spice Girls and Diagnosis Murder. 

Hate to burst your bubble, but there actually was a ton of awesome music and TV before 2000, and neither of the ones that you mentioned qualify. :lol:

Proud GenX'er here.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RoyBurns said:

What's the generation of everyone here?

You need to update that poll to include 2010-now, judging by the number of prepubescent chatter I encounter in quick-play lobbies.

I guarantee you'll hit double digits.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rexfellis said:

Hate to burst your bubble, but there actually was some awesome music and TV before 2000, and neither of the ones that you mentioned qualify. :lol:

Proud GenX'er here.

In terms of quality of tv, movies music and games we had the best run from the 80's and 90's. One big thing that came after the 2000's for me was the band Trivium. They have been a big inspiration for my guitar playing on top of bands from the 80's and 90' like Metallica, megadeth etc...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

You need to update that poll to include 2010-now, judging by the number of prepubescent chatter I encounter in quick-play lobbies.

I guarantee you'll hit double digits.

I would've voted for that because I'm only 5. I'm the most intelligent five year old ever known to mankind, didn't you hear about me on the news?

But seriously, I would not be surprised if at least 40-50 people would vote for 2010-now. I remember encountering a lobby as Jason where everyone was a kid that was under 8. I was shocked that they even had access to the game. 

11 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

In terms of quality of tv, movies music and games we had the best run from the 80's and 90's. One big thing that came after the 2000's for me was the band Trivium. They have been a big inspiration for my guitar playing on top of bands from the 80's and 90' like Metallica, megadeth etc...

Well, there was some pretty damn good music from the 70s too. Classic Sabbath, Priest, and Iron Maiden to name a few. I had heard of Trivium, but had never actually listened to them until you mentioned them. I just finished watching the video for The Sin and the Sentence, and the part that stuck out to me was the drummer. (Of course, I'm a drummer, so there is that :lol:) His double bass is on point. There are a ton of bands from the 80s/90s that I still listen to now...the two you mentioned plus Slayer, Dio, Sepultura, Motorhead...I could go on forever with this. My favorite band of all time is probably Pantera, but that could be because I had a friend that was a bouncer at Joe's Garage and the Basement back in the day when they played at both places a lot, and I got to meet and hang out with them. R.I.P. Dime.  Here is a great thread discussing music. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Nah, games were at their peak during PS2/Xbox/GameCube era of the early 2000s.

No console generation was that active and vivid, when there were actually exclusive titles on the Xbox, ohhh lord good times.

In every generation we had awesome movies and music it’s a personal thing, as a late 90s person I do not feel connected to my generations music, I prefer 80s music all the way.

2 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

Hate to burst your bubble, but there actually was a ton of awesome music and TV before 2000, and neither of the ones that you mentioned qualify. :lol:

Proud GenX'er here.

I thought music hit a rough patch between 1995-2000. The grunge era gave way to faux grunge like Bush and Creed, limp dick pop rock like Semisonic and Matchbox 20, indie rock turned into bland emo, and then there was rap metal. I’d take Spice Girls over all of that, honestly. If you’re young enough then I can forgive you for having nostalgia for that stuff, but I do think that music rebounded some around 2001-2002 with White Stripes, Franz Ferdinand, and disco punk bands like The Rapture and Chk Chk Chk.

I always assumed people in their early 20’s now were millennials. They’re the ones with no work ethic and listenin to weird music and eatin tide pods. 

Just get off my lawn. Kids these days....

Just so's you're aware, this is the chart I've seen most people use:

Generation-Chart-One.jpg

"iGen" and "Homelanders" replaced the name "Generation Z" around 2005. My daughter was born in 1997 and definitely considers herself a Millennial.

My wife and I are both Gen-X'ers -- albeit she is in the final year of it.

I think every generation has their problems, not just millenials. I agree that the whole trend of eating tide pods is stupid but honestly I think it's just one of those memes that became popular. 

I think music is also just a preferred taste, one genre can be amazing to you but someone else might absolutely hate it. 

2 hours ago, Blaisy-Bas said:

As someone who is in his early 20’s I wanna apologize for the rude, incompetent millennial people.

The biggest problem with the Millennial generation is that it tends to worship those whom give it the worst name. 

Logan Paul helped to identify Millennials as "The I.D.G.A.F. Generation."

They publicly loved him and his antics until it was no longer socially acceptable to do so.

Now, many of them love him privately, and secretly think his suicide video was hilarious and awesome.

Idiocy begets idiocy, and this trend will continue until the Millennials-at-large decide they've had enough.

Ironically, my Millennial daughter is the one who pointed much of this out to me.  

18 minutes ago, Blaisy-Bas said:

As someone who is in his early 20’s I wanna apologize for the rude, incompetent millennial people.

I don’t wanna bring politics into it but the people you refer to are usually libtards.

In my experience, the rude incompetent individuals are on both ends of the political spectrum, and usually towards the extreme ends of either side.  They're also not constrained by age.

• Thanks 1

Depends.  Usually I'm lumped in with Gen X but here I'm a Milennial.  I don't really feel I fit in with Milennials so I'm going to stick to X.

Just now, A.J. Mason said:

Im old enough that i have to use google to find out what people are talking about. I have no idea what Tide pods are. Cuck, Bae, tl;dr, libtard (and many more)...all terms I've never heard until i came here. 1976

Tide pods are small, swirly colored detergent pods that you can just plunk into your washer machine without using a bottle. Teenagers are currently eating them as a challenge.

2 minutes ago, LadySansaLannister said:

Tide pods are small, swirly colored detergent pods that you can just plunk into your washer machine without using a bottle. Teenagers are currently eating them as a challenge.

We call this natural selection

• Like 1