jahzaveamanaie

Anyone else getting connection issues on PS4?

so we all know about how unplayable this game is on consoles with how the servers work (p2p i think it was?) yeah its impossible to enjoy the game when the host of the current lobby can easily just leave to end the entire game for everybody.

but one thing i dont see anyone complaining about is connection issues like the following and its starting to make me think if i just got a shitty internet setup on my PS4 because this is what REALLY makes the game unplayable for me

10 minutes to join a ~2 people lobby and 1 minute for it to fill up

• it takes usually 1.30 mins of "searching for server" then "search cooldown" happening in a loop and when the ~1.30 mins are over im put into an empty lobby as a host and even waiting 4 mins with ready on nothing happens and not a single person joins
  • then i just keep hitting quick play until after a long while it puts me into a server before the 1.30 mins where its usually near empty with few players and then slowly fills up, or in a very rare case i end up in a full lobby or an almost full lobby

INTERNET BASED PROBLEMS 

i got my lan cable plugged in and tested my internet connection and it said my download speed is along the lines of 50mbp/s and my upload speed is 6.5mbp/s

when i play on pc i usually have amazing ping even across the atlantic ocean when its on coastal servers i still generally get steady 90-120ms

shitty pings

• my usual ping in these lobbies on ps4 is 80ms - 240ms
  • BUT thats only until like halfway into the game where it starts getting bad, often going up to 999ms before giving me the notice "Connection to host lost"
  • and even if i DONT get that, i also very often have it that everything suddenly freezes and i get booted into the main menu and it says "Connection timed out"
  • i looked around the internet but most posts about this are from the games launch. it said to restart f13 after 3ish games to prevent connection timed out
  • i still get it sometimes though even if i restarted and its my first or second game

is any other ps4 player getting this? with all i mentioned i managed to play and finish ~3 matches during an active playtime of about 10 hours spanned over 5 days

Well I'm in the UK and usually connect to more lobbies with US players so my ping is around 200.if with UK players around 60-80 ping.

I can get the searching for game and if it's still doing that at over a minute it generally makes me host. It still throws me out with connection timed out or an error code from time to time even as host. Connection to host lost is mainly host quitting issue. 

Have you checked NAT type on ps4?  I know that if on type 3 it makes multiplayer pretty much unplayable. It should be type 2.

my nat type is 2 yup.

60-80 ping when ur with uk players sounds wrong af. im no computer expert but uk isnt the biggest country and i feel like you shouldnt be getting more than 40ms with uk players.

i get 4 - 20ms usually when im playing with people from my country on pc, but when i play with people from my country on ps4 and theyre host im gettin like 80-120 ms thats just straight up weird. dedicated servers cant come soon enough, at this point for me its literally like waiting for the game to release again 

I'm prefer to be host has there is no lag , no rage quit but when i do not host i noticed when you look your ping in-game and in menu it's not the same you will ping more in game which make no sense what devs have made and seems to not do a thing about it wish i got PC to run this game dedicated servers will never come in time PC do have them right but consoles it's a waste of time with their supposed certification process but here it's where i do not understand the dedicated servers was supposed to come in mid-late september or october but we still got no news and they haven't told if the servers were made and rejected by sony and microsoft due to any kind of breach or whatever.

Since last night it's been difficult to connect to a game. I've been about 10 minutes as host and I haven't seen anyone pop in. I'm on Xbox.

Be careful. The mod force might close this thread (ISNT THERE ENOUGH POSTS ABOUT THIS IN ANOTHER THREAD....) So annoying. I have to agree. It is getting unbearable. It always happens when I match make with friends which is bullshit. It makes them not want to play.

There have been connection issues since Labor Day last year on PS4. The July 4th patch last year improved it greatly, but the Labor Day update was a setback.

I am on PS4 and have been having issues. It gets really frustrating sometimes, with lots of "connection timed out" messages. Been thinking it was my internet screwing up, but maybe not...

I had an issue where none of my friends were showing up when I went to invite them to a game. It said that I didn't have any friends. And if that wasn't a confidence crusher itself when I did get into a game it told me to verify that I had an internet connection. Everything else was working perfectly. Netflix etc etc. Just this game was being a bitch. I had to call my mom to make sure we were still friends

I’m having troubles right now. Usually I eject the disc to fix it, but this time not even unplugging the PS4 is working. It’s not like I have a lot of time in the world to play, either. 

31 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I’m having troubles right now. Usually I eject the disc to fix it, but this time not even unplugging the PS4 is working. It’s not like I have a lot of time in the world to play, either. 

PlayStation is having issues on their end right now. 

14 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

PlayStation is having issues on their end right now. 

For sure? Ive no problems connecting to their store. But then that’s another bag. 

The PSN has been having server issues for the last couple of hours.

Still broken I see. It has been searching for a session now for 6 minutes, which is a record for me. Usually it just makes me the host in 2 minutes. 

SERIOUSLY!

Please guys, somebody on PS4 respond. This is day 3 now and I still can’t connect. Do I need to reinstall the game or something? This is nuts. 

I just hopped on ps4 and I didn't have any issues getting into a lobby and playing multiple matches but we'll see how the day plays out. 

1 hour ago, ShiftySamurai said:

It looks as though there have been intermittent PSN service issues over the last few days.

There is nothing intermittent about it on my end. It searches cooldown for several minutes and then goes to the black “loading” screen and stays there forever. 

Do you know, if I uninstall the game and then reinstall will I lose all of my progress?

I've been having the same problem with my PS4 version for the last week. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but unfortunately it didn't work. I'm at a loss for what to try next. 

7 hours ago, Avenger3519 said:

I've been having the same problem with my PS4 version for the last week. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but unfortunately it didn't work. I'm at a loss for what to try next. 

I live in NH. Where are you? Maybe its a local outage?

I'm in New Jersey. A little distance but could be a northeastern thing, maybe? If the offline mode let you play as a counselor this wouldn't be so bad. I can only have so much fun slaughtering the bots. Lol

4 minutes ago, Avenger3519 said:

I'm in New Jersey. A little distance but could be a northeastern thing, maybe? If the offline mode let you play as a counselor this wouldn't be so bad. I can only have so much fun slaughtering the bots. Lol

I discovered that by simply switching to a new user account you can play online again. So it isn’t a connection problem. 

13 minutes ago, Avenger3519 said: