Sign in to follow this  
PrincessTiffany

POLL - Best character without a proper team

Pick the character that can survive without a proper team.  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the character that can survive without a proper team.

Hello Everyone!

I made this topic, because I am curious to know if other people agree with me on this one. Vanessa is (In my opinion) considered to be the best character, when I don't play with a proper team.

I can  just sprint with her as Jason follows me, her stamina barely runs out when sprinting. The big houses are good to avoid Jason for a few seconds to regain stamina and then repeat the same step, whenever Jason is chasing me. I'd only run with her, if Jason was shifting or if a window is near by me.

I just find slower characters to struggle living for 8 mintues staight on their own, as Jason is chasing them.

I do it with Eric and Mitch frequently. It is really about your goals. If I need to survive, I cut the time by getting the phone going quick and using epic MDaC. Killing 5 minutes with a fixer to escape by police is pretty easy. Killing 20 is much harder.

If you want to go the whole 20 minutes and get a time out win, Vanessa and Buggzy are probably going to be a better choice. 

1 minute ago, Alkavian said:

I do it with Eric and Mitch frequently. It is really about your goals. If I need to survive, I cut the time by getting the phone going quick and using epic MDaC. Killing 5 minutes with a fixer to escape by police is pretty easy. Killing 20 is much harder.

If you want to go the whole 20 minutes and get a time out win, Vanessa and Buggzy are probably going to be a better choice. 

I have experinced a lot of players carrying the phone fuse till they get killed by Jason. So, the option of calling the cops is not going to work always.

Probably not everyone's choice but Jenny with decent perks is my go to lone wolf. I find if my team is bad Jenny can still perform the necessary tasks to get the hell outta there. :)

• Like 1

Just now, Elias Voorhees said:

Probably not everyone's choice but Jenny with decent perks is my go to lone wolf. I find if my team is bad Jenny can still perform the necessary tasks to get the hell outta there. :)

Would you please list the 3 perks you use on Jenny and the amount of %. :)

1 minute ago, PrincessTiffany said:

I have experinced a lot of players carrying the phone fuse till they get killed by Jason. So, the option of calling the cops is not going to work always.

True, but if a skilled fixer-main gets it, there is little Jason can do to stop them with the current item spawn count. My current escape record is 1:50 seconds by boat on Crystal Lake. Getting the cops on scene in under 5 minutes is pretty easy to do with the right perks. As you noted, the hardest thing is to get the fuse from a disorganized random.

I voted Vanessa and agree with you, her speed is so good that she can just jog the whole time and you’re still at a faster pace than all the walking Jasons. You only have to worry about shift which isn’t that difficult to dodge with the current grab.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, doitagain said:

I voted Vanessa and agree with you, her speed is so good that she can just jog the whole time and you’re still at a faster pace than all the walking Jasons. You only have to worry about shift which isn’t that difficult to dodge with the current grab.

I am glad, you've the same opinion as me! Yes, her sprinting has great speed on it, no need to run. :)

I hope the new character will have similiar stats to Vanessa. :)

1 minute ago, PrincessTiffany said:

Would you please list the 3 perks you use on Jenny and the amount of %. :)

Tinker, Medic and Marathon, don't remember the exact % but they're either rare or epic perks. Should also say I try to avoid Jason as much as possible. 

To answer the opposite of the question, I’d say Tiffany is one of the most dependent on her team just because she can’t repair anything, and so many of her stats are put into stealth which only can get you so far.  Vanessa is similar to Tiffany but actually is so much more independent just because her repair is actually manageable on top of higher speed and stamina.

59 minutes ago, TiffanyIsOP said:

To answer the opposite of the question, I’d say Tiffany is one of the most dependent on her team just because she can’t repair anything, and so many of her stats are put into stealth which only can get you so far.  Vanessa is similar to Tiffany but actually is so much more independent just because her repair is actually manageable on top of higher speed and stamina.

Really? I would think it would be quite the opposite because her stealth helps her during the majority of the first half of the game and when it's the second half, where stealth doesn't matter, she can easily kite Jason. 

Not saying she would be the most independent but I wouldn't think she is the most dependent either.

1 hour ago, Elias Voorhees said:

Tinker, Medic and Marathon, don't remember the exact % but they're either rare or epic perks. Should also say I try to avoid Jason as much as possible. 

Tinker is terrible I suggest you change to something else. Keep in mind it only speeds up the wheel, it doesn’t make the QTE’s any larger. I run medic, marathon & epic nerves of steel since the mini map helps you track Jason’s movement. Even Jenny with her high composure can lose her mini map if you’re being chased awhile.

The top 3 

Tiffany; high stealth so she’ll be harder to track. Can easily distract Jason, and if played right will be the final girl.

Jenny; high composure and decent stealth, hide for half the match and wait for you moment to shine. 

AJ; High composure and stealth, works better alone than with a team. 

Couldn't agree more, @Gummybish. I voted for Tiffany. Vanessa isn't really all that difficult to catch. I usually play as Savini Jason and I destroy all of the doors to the cabins, so that that the counselor's have a harder time regaining their stamina. If a counselor is good at managing their stamina (especially if it's a Vanessa or Tiffany) I stay in shift as long as possible to waste a good amount of their stamina (this forces them to run longer). 

Vanessa because her sprint and stamina makes it easier to hop cabin to cabin and find parts or call the cops. She’s also the best girl to get the sweater because she’s fast enough to run in and get the sweater without getting caught by Jason when he’s alerted imo. 

I honestly think it’s best to play her alone if you’re in public because unless you’re in a very coordinated team with radios to interact with each and who’s planning to escape together or kill him, her loud footsteps could alert Jason and kill other people who can’t run as fast as her such as AJ, Deb, or Eric.

• Like 1

Vanessa, hands down.  Speed backed by stamina to traverse the map and gather resources and key items quickly as well as giving Jason the jukes.  Solid luck to keep weapons and decent strength for demasking.  Repair is bad.... but not abysmally bad.  You'd think that because she has low stealth she would be easy to find.... and that is true.  But in practice, Jason often has his hands full and would rather chase after repair types before following Vanessa down a salty path.   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gummybish said:

Really? I would think it would be quite the opposite because her stealth helps her during the majority of the first half of the game and when it's the second half, where stealth doesn't matter, she can easily kite Jason. 

Not saying she would be the most independent but I wouldn't think she is the most dependent either.

She can’t reliably get escape options by herself though. Other characters at least have that going for them. Surviving a long time means nothing since you can’t hide forever.

5 hours ago, TiffanyIsOP said:

She can’t reliably get escape options by herself though. Other characters at least have that going for them. Surviving a long time means nothing since you can’t hide forever.

Well not by hiding,  that's why I said her stealth helps her out during the first half only. 

She can easily kite Jason around houses during the second half, play hide and seek in the big houses. 

A good Vanessa running the proper perks is a nightmare to deal with. Especially one that can melee, juke, window hop, and manage stamina efficiently. She is the only counselor that I consider nerf worthy.

I'd say Deborah. More often than not, I've survived with the smarter characters. She has a pretty easy time running around and getting objectives done, and from time to time I'll just leave by myself if I fix the 2-seat car or boat.

14 hours ago, doitagain said:

Tinker is terrible I suggest you change to something else. Keep in mind it only speeds up the wheel, it doesn’t make the QTE’s any larger. I run medic, marathon & epic nerves of steel since the mini map helps you track Jason’s movement. Even Jenny with her high composure can lose her mini map if you’re being chased awhile.

Aww man, that's a bummer. Speeding up the wheel is not helpful, I need bigger QTE's. Thanks for the heads up. ;)

Deb.

I lone wolfed it the vast majority of the time when I played and my escape percentage was pretty high with Deb.

I just feel that’s the point of the game. Not just running around, waiting out the 20 mins.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Toddarino said:

Deb.

I lone wolfed it the vast majority of the time when I played and my escape percentage was pretty high with Deb.

I just feel that’s the point of the game. Not just running around, waiting out the 20 mins.

I agree that running around for 20 minutes just doesn't hold much appeal. Which is why I didn't choose Vanessa. Usually people playing Vanessa just don't help out with objectives at all, they just focus on themselves, kinda grates.

1 hour ago, Toddarino said:

Deb.

Me too.  If I’m not going random, I go Deb and I escape most of the time.  And I almost always lone wolf it since I play without a mic.  Most of the time that I die, it’s because I spawned outside of the phone or power box cabin and get caught in the first minute or so.  If I can get past my first cabin with Deb, I’m golden most of  the time and have only ever had to make it to the 20 minute mark.