Sign in to follow this  
Daneasaur

Single Player Adjustments

So I'm enjoying the fun of murdering somewhat dimwitted bots in Offline mode, but I feel some changes are in order.

1: Badge/Achievement progression should work. While single shot achievements work (get your first kill, kill someone with the door, use the machete dismemberment kill, kill someone in the fireplace), the game "disregards" that you made any progress in terms of Badges or any other achievements. While I think this is most likely a glitch, and even if it isn't, I'd like it to properly work and let players build up their badge and achievement progression.

2: AI should use outhouses/tents. Currently, they don't, and one of the hardest achievements to get is the Sleeping Bag kill as very few players ever hide in tents (it gets to the point that in online games, as a counselor, if I feel Jason has me dead to rights, I'll hide in a tent to LET him get the kill). I'm not sure what the programming is in terms of this, but I'd like the Tent Hiding to be more of an option for them.

3: Full exp bonuses. For some reason, there are a few EXP bonuses missing when completing an Offline session, such as Killing Everyone and a Time Bonus. I would very much like these back as, without the double EXP events, it's somewhat or a drag to rank up in the game if you don't play online non-stop (I refuse to pay for PS+ so my PS4 version of the game is offline only).

I attribute some of these to glitches and ironing things out that will come in later days, but really feel they should be addressed.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2018 at 12:57 PM, Daneasaur said:

AI should use outhouses/tents. Currently, they don't, and one of the hardest achievements to get is the Sleeping Bag kill as very few players ever hide in tents

Finally had a bot hide in a tent the other day after about a month of playing them.

I think someone said they had a bot hide in an outhouse.

I've also had them trip traps with pocket knives a couple times, unless there was a glitch with the trap sound cue.

12 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Finally had a bot hide in a tent the other day after about a month of playing them.

I think someone said they had a bot hide in an outhouse.

I've also had them trip traps with pocket knives a couple times, unless there was a glitch with the trap sound cue.

The outhouse one was due to some sort of "destroy all indoor hiding places" and then the bot eventually hid in an outhouse. Did you do a similar thing to trigger the tent hiding?

As for the traps, I've noticed that sometimes the sound just doesn't cue if, say, they hit a trap while you're stunned/killing someone as I've seen activated traps, had no cue, and found the counselor nearby limping.

15 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

The outhouse one was due to some sort of "destroy all indoor hiding places" and then the bot eventually hid in an outhouse. Did you do a similar thing to trigger the tent hiding?

It was a standard chase through the woods. It was either a Debby or Jenny as far as I remember. She was far enough from me that if I didn't have sense on, I might've missed that she went in it.

Before, I've tried to grab and walk them over to a tent so when they break out they might go in it, but they never do. 

15 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

As for the traps, I've noticed that sometimes the sound just doesn't cue if, say, they hit a trap while you're stunned/killing someone as I've seen activated traps, had no cue, and found the counselor nearby limping

I know that louder noises, like a kill animation with music, can mask the sound of a trap snapping especially when listening through TV speakers. The trap sound is there, but without headphones or good speakers, you won't be able to hear it. And a lot (but not most) of the time they will spray themselves after tanking a trap, so it's hard to say. The times that it happened to me I wasn't making any noise and no one was limping when I caught up to them, nor did they have pocket knives when I grabbed them (while catching them in the act of repairing). I hope they're doing it.

On 1/23/2018 at 2:54 PM, WashingtonJones said:

I know that louder noises, like a kill animation with music, can mask the sound of a trap snapping especially when listening through TV speakers. The trap sound is there, but without headphones or good speakers, you won't be able to hear it. And a lot (but not most) of the time they will spray themselves after tanking a trap, so it's hard to say. The times that it happened to me I wasn't making any noise and no one was limping when I caught up to them, nor did they have pocket knives when I grabbed them (while catching them in the act of repairing). I hope they're doing it.

I suspect they may be using pocketknives to disarm traps. When they tank it, you know. When they don't I morph to find the trap has been triggered.

1 hour ago, Daneasaur said:

They might use knives to disable traps on higher difficulties.

I've noticed this in Normal at least.